Would you take a job for more money that you'd hate?

Another Fan

I would

but I keep very little for myself and give whatever I dont use to my kids....grandkids.....I work to basically take care of the people around me

That is exactly how I got into the mess I am in now.....I asked for my pizza delivery job back (I really did not want to....I wanted to work my day job and come home to spend time with my grandkids....the people around me were suffering financially)

Then....bam....get into a car accident now im the one suffering. I am getting a tiny amount of workmans comp from the pizza place and I have a lot of vacation and sick leave at my day job (because I never took vacations or called in sick) that is floating me for the moment.

but if someone came to me and told me "I want you to do something you hate....but will pay you well" yes I absolutely would do it because I know I can take care of my family which would make me smile.

Best of luck in your recovery. That is all very unfortunate, but also very admirable. That says a lot about a person. Hoping for good things for everybody!

A jobs a job. How bad could it be?

I had a bad one, worse than I knew was possible. Took a while to get out from under those red neck jerks at the sweat shop. That's all in the past and I'm very fortunate. It's not just the work, it's the quality of the people. I had a job as a teenager carrying bags of trash with dirty diapers, week old fish juice and maggots dripping out down my leg from garden apartment basements one day a week. (Other days were basic maintenance and landscaping.) THAT job was better than the sweat shop. I'm blessed that I don't need to do it financially. I liked the check, and somewhere to go and the co-workers. Many of the same people are still trapped there. I still drive thru the office park and look at the same cars when I'm near. I really feel for those poor souls. Edited by Augie

I'll say you get offered $20k more per year. Take the job with less money or the job with more $$$ even though you can't stand anything about it.

$20K?!?!? $20-!@#$ing-k? I can make $20k more this year with one decent phone call. :D

How about a percentage?

Edited by Chef Jim

I'll say you get offered $20k more per year. Take the job with less money or the job with more $$$ even though you can't stand anything about it.

Sure... That 20k can go towards my new bass boat and be put towards providing for my family more..

I would

but I keep very little for myself and give whatever I dont use to my kids....grandkids.....I work to basically take care of the people around me

That is exactly how I got into the mess I am in now.....I asked for my pizza delivery job back (I really did not want to....I wanted to work my day job and come home to spend time with my grandkids....the people around me were suffering financially)

Then....bam....get into a car accident now im the one suffering. I am getting a tiny amount of workmans comp from the pizza place and I have a lot of vacation and sick leave at my day job (because I never took vacations or called in sick) that is floating me for the moment.

but if someone came to me and told me "I want you to do something you hate....but will pay you well" yes I absolutely would do it because I know I can take care of my family which would make me smile.

Sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

There is no such thing as too much money. But there is a very real thing called not enough money. Gotta have enough to get by. You do what you need to to make that happen. After a certain point, happiness is more important.

I'm curious how other fans think. For me I think I'd value my happiness more than anything so be it I can survive.

depends on what it is and for how much.

For example one Can make a ton of money pipelining but it is A LOT OF WORK. If I was young I would do it till I had enough for a house and some savings and then find something less demanding.

I can't imagine a job that pays me more and do less work than I do now.

sign me up !