Would you take a job for more money that you'd hate?

Another Fan

How much more money?

the money isn''t going to make you happy

Whoever said money is the root of all evil doesn't !@#$ing have any

They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the !@#$ing smile on my face. Ear to ear baby!

- Jim Young ( :D) Boiler Room

How much more $$$ is a fair question. If you can suck it up for a while, then do what you want forever...... then maybe. But in general, NO! I'd move back to Sarasota, FL for half or a third of what our current income is. I'd rather be happy every day than plan to be happy some day. A day that may never come. But people do what they have to do.

I can't imagine a job that pays me more and do less work than I do now.

I can! Do you like FreeCell? /dev, tell him about FreeCell!

;-P

Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut. What happens on the river, stays on the river!

;-)

And to answer the question, I am not sure. Like others have said, how much more?

Unless it's a life changing amount of money like double the salary I would probably say no. You spend a lot of time at work, and there's nothing worse than hearing that alarm go off then schlepping off to a job that makes you miserable. Maybe if it was something I could do for a few years and sock away a ton of money I would consider it, but that's about the only scenario I could imagine doing it willingly.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

I'll say you get offered $20k more per year. Take the job with less money or the job with more $$$ even though you can't stand anything about it.

It's all relative. Is it $20k more and you're making $20k? Hell yes. Gotta do what you gotta do. If you're making $200k? Hell no.

I would

but I keep very little for myself and give whatever I dont use to my kids....grandkids.....I work to basically take care of the people around me

That is exactly how I got into the mess I am in now.....I asked for my pizza delivery job back (I really did not want to....I wanted to work my day job and come home to spend time with my grandkids....the people around me were suffering financially)

Then....bam....get into a car accident now im the one suffering. I am getting a tiny amount of workmans comp from the pizza place and I have a lot of vacation and sick leave at my day job (because I never took vacations or called in sick) that is floating me for the moment.

but if someone came to me and told me "I want you to do something you hate....but will pay you well" yes I absolutely would do it because I know I can take care of my family which would make me smile.