Robey-Coleman, Dan Carpenter, Garrison Sanborn cut

oh wait he's not available apparently the Seahawks signed him 3 weeks ago. I knew he was cut mid season but failed to see he signed with someone. https://www.google.com/amp/thevikingage.com/2017/02/09/former-vikings-kicker-blair-walsh-signs-seahawks-course/amp/

Walsh isn't available, but Haushka is a FA and likely won't be re-signed by Seattle since they got Walsh.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think NRC getting cut has much to do with what they'll do with the outside guys. However I'm a little surprised because to me NRC is a liability in man coverage due to his height but in a zone I thought he'd excel with his ability to cover a lot of ground.

Oh well. I trust the coach knows what kind of players he's looking for to play his defense.

I was thinking about Seymour becoming the slot guy if they fill Gilmore's position on the outside. If not then I think Seymour stays outside and they need to fill the slot with a FA or a draft pick.

I was thinking about Seymour becoming the slot guy if they fill Gilmore's position on the outside. If not then I think Seymour stays outside and they need to fill the slot with a FA or a draft pick.

Captain Munnerlyn seems to be ideal slot CB as he has a history with McDermott and likely not break the bank.

Captain Munnerlyn seems to be ideal slot CB as he has a history with McDermott and likely not break the bank.

I agree - seems a great fit and has the experience. Will see what the cost is, but I hope it works out.

Sandbourne had this coming for a few years. In fact, he probably was the reason for the decline in special teams.

He had a free ride to stardom, and now is finding out what happens when you put it on cruise control.

I advocated pretty hard for Jimmy 'Snap Back' Landis last year, and everyone said Cinnaborn still had life left in him. Time to eat some crow, unless you feel like this isnt someone you want on the final 53:

https://youtu.be/VusALLJlvaE

The writing was on the wall with Sanborn when he started making disparaging remarks about Buffalo's nightlife. Mowing down that lady with his car was just the icing on the cake. He clearly didn't want to be here, and went to great lengths to show it.

I never thought we'd see the day that Garrison Sanborn was no longer with us.

Rumor going around he's going to move into Chuck Lester's basement

I knew Nickell's days were numbered when he changed his last name to a hyphenated atrocity.

One of the best game day quotes ever was early in the season someone commented something to the effect that the weight of NRC's new nameplate must have been slowing him down :lol:

NRC is a playmaker, especially as a blitzer. And now they'll need two new starting CBs. Messed up.

NRC was exploitable when tasked with coverage. Nearly everytime he didnt blitz the opposing team put their largest body wr/te were his duties were and ate himalive. He neede to be replaced.

Joining this thread late -- but while I'm not shocked to see NRC go, I'll miss him. Loved the way he played.

Robey highlights include:

One of the few Bills who called out Jarvis Landry last year: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/12/22/14052614/nickell-robey-coleman-seeking-revenge-on-jarvis-landry-aaron-williams-buffalo-bills-miami-dolphins

Robey claims to smack big TE's first so they know what's up:

"Bully me, just maul me, just rough me up,” Robey said. “There’s a lot of guys who’ll do that to you just to see where you’re at. So they think I’m going to back up and I just run dead into their ... Like, yeah, it’s that type of day. It’s that type of day. I’m smacking it to them before they smack it to me — just to let them know this little cat right here ain’t taking that today.”

Rob Gronkowski tried to bully Robey once and the corner tagged him first. Same thing with 255-pound Anthony Fasano and 260-pound Jeff Cumberland. They usually don’t say anything to Robey after the play, instead shooting him a quizzical glare.

http://buffalonews.com/2015/11/05/robey-may-be-small-but-he-plays-big/

Probably goes down as one of my favorite Bills. Huge heart.