Bills reportedly interested in Kamar Aiken; signing w/Colts

Kamar's (as is Brian Quick) on my short list of possible affordable options that could replace Robert Woods. As Aiken showed when he got playing time that he can produce in 2015 yet in 2016 he got pushed down the depth chart and as a result his numbers took a hit. Yet think he has the size and skillset to be a complement to Watkins in a WCO type offense.

. Yep, might be a nice value...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what you mean here. But if you mean we just go dumpster diving every year and get lucky like we did last year signing players to one year contracts, you are highly delusional. We absolutely got lucky last year. I could name dozens of FA players we brought in on the cheap and even not so cheap that never worked out for us (ever heard of a player called Percy Harvin or Derrick Dockery)

. The odds of getting that lucky two years in the row on FA dumpster diving is very low. You still take a chance, but that is no realistic strategy to build a winning team.

"dumpster diving" and a cheap one year deal isn't quite what this would be. Spotrac calculated his market value at 7.5/year. He has 6 teams interested already. He's a decent #2 and played at WR1 in 2015 when Steve Smith got hurt. Edited by YoloinOhio

Looks like Torrey Smith is getting released. I might prefer him to Aiken. Maybe it's just me but I'm not really impressed with Aiken.

Aiken is a very underrated player. Torrey Smith is an extremely overrated player. Id take Aiken all day. Same skill level but Aiken will be paid less due to how overrated Smith is

Guest Diesel-USMC

It's March. I'm sitting here foaming at the mouth for the offseason to really get rolling. Every March it's the same thing for me; I'm getting anxious for Bills football. I DONT WANT to set myself up for failure again (like I do every year), but it's freaking hard not to. That said, I've got zero problem with anyone they want to entertain because, outside of individual positions, this team has had and continues to have a depth problem across the board. We can't cover it all in the draft so, if they have to resort to bringing in some younger guys who may not be some beacon of light, I've got no issue with it.