Jerry S the problem solver

HAHA! We had a sober companion. 1994. UB. Computer science. Foreign student who could drive drove us there. Ease up a bit.

Was his name 'Al'? Serious question, I was at UB same time, and we somehow befriended this Asian kid who didn't drink.

He would be 'on call' with my roommate's car to pick us up late night from the bars, in exchange for using said car to run errands.

Never drove us to any carcasses, however.

Heads Jerry wins, tails I am the idiot. You are right - the world according to Jerry, always changing. Tough to keep up

and then if the Bills did release Tyrod and draft a rookie he has 3 more years of job security railing about the continued Bills futility

It was also thought that the Pats traded Chandler Jones because they were not going to be able to resign Jones, Hightower, and Butler. Well Jones is gone, Hightower is unsigned, and Butler is unsigned. Maybe they did that knowing they wanted to go after a top CB?

And Jamie Collins

Yet his stuff gets such a big reaction around here.

It's working out fine for him.

Not really, I don't read his stuff anymore, haven't in several years, which means the News doesn't get me to click on their page and read their useless banner ads. I just love seeing what people here are saying.

I read about the Bills every day. Sully, though, I read only once or twice a year. His schtick isn't working with me either.

When he writes about college things or golf or does a personal interest column about a specific athlete, his stuff is really good. It's when he writes about the Bills (and Sabres to a lesser degree) that he goes off the reservation. He will often contradict himself in different columns just to put negative slants on things the organization does. I suspect it's because he was called out by Terry almost immediately after buying the Sabres, and because if memory serves correct his locker room access was altered under previous ownership. I have no problem being critical; the late great Larry Felser was all the time. But do it with some degree of consistency, and do it without resorting to writing in a bitter and sarcastic, insulting manner.

Guest NeckBeard

Was his name 'Al'? Serious question, I was at UB same time, and we somehow befriended this Asian kid who didn't drink.

He would be 'on call' with my roommate's car to pick us up late night from the bars, in exchange for using said car to run errands.

Never drove us to any carcasses, however.

His name was "Hung". Not kidding.

Guest NeckBeard

That was his middle name. His full name was Wun Hung Lo.

I now await the wrath of the offended.

Well, he was a friend of ours' because we had a mutual willingness to endure the heckling. He was awesome, btw, and he was a Bills fan (because of us) for many years -- I don't know if he still is -- until we lost touch. He didn't drink, save for twice a year after finals, but outside of that he would endure our whims to do Billsy stuff, and to drive when we got buzzed and jump on dead cows. Plus, he was easily one of the best programmers I have ever seen. He wrote this amazing chess program to cheat the chess servers back in the day. Yeah, good times. Oldish now.

Well, he was a friend of ours' because we had a mutual willingness to endure the heckling. He was awesome, btw, and he was a Bills fan (because of us) for many years -- I don't know if he still is -- until we lost touch. He didn't drink, save for twice a year after finals, but outside of that he would endure our whims to do Billsy stuff, and to drive when we got buzzed and jump on dead cows. Plus, he was easily one of the best programmers I have ever seen. He wrote this amazing chess program to cheat the chess servers back in the day. Yeah, good times. Oldish now.

Sounds like a great guy. Sincerely sorry for your loss.

That's not how it works, WIDE LEFT.... you see with those particular media types like Sully, you only bring up the stuff you got right. Don't attempt to insert logic, reason, or track record into this. Sully was right, because Patriots.

When he said they would never give Gilly a big contract, he was right. But in the time since, master god Bellicheck has altered the rules of the universe, and now it is the right decision. Come on, WIDE LEFT, keep up.

To me it's all relative. With Gilmore the Pats are playing with house money like a gambler up big. If they push a long-shot bet that turns out its all good. If not, well they're still up big but only gave a little back. NE can afford to gamble. if it doesn't work out, oh well nobody's going to bring it up, criticize them, or hold it against them. They still have those super bowls to fall back on and everything they do wrong gets covered up by the fact they arguably have the GOAT at the QB position for a decade and a half.

The Bills are not in a position to gamble with giving Gilmore a big contract with lots of other needs they have to address with their available cap money.

So what both teams did makes logical sense given their specific situations regardless of what Jerry thinks is right or wrong.

Sullivan is an idiot

Sully is a tool and that will never change. The organization did the right thing in restructuring Tyrod Taylor. And I have no doubt that we will draft at least one quarterback next month. Finding a franchise quarterback is not an easy endeavor and every year there's at least 10 to 15 teams searching for one. No one denies that TT is a bridge quarterback and a slightly above-average one. Maybe by some Act of God he'll show us more than what he's shown as the last two years.

Sully is a tool and that will never change. The organization did the right thing in restructuring Tyrod Taylor. And I have no doubt that we will draft at least one quarterback next month. Finding a franchise quarterback is not an easy endeavor and every year there's at least 10 to 15 teams searching for one. No one denies that TT is a bridge quarterback and a slightly above-average one. Maybe by some Act of God he'll show us more than what he's shown as the last two years.

Or maybe by the act of some QB coach not named David Lee...

How do you judge this?

Constantly putting periods in the middle of sentences instead of at the end. Seems to think "call them" is one word, spelled "c-o-l-u-m-n." Keeps confusing the words "humor" and "rancor," and continues to believe "witty" and "petulant" are interchangeable, preferring the latter in both instances.

Unlike Gleason, he's at least technically proficient, in my opinion. It's the formulaic approach to his vomit spewing that I find nearly as intolerable as his point of view.