Could a humbled Greg Hardy be the next Richie Incognito?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say no. So many big differences between the two situations. Hardy is locker room and sideline cancer with a piss-poor attitude. No proper focus, studying, or effort.

Richie was "made an example" out of as the world shifts to thin skin and participation trophies. It is what it is.

you were doing well until you went into the typical bs that the crazies need to spout about. Maybe he was made an example, but nobody denies that he was basically a total a-hole most of his life until recently.

I would say no. So many big differences between the two situations. Hardy is locker room and sideline cancer with a piss-poor attitude. No proper focus, studying, or effort.

Richie was "made an example" out of as the world shifts to thin skin and participation trophies. It is what it is.

Let's not forget that Richie, in a totally stable reaction to something, smashed his own car with a baseball bat. He also sexually assaulted a woman and paid her off to avoid charges.

you were doing well until you went into the typical bs that the crazies need to spout about. Maybe he was made an example, but nobody denies that he was basically a total a-hole most of his life until recently.

Yup. RI was a POS long before Martin. He was on his 4th or 5th chance at that point.

That's true; I forgot about the other stuff. Still, I don't think it was on the same level of Hardy. Then again, I considered Ron Mexico to be a psycopath, but he was able to behave himself when he came back to the league.

Agree. And I would have take off being a Bills fan if they signed Mexico. It does seem like he has grown but I couldn't root for him.

But if you protest quietly, that's my final straw as a Bills fan!

Outside of just connecting obvious dots would a much more humbled disciplined Greg Hardy be a good addition. Below is a link to a lengthy 33+ minute interview with him. There is much to like about what he has to say and for the most part I tend to believe him. I must admit that I love these kind of stories of personal redemption and I hope that things work out for him because I do believe that he has made a lot of progress and change in his life. If you want to hear what just pertains to him and the his potential NFL comeback then go to the 21:15 mark. One last thing, I was disappointed in his response when he was asked point blank if he ever put his hands on a woman. I don't believe that he was being truthful and I do understand how difficult that would be to admit publicly. Of course that doesn't excuse it but I can understand not admitting to it. There is a lot of good things in this great interview, I encourage you to listen to it.

On a business note, if McDermott & Co thought that it would be a good Idea to sign him I would be all for it. A 2 year prove it contract with an escape clause after 1 year would be a smart contract. I'm sick and tired of seeing these 1 year contracts being signed to where a player exceeds it and we receive no compensation when they walk.

Oops, forgot to add the link!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/28/14766724/the-mma-hour-370-greg-hardy

where do you get Hardy would be humbled by anything?

You can try to compare this on a scale of atrocity to Richie or any other comeback story, but the realistic part of this is Carolina didn't want much to do with Hardy at the end of the 2014 season even when there were still questions about his status and before the video of his victim. Coach McDermott was likely part of the decision on this and likely knows more details than what has been published. I just don't think its a realistic redemption scenario.

I also believe Kim Pegula would probably nix this before it was even a consideration. Richie had some minor incidents with women. During his day in Boca in early 2015 before he was signed...I wonder what the conversation was.....

Edited by JoeF

Haha. People would quit being Bills fans for Kaepernick but could talk themselves into Hardy? The definition of hypocrisy.

I would easily welcome CK here if the price was right and he knows there is no guarantee he will start. But guys like Hardy or Joe Mixon would make me less of a Bills fan. But I guess I'm a bad American then.

Who didn't like Kaep but wants Hardy? People... I see the OP but he does not represent the "People"

Agree. And I would have take off being a Bills fan if they signed Mexico. It does seem like he has grown but I couldn't root for him.

But if you protest quietly, that's my final straw as a Bills fan!

My father, a lifelong Iggles fan, actually stopped following them when they signed Vick. "I know somebody has to give him a second chance, but why does it have to be us?!?"

Ron Mexico did some flat out sick **** (drowning and electrocuting dogs) compared to Hardy. While it isn't an excuse, domestic violence is unfortunately engrained in our culture. Torturing animals is not. While domestic violence is a problem with men being unable to control their anger, I don't think torturing animals is. I think there's a deranged entertainment part to it.

So you are saying that what Vick did is worse than Hardy?

Edited by Agent 91

Haha. People would quit being Bills fans for Kaepernick but could talk themselves into Hardy? The definition of hypocrisy.

I would easily welcome CK here if the price was right and he knows there is no guarantee he will start. But guys like Hardy or Joe Mixon would make me less of a Bills fan. But I guess I'm a bad American then.

Doesn't make you a bad American. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My issue with Kaepernick is that I believe his "protest" was not real and only intended to draw attention to himself. He is a phony and that I don't like or respect. Different opinion than yours I know, but that's what a healthy debate is all about. As for the other two, I don't really know enough about them to have an opinion, but clearly domestic abuse is not to be taken lightly. It is abhorrent.

Typical bs? I mean it's pretty obvious the world is changing in that way. You know as well as I do that 20 years ago, the "Martin incident" would be a non issue, expected hazing etc... If that makes me one of the "crazies" by your definition, I am fine with that.

I am not arguing Richie is man of the year by any stretch, but he is not on the same level as Hardy. Ritchie can keep his head down, work hard, and succeed. Hardy cannot.

Let's not forget that Richie, in a totally stable reaction to something, smashed his own car with a baseball bat. He also sexually assaulted a woman and paid her off to avoid charges.

come on, that woman was asking to be molested with a golf club.

as for hardy, has anyone mentioned how kyle can mentor him into being a productive member of society yet?