Washington Fires GM Scot McCloughan

What I was saying is that the Redskins have a way of not being able to evaluate and/or to retain talent for the long term. On top of that they are trying to have their cake and eat it too by not extending Cousins. That team has no other proven options at the position, Cousins' immaturity or not.

Cousins was an afterthought when they drafted RGIII. Then RGIII sucked his way out of a job. Then Cousins looked pretty bad until he didn't. Then they fire the GM. Oy.

Definitely maybe, but why air dirty laundry? I would expect that any organization of professionals would not.

I agree that the Skins didn't handle the McCl**** situation very well. But there was no way that the reason for his dismissal was not going to come out, even if the organization was sealed tight against leaks. This GM has now been relieved of his duties by three teams. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out what the cause was.

Cousin complaining about not getting an extension last year and this offseason is childish. The organization miscalculated by not acting sooner. Because of the failure to sign him sooner he is now in a better position to make more money. The organization acted with the system and so did he. He is going to be the beneficiary of how the system works. He's pouting because his feelings are hurt. Tough!

I disagree. I think Scot got forced out by Bruce Allen and Snyder.

The employee got fired by his superiors for cause. It is as simple as that. There is a code of conduct that he didn't meet. The same type of code that applies to everyone in the work world.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NeckBeard

I agree that the Skins didn't handle the McCl**** situation very well. But there was no way that the reason for his dismissal was not going to come out, even if the organization was sealed tight against leaks. This GM has now been relieved of his duties by three teams. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out what the cause was.

Cousin complaining about not getting an extension last year and this offseason is childish. The organization miscalculated by not acting sooner. Because of the failure to sign him sooner he is now in a better position to make more money. The organization acted with the system and so did he. He is going to be the beneficiary of how the system works. He's pouting because his feelings are hurt. Tough!

But, wait. Then it sounds like you are holding both parties equally responsible. If so, then I agree.

Also, they are apparently talking to tv personality Mayock about their open GM position. Intriguing! (NOT.)

But, wait. Then it sounds like you are holding both parties equally responsible. If so, then I agree.

Also, they are apparently talking to tv personality Mayock about their open GM position. Intriguing! (NOT.)

No, you are misreading my position. The primary person who is responsible for this sad situation is the drinker. The organisation didn't handle it as well as it could have been handled but the onus is on the employee who acted outside the established code of conduct.

The employee got fired by his superiors for cause. It is as simple as that. There is a code of conduct that he didn't meet. The same type of code that applies to everyone in the work world.

We have no idea if they had just cause, yet.

i just saw that and thought it was from The Onion at first

It occurs to me...perhaps Washington should wait to hire Mayock (assuming they want him) until after the draft.

I mean, the guy posted his rankings on NFL.com, his Twitter feed is full of his opinions on players, and he just spent a week during the combine giving his opinion on 300 prospects.

People want to say the Bills are a mess. SMH.

Washington will be renting their QB again this year and they can't even figure out why they fired their GM.

It occurs to me...perhaps Washington should wait to hire Mayock (assuming they want him) until after the draft.

I mean, the guy posted his rankings on NFL.com, his Twitter feed is full of his opinions on players, and he just spent a week during the combine giving his opinion on 300 prospects.

to be fair, we dont know if those are 100% candidly honest, or unchanging or match what he would do with a specific roster... and even so, i dont know if they would look WILDLY different than other teams.

in assembling an actual draft board, you would have some insight into him but not 100%

Edited by NoSaint

Guest NeckBeard

No, you are misreading my position. The primary person who is responsible for this sad situation is the drinker. The organisation didn't handle it as well as it could have been handled but the onus is on the employee who acted outside the established code of conduct.

Ah, sorry. :-(

Can someone explain what happened with this dude? Why did he fall out of favor with the FO? Is it because he didn't lock Kirk down or am I just out of touch with the Skins?

My understanding, from reports, is that he fell back in trouble with alcohol - -- it was reported in DC news. It's been a problem in the past. I don;t know if that is true, the other point is that Bruce Allen is the team president and he just wanted "yes men" around him and SM is not a yes man.