Mayock GM in DC?

Some rumours out there that he's being considered GM for Washington. I love how passionate he is in evaluating college players but GM? Is this Matt Millen II? Skins are becoming Browns of the NFC.

....Kiper just peed in his Wheaties.....Brylcream Boy thought he had a lock................

Some rumours out there that he's being considered GM for Washington. I love how passionate he is in evaluating college players but GM? Is this Matt Millen II? Skins are becoming Browns of the NFC.

I doubt it, Mayock knows at least something!

TV is a much better gig. No ultimate accountability, better hours, less pressure.

Same reason Gruden stays in the MNF booth.

I'd certainly agree with that. The money is VERY good for the top guys, and the workload and pressure justa fraction. But to each their own.... Edited by Augie

TV is a much better gig. No ultimate accountability, better hours, less pressure.

Same reason Gruden stays in the MNF booth.

....and Cowher, Billick, Mooch , etc....add in GM Polian for good measure.....booth versus the grind wins out.............

He would be foolish to take the job. He's got a great gig with the NFL Network where he's doing a fraction of the work he would as a GM. Not to mention he isn't going to become Snyder's latest scapegoat staying put on TV.

He would be foolish to take the job. He's got a great gig with the NFL Network where he's doing a fraction of the work he would as a GM. Not to mention he isn't going to become Snyder's latest scapegoat staying put on TV.

He also calls college football national games too! What's the NFL GM salary? oh here it is : google: $1 to 3m per year.

Guess how John Gruden is making - $6.5M! Only 5 NFL coaches make more than Gruden. Heck he isn't leaving TV booth.

Plus if he were to under perform in his job at GM it'd be tough for him to come back to his TV gig as the draft guru. He would lose the respect of viewers if he failed as a GM.

Unless the Redskins were offering a ton more money, I think Mayock would be better off financially staying put. He can do what he's doing for another 15-20 years. He's really good at it and the NFL Network knows that.

In the end, this could be great leverage for Mayock to get a "healthier" contract out of the NFL Network, which I'm sure his agent is already working on!

Plus if he were to under perform in his job at GM it'd be tough for him to come back to his TV gig as the draft guru. He would lose the respect of viewers if he failed as a GM.

Unless the Redskins were offering a ton more money, I think Mayock would be better off financially staying put. He can do what he's doing for another 15-20 years. He's really good at it and the NFL Network knows that.

In the end, this could be great leverage for Mayock to get a "healthier" contract out of the NFL Network, which I'm sure his agent is already working on!

Not so sure about that. ALL the TV guys are fired NFL guys