TYROD IS STAYING

There are only 32 teams. There are good QB's in several of the last drafts the Bills have missed drafting including Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, and Dak Prescott.

It's not luck, it's called scouting. Let's try that and get some QB's in here, not other teams scraps.

True enough. Now how about listing all the QBs that did get drafted throughout the league who didn't become one of those three guys. As a side question, how terrific would Dak have been had he been starting for the Eagles or Rams? My guess is the general opinion would be that he was a bust. A quality team with a good coaching staff can make even so-so players shine.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. This is bad. Tyrod will not get better. He is what he is. We can still take a QB at number 10 though. I'm not ruling that out, but we will miss playoffs again.

You just saved me thousands, thanks pard. The suspense was killing me.

Sadly I agree I was holding out hope that Whaley is the boss and things would change this season where he was going to address the QB position with urgency and not overpay once again for a backup but Sadly all I see is another staff telling Whaley we can win with this guy just to have the exact same Chan fail with Fitz. If this stands we need to fire Whaley I'm so done with his unwillingness to fix his own words when hired, had QB purgatory when hired and will have the same when he is fired.

How does restructuring a qbs contract to lower his cap hit and essentially makes it a 2 yr deal keep us in QB purgatory? We drafted a QB last year and will more than likely draft one this year, how is that failing to address the spot?

How does restructuring a qbs contract to lower his cap hit and essentially makes it a 2 yr deal keep us in QB purgatory? We drafted a QB last year and will more than likely draft one this year, how is that failing to address the spot?

People cant think and chew gum at the same time. Thats how.

Yep. This is bad. Tyrod will not get better. He is what he is. We can still take a QB at number 10 though. I'm not ruling that out, but we will miss playoffs again.

Too many holes to fill, doubt we grab a QB till 5th round at best since Mahomes will be gone in rd2.

True enough. Now how about listing all the QBs that did get drafted throughout the league who didn't become one of those three guys. As a side question, how terrific would Dak have been had he been starting for the Eagles or Rams? My guess is the general opinion would be that he was a bust. A quality team with a good coaching staff can make even so-so players shine.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses.

you know it's rush's thing to make outrageous comments about the tt situation that have zero basis. just let him have it. this is a tough day for him.

To clarify, it's even worse:

The Bills have taken Two 1st RD QB's in the last 33 years.

I'd like to make sure everyone is equipped with that knowledge before again, quite mindlessly explaining that we again need to wait until next year. Doing that is why we never have a franchise QB. I said it earlier, but I'll say it again because it applies so well to this damn team,

The best time to grow a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now. Some of you want to wait until next harvest, and that's exactly how we end up where we are.

That's about on par with other teams though, granted once you have a franchise QB, you're not drafting in a QB in the first anytime soon. Cleveland leads with 1st round QB's taken in the last 20 years and that's only 4. NE, Seattle, and KC have 0 in the past 20.

last 1st round QB pick per team:

https://www.sporcle.com/games/BCSwede/last-qb-drafted-in-the-1st-round-by-each-nfl-team

about 50/50 for first round QB's to pan out.

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2015/04/success_for_quarterbacks_picke.html

I do want the Bills to draft more later round QB's though, it's worth a shot.

Edited by ricojes

Six mil.....get Woods Re-Signed now!

Taylor's really a team guy. Seems pretty clear from the moment the offseason began and he publicly stated he was willing to rework his deal. This offseason was set up to be just one long game of chicken, in a sense. I'm glad Taylor flinched first and it looks like he cares more about winning than money, which he would have gotten on the open market.

Woods, hopefully, is next in line. Let's draft another WR high and improve the weapons on offense... maybe they can stay healthy, too.

I see you carried your baggage over here. nothing new, same old rush.

I see your love of Tyrod is still as active as your love for Fitz was, I guess we will see if your opinion is the same fail as it was with keeping Fitz.

Stay strong. They will jump ship after Carr, Brady, Brady, Ryan, Brees, Rivers , Cam, Luck, and Jameis share the same field as him.

Weather it Til week 6. Then you will be in the clear.

Ryan dont go home and do any self harm.

Really though your reaching again.

Edited by Bill_with_it

Just saw tweets from Shefter

Not sure how Hoyer fits in here, but it looks like we are keeping Taylor on a restructured contract. I think this is the right call. Now draft Mahomes and lets reload for 2017

Only hours after he said he didn't see Tyrod staying on Mike & Mike. Why do I even listen? I know better, but there I am....

Glad to hear this news and glad the wait is over.

It's funny that when it looked like he was going, everyone thought we were stupid for letting that happen. If it had looked like he was staying, they would have turned that around somehow.

CJ doesn't even know how to hold the ball correctly, then add another late round pick at QB isn't addressing the QB position it's just adding to the many more years of not having a franchise worthy QB.

You just saved me thousands, thanks pard. The suspense was killing me.

So you agree with me. That's cool. Now people are making assumptions about the FO that this was not Doug Whaley's decision and the real crapper, McDermott is the new sheriff in town. Sheriff of what? McDermott hasn't done anything in this league, such as Bill Belichick and Mike Tomlin, to earn that power to call the shots. Laughable. If he did, McDermott should be the GM, not the coach.

So you agree with me. That's cool. Now people are making assumptions about the FO that this was not Doug Whaley's decision and the real crapper, McDermott is the new sheriff in town. Sheriff of what? McDermott hasn't done anything in this league, such as Bill Belichick and Mike Tomlin, to earn that power to call the shots. Laughable. If he did, McDermott should be the GM, not the coach.

lol still hating on TT. And you trust Whaley. ha ha ha It should be the HC decision. TT was the best option for 2017. Give it up.