Kevon seymour

Does anyone else believe Kevon can be are second/first corner if we throw him out to the wolves like we did with Darby I love his size and learning a year from Gilmore I think we should give him the opportunity to start we need a safety with talent to help on the back end but I believe kevon can do it if he is given the oppurtunity I think the pressure are d line will be getting back in the 4-3 is going to make it easier to start a young corner like Kevon to spend are money elseehere if we keep tyrod. If we let go of tyrod I think we should spend money on a corner but if he is kept give him the shot he earned last year with his small sample size.

Does anyone else believe Kevon can be are second/first corner if we throw him out to the wolves like we did with Darby I love his size and learning a year from Gilmore I think we should give him the opportunity to start we need a safety with talent to help on the back end but I believe kevon can do it if he is given the oppurtunity I think the pressure are d line will be getting back in the 4-3 is going to make it easier to start a young corner like Kevon to spend are money elseehere if we keep tyrod. If we let go of tyrod I think we should spend money on a corner but if he is kept give him the shot he earned last year with his small sample size.

I think that is why they are comfortable with letting Gilmore walk...they know there might be some drop off but not that much

They way McDermott came off in one interview I saw, no link sorry, was that he seemed confident in Darby and Seymour as our starting corners. McDermott also got a lot out of young, inexperienced corners (think letting Norman walk) last year. Look for a signing like Jerraud Powers, a veteran from Baltimore who played a lot there, and who is familiar with Coach Frazier from their time together there.

Strictly from an X's and O's standpoint and a technical standpoint he isn't ready to play the 1 or 2 CB spot yet

Especially for a coach that goes cover 3 plenty

He struggles with finding the ball in the air and isn't exactly tall and long

He also struggles with his press

I like the kids promise but wouldn't feel comfortable with him as a starter

Edited by Buffalo716

I would feel more comfortable on the boundary with him then what we have had in the past (leodis) besides towards the end his vision is much better the duke Williams was tackling to avoid the catch and we gave him an oppurtunity to start which he blew royally I'm not saying he should be the starter Day 1 maybe sign a vet to compete and let him prove he should be the starter obviously now he can be the slot with nrc gone but I see him more as the boundary guy anyways

Buffalo716 is right. He is not "ready" to take over as a starter on the outside, for the reasons mentioned.

That being said, he's probably seen as Gilmore's replacement on the outside by the coaching staff, and if that's the case, get the growing pains out of the way this year, and speed up his development. It's year one of a new coaching regime. By year two, he'll be better prepared as a starter, and Darby will be in a contract year.

Of course, the Bills could go CB in the first, and there are a few corners that could come in and start right away, allowing the Seymour to play the slot.

They were high on him last year and Roberson looked alright in his time at the end of the season. I have to imagine we draft one and let those two guys battle for 3rd with possibly another late draftee.

Buffalo716 is right. He is not "ready" to take over as a starter on the outside, for the reasons mentioned.

That being said, he's probably seen as Gilmore's replacement on the outside by the coaching staff, and if that's the case, get the growing pains out of the way this year, and speed up his development. It's year one of a new coaching regime. By year two, he'll be better prepared as a starter, and Darby will be in a contract year.

Of course, the Bills could go CB in the first, and there are a few corners that could come in and start right away, allowing the Seymour to play the slot.

I fully expect WR or DB with that first pick. If it's not a DB, I would say you outlined a fairly likely scenario.

I think McCoach's vision is a long term plan, and that will impact alot of his decisions. If he has faith in Seymour, he probably feels good about DB right now before FA and draft. If he is not so confident in KS, he will probably urge Doug to get him that early DB.

I will also add, in a deep class like this, we could grab WR at 10 and take the best DB that slides into the second round. This 2nd round guy could step in and start if he win a competition with KS. It would not be a good idea to "pull a Sammy" and move up to get the top prospect in a deep class, it just doesn't do it from the value standpoint.

Not sure, but IMO he's the nickel back now

But wow with White and Gilmore to FA, Williams injured, and RC released, we are uber razor thin in the secondary

Obviously we are drafting some rookies

However beyond that we will need to sign some other released players or FA's

Man I hope Mgmt doesn't negate Gilmore leaving and foolishly replace all our FA's with other FA's

jc

I think Seymour is a a guy versatile to play either the boundary or the slot. I liked him as a slot guy the second we took him.

Although still a bit raw , his flexibility is a plus. Moving inside to outside and vice versa And he hits when he tackles. Darby does a bit of that too. Me like that

They were high on him last year and Roberson looked alright in his time at the end of the season. I have to imagine we draft one and let those two guys battle for 3rd with possibly another late draftee.

Corey White ?

they should re-sign corey white too. he did good at CB last season.

HEY

I fully expect WR or DB with that first pick. If it's not a DB, I would say you outlined a fairly likely scenario.

I think McCoach's vision is a long term plan, and that will impact alot of his decisions. If he has faith in Seymour, he probably feels good about DB right now before FA and draft. If he is not so confident in KS, he will probably urge Doug to get him that early DB.

I will also add, in a deep class like this, we could grab WR at 10 and take the best DB that slides into the second round. This 2nd round guy could step in and start if he win a competition with KS. It would not be a good idea to "pull a Sammy" and move up to get the top prospect in a deep class, it just doesn't do it from the value standpoint.

you are moving up the list of posters i don't hate rather quickly Archie.

good post

Not sure, but IMO he's the nickel back now

But wow with White and Gilmore to FA, Williams injured, and RC released, we are uber razor thin in the secondary

Obviously we are drafting some rookies

However beyond that we will need to sign some other released players or FA's

Man I hope Mgmt doesn't negate Gilmore leaving and foolishly replace all our FA's with other FA's

jc

can't be making these moves without a plan. Be just crazy.

Very surprised about the NRC news. and then not perhaps.

better have a solid plan S McD