Beer Thread

RaoulDuke79

29 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

If you don't someone else will....;)

The trick is to wait a couple weeks before you do what they want. In this case, about a week and a half ago she says "oh, I was at Wegmans and I saw a cinnamon roll beer that I think we should try for fun." Since then, I've been endlessly reminding myself to buy it, but she doesn't know that. So when I bring it home  she thinks, awh, how thoughtful.

13 minutes ago, Luka said:

The trick is to wait a couple weeks before you do what they want. In this case, about a week and a half ago she says "oh, I was at Wegmans and I saw a cinnamon roll beer that I think we should try for fun." Since then, I've been endlessly reminding myself to buy it, but she doesn't know that. So when I bring it home  she thinks, awh, how thoughtful.

Spot on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I've heard people say that this is going to be a hell of a lot better in 4-6 months or longer.  Still very good today, but will age very gracefully

13 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Bought a double deuce of Ballast Point coconut victory at sea. A hell of a change of pace for the pallet, but absolutely delicious if you like coconut. Gonna be a great nightcap.

$22???  You got a bargain....26.99 per bottle was the going price in most retail outlets in the philly area.  higher in the bottle shops.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Had one over the weekend and it was delicious. I’m not sure that it was $22 good but it was good.

8 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

$22???  You got a bargain....26.99 per bottle was the going price in most retail outlets in the philly area.  higher in the bottle shops.

$21.99 at Dorignacs here (and I knew I was getting a bargain). My buddy and I split one Saturday so I guess it was half.  Fun little fact about Dorignacs, one of the executives there is a Bills Backer and from Buffalo.

I just didnt love it. In general though I don’t love Stouts (I like them). I’d have them ahead of Sours but well behind IPAs. I will buy Breakfast Stout when I see it and but will always buy every IPA if that makes sense? I bought CBS because I felt that I needed to try it. I really enjoyed it but am not dying to do it again.  

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

$21.99 at Dorignacs here (and I knew I was getting a bargain). My buddy and I split one Saturday so I guess it was half.  Fun little fact about Dorignacs, one of the executives there is a Bills Backer and from Buffalo.

I just didnt love it. In general though I don’t love Stouts (I like them). I’d have them ahead of Sours but well behind IPAs. I will buy Breakfast Stout when I see it and but will always buy every IPA if that makes sense? I bought CBS because I felt that I needed to try it. I really enjoyed it but am not dying to do it again.  

Blasphemy, and nearly the opposite of my palate.

I go something like:

Stouts

Sours

Wits

Pilsners

IPAs

:lol:

On 2017-12-11 at 9:15 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Bro, I’m all about the IPA. I’d !@#$ing bathe in that ****.

On 2017-12-11 at 9:54 AM, joesixpack said:

Blasphemy, and nearly the opposite of my palate.

I go something like:

Stouts

Sours

Wits

Pilsners

IPAs

:lol:

Blaspheme!!!

Pilsners are just above urine. Just.

8 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Blaspheme!!!

Don’t get me wrong...I love me a good IPA, but to me drinking IPAs too much is like always having sex with the same woman.  

Every once in a while you need to stray from your wife (IPA), and pay that scabby whore (Porter, Lager, Pils) you see hanging down by Walmart to hoover your bald butler.

:P

Snow day today.  Schools closed.  I just got back from taking the dog for a long walk up at Killington.  Just cracked an Otter Creek Drip Drop Coffee Stout (Middlebury, VT) and it’s amazing.  Cheers, all.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't know about that.  I am also all about IPA's, but sometimes you just can't beat a good pilsner, done right, they can be incredibly crisp and refreshing.  As far as sours, i am always too scared to commit to a full pour, so i normally go with tasters whenever i see one that catches my eye.  I did have a really good wit the other day at Tired Hands, it was damn good

16 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Blaspheme!!!

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Don’t get me wrong...I love me a good IPA, but to me drinking IPAs too much is like always having sex with the same woman.  

Every once in a while you need to stray from your wife (IPA), and pay that scabby whore (Porter, Lager, Pils) you see hanging down by Walmart to hoover your bald butler.

:P

Snow day today.  Schools closed.  I just got back from taking the dog for a long walk up at Killington.  Just cracked an Otter Creek Drip Drop Coffee Stout (Middlebury, VT) and it’s amazing.  Cheers, all.

If anything, I’ll use this post as my defense when my wife starts questioning me.

I tried a 6 pack of Victory's Sour Monkey on Thanksgiving. It was the first sour I'd ever had. It was pretty good. Though i should not have drank the whole 6 pack in one sitting. Family game night while home for the holidays will do that to you though.