Reason NRC was released

cover1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We might have to spend all six picks on secondary the way it is going. That is not many miss tackles if you look at others at his position. He was a playmaker. Dont get it. Odds are his replacement won't be as good.

yeah, it sucks that the draft is the only way we can replace 2 CBs that are going into FA.

Oh wait, FA hasn't started yet? Hmm.

Loved the kids heart and was a fan of him. Glad we parted ways with him though. His height really hurt his overall ability on the field. I hope he catches on elsewhere and is productive but a CB overhaul is a good idea in my book. Now we just need a solid starter to replace Gilmore and a solid 4th and 5th. Maybe Seymour can replace Gilmore, but I'd bet that we draft one in the first 3 rds, if not the 1st.

I'm guessing Seymour replaces NRC and we use a pick in round one or two to replace Gilmore

No reason he should not have been kept for depth at the very least. You telling me we are going to lose Gilmore and Robey-Coleman and we are going to have 5 or 6 CBs on our roster next year better than him? I don't think so.

Yea, so deal with it.

Yeah I don't really see that either

Maybe he just doesnt fit the defensive scheme McD is about to employ....maybe they want a bigger taller guy at that spot?

I loved Robey.....classic over achiever mighty mouse

The problem is it seems that they had to pull him off the field when teams put a big body in the slot? Am I wrong on this?

Maybe he just doesnt fit the defensive scheme McD is about to employ....maybe they want a bigger taller guy at that spot?

I loved Robey.....classic over achiever mighty mouse

The problem is it seems that they had to pull him off the field when teams put a big body in the slot? Am I wrong on this?

This post sums it up..... I liked NRC's heart and desire but his size limited him.

I'm not broken up about NRC really. Cover corners are cheap and the draft class is deep.

I have no doubt we will sign a bunch of low level FA DBs and probably spend 2-3 draft picks on them as well. You know Whaley fully expects to get a gem or 2 in FA or draft. I don't know if they will be better than NRC, but I don't think the margin is big enough to really impact the defense much.

When you get a new coach, why not get some guys who fit the system to replace low-mid level guys since everybody is going to be new to this defense anyway.

We might have to spend all six picks on secondary the way it is going. That is not many miss tackles if you look at others at his position. He was a playmaker. Dont get it. Odds are his replacement won't be as good.

With the way things are going, I am now in the belief that we should trade down so we can get more picks.

We have other positional needs as well. We can't focus too much on CB.

Good post. Interesting. I'm guessing drafting a nickle CB that is fast and tackles well will be high on their draft priorities.

Eric and Cover 1 is the real deal. He's forgotten more about scheme and technique than most people know.

If you're not following him on Twitter you should be.

Munnerlyn is 2 inches taller and at least 20 lbs heavier. When you are on the low end of height/weight spectrum in NFL, that amount makes a difference.

Same exact height. Munnerlyn is 20 pounds heavier but for 1.5 mil see if Robey can add few pounds if that concerns the team. Which I doubt.

Edited by BuffaloBud420

Enjoyed the original posters post.

Thanks

Eric is a HUGE asset to have here!

Strap in, he'll educate you in a great way! :)

Too kind! But there are a ton of McDermott videos on the Cover 1 youtube channel and cover1.net

Edited by cover1

I do remember him getting ran over in that position a couple of times, unable to make a tackle.

Easy guy to cheer for, thanks for the time as a bill

He had tremendous competitive toughness, such a feisty player. But with all of the cuts we freed up 5 mill.

Very much agree....

Thanks!