Send a Message to the Heartbroken BBMB Mods

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention there are already 5 other threads in existence regarding the BBMB. Thankfully we now have a 6th one that is so much better than all the others!

I'm glad most of these fellas have made it over this way, but bringing your trash with you and dumping it in multiple piles in our living room is not likely to end well.

C'mon cut them some slack. It was obviously an important place for them and it's ok with me if they vent a little. Yes multiple threads have been started but it's clearly just getting some emotions out. I'm 42 years old and as silly as it sounds my post total means a little something to me as I'm sure something similar there meant something to them. Then to start over at 1 post can be a deflating feeling.

It takes a long time to get to know someone through their posts and I'm sure they feel like a lot of their posting personality was taken from them. I think if we just give them a little time to get this stuff out of their system we'll have some fantastic posters to interact with.

C'mon cut them some slack. It was obviously an important place for them and it's ok with me if they vent a little. Yes multiple threads have been started but it's clearly just getting some emotions out. I'm 42 years old and as silly as it sounds my post total means a little something to me as I'm sure something similar there meant something to them. Then to start over at 1 post can be a deflating feeling.

It takes a long time to get to know someone through their posts and I'm sure they feel like a lot of their posting personality was taken from them. I think if we just give them a little time to get this stuff out of their system we'll have some fantastic posters to interact with.

I have zero issue with them taking time to get over it. If we maintain a BBMB thread for guys to vent in for the entire offseason, I'd be perfectly fine with that.

But how many threads do we really need about another message board? Was 5 just not enough?

I understand the venting and am supportive of the addition of some quality posters, but guys who are so desperate for attention and validation that they feel the need to create entirely new and entirely redundant threads should maybe be encouraged to check themselves imo.

Edited by Simon

I have zero issue with them taking time to get over it. If we maintain a BBMB thread for guys to vent in for the entire offseason, I'd be perfectly fine with that.

But how many threads do we really need about another message board? Was 5 just not enough?

Agreed.

As a refugee that has vented myself, at some point it shouldn't clutter the front page.....especially with free agency upon us.

Maybe merge and move the threads and let us BBMBers B word a little while longer then lock the thread and move on.

Not a good start, my friend.

The folks here at TDB have been kind enough to welcome us here, with some healthy ribbing at times. But there's an expectation they have for us. Failing to meet that expectation will likely result in being shown the door.

The BBMB is gone, and with it goes an old way of operating as a member of a Bills message board. I higy doubt any of the lifers and regulars here feel like this thread is solid contribution here.

My advice would be to act like the new kid in class. Sit back and observe; see how things operate here, in all aspects. Notice what is frowned upon.

There are already a few threads relating to the BBMB that were created shory after the old board went the way of the dodo, and while your original post possibly speaks about someone that may now be a member here as well, it would have been better to just post it in one of those threads. Several people have stated pretty much the same thing as you, as what they like the most about this site. It really didn't need it's own thread, and I'm sure that the regs here would prefer to get the fresh BBMB takes over with sooner, rather than later.

JMO, do what you will. But what's done is done. Move on. Embrace your new life here.

The mods were the reason it was shut down. It was like being in Nazi Germany.

Really? Were you shot? Gassed? Starved? Worked to death?

I'm guessing the answer is "no" to at least three of those.

Oh my god, I can't take you guys anywhere. THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS!!!!

You're from BBMB. What do you know about having nice things?

Guest Diesel-USMC

Dear BBMB mods who were mandated to moderate a forum tied directly to the Buffalo Bills, by the Buffalo Bills; I apologize that some can't seem to follow simple, clear cut rules. I'm sorry people don't understand how it worked or why it had to work the way it did. Common sense isn't quite as common as we'd like to think. I'd also like to say thanks for all the infractions I did receive for the little things.

I miss you all. God speed in your future endeavors and my thy ban hammer be forever merciless.

Edited by Diesel-USMC

I have to vent...or gloat for a second. I am so thrilled that the Buffalo Bills decided to pull the plug on the Message Board because it meant that the self-righteous BBMB mods will no longer have that to boost their self-esteem.

Seriously, at one point I enjoyed the BBMB because it was a fun place where you could go and talk Bills. But it got to the point where you couldn't say anything negative toward the franchise without getting an infraction...or recently getting banned. That means the likes of "WYO" "ZMAN" and whoever else shutting you down.

I remember getting banned for trashing our coaching and front office staff. The reason? Trolling? If you're being honest, how is that trolling.

What pissed me off is that you'd get an infraction for doing the same thing that "veteran" members did without punishment. I'm talking people like DieselUSMC, Billsfancy, or others.

Well good riddance to all those BBMB Moderators. You guys can stick it.

A little hint:

You're entitled to your opinion, of course. You're even entitled to express it. But before you do, ask yourself this simple question: "Should I express my opinion in a thread that already exists somewhere? Or is my opinion so unique and important that it's worth looking like a precious egocentric jackass and creating a new thread for it?"

If the answer to that is yes, then ask yourself "Is it really, or am I just drunk off my ass?"

If the answer to that is anything but "No, it really isn't," then do yourself a favor and slam your fingers in a car door, so you can't type.

Guest Diesel-USMC

What does BBMB stand for? What happened? Sorry I'm late to the game.

Bobs Basket of Minced Beets.

It's gone.

Glad you made it. Better late than never.

Mods were clowns over there. Wish I would of found this board earlier.

Nazi clowns. God, I hate Nazi clowns. Worse than Illinois Nazis.

What does BBMB stand for? What happened? Sorry I'm late to the game.

Blueberry Braised Moa Breast. Delicious...

Nazi clowns. God, I hate Nazi clowns. Worse than Illinois Nazis.

Some people have clown issues, be sensitive.

I hear it smelled like sauerkraut and warm beer

Some people have sauerkraut issues, be sensitive. And who likes warm beer?