Washington Fires GM Scot McCloughan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm someone who lives in DC area was talking about this in the shoutbox this morning. Crazy dysfunction. Bruce Allen.

I was the one in the shoutbox who was discussing the issue. Drinking issues may have been a factor but the core problem had to do with the conflict between Bruce Allen and McClu****. An example of the finger pointing that caused a rift was that McClu was accused of leaking to others that it was Allen who declined giving Cousins the extended contract last year while he was for it. Now the cost has exponentially gone up.

This is a case of not having clear lines of authority. You can't have a mixture of voices and expect to always have agreement. Friction is inevitable and it doesn't get milder, it escalates until there is a combustion.

The real "House of Cards" in DC is at Redskins Park. With Kevin Spacey starring as Bruce Allen. That bald guy (Frank Russo?) is Scot.

@albertbreer

We'll see how this thing gets positioned. My feeling knowing what I know about Washington -- This was largely about decision-making power.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The real "House of Cards" in DC is at Redskins Park. With Kevin Spacey starring as Bruce Allen. That bald guy (Frank Russo?) is Scot.

@albertbreer

We'll see how this thing gets positioned. My feeling knowing what I know about Washington -- This was largely about decision-making power.

The highlighted area is a good summary of what the problem was.

Can someone explain what happened with this dude? Why did he fall out of favor with the FO? Is it because he didn't lock Kirk down or am I just out of touch with the Skins?

...Cliff Notes explanation....Dan Snyder and the Deadskins......you do the math since he bought 'em...........

@MikeJonesWaPo

Redskins fire GM Scot McCloughan after two seasons

https://t.co/Ceit6x6MLF

WTF, why wait until the start of FA?

“He’s had multiple relapses due to alcohol,” said the official, who spoke on a condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment on personnel matters. “He showed up in the locker room drunk on multiple occasions. . . . This has been a disaster for 18 months.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-fire-gm-scot-mccloughan-after-two-seasons/2017/03/09/652aa4f0-04fc-11e7-b9fa-ed727b644a0b_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.a7c8eebb5af7

Right, so if it's been a disaster for 18 months, why not give him the ol' "heave-ho" after the season? Why wait until the start of FA and the combine?

If he's been showing up drunk and all, he probably deserves to be fired. It makes him a liability, especially in a public/media-facing role.

Recently lost his grandmother, I believe he was in charge of her estate. Just a bad situation all around.

Don't believe everything you read from the Redskins org. Snyder is a bona fide awful human.

WTF, why wait until the start of FA?

Right, so if it's been a disaster for 18 months, why not give him the ol' "heave-ho" after the season? Why wait until the start of FA and the combine?

At this point he was frozen out of the operation. The organization was trying to get him to quit. He had a contract so it was in his interest to be fired rather than quit. This was an ugly smear job that demonstrated the internal viciousness and machinations within this classless organization.

At this point he was frozen out of the operation. The organization was trying to get him to quit. He had a contract so it was in his interest to be fired rather than quit. This was an ugly smear job that demonstrated the internal viciousness and machinations within this classless organization.

that whole thing with his dead grandmother was very strange