Does Watson's impressive combine do anything for you?

He makes those passes at the next level and they're getting picked off, not completed

I disagree with any of the QBs in this draft being INSTANTLY better than TT. They could develop into better passers than he is, but half of those kids got plays fed to them from the sidelines and can't read a defense, they will need time to learn.

It's just as easy to say if he makes those throws we might see the fruits of WAtkins and Clay being able to make a play on the ball.

Watson's two games in back-to-back years against an NFL caliber defense on 'Bama prove enough to me. They consistently pump out first and second round talent... yet watson did some work against them and those things are ignored because the media isn't touting him enough for fans.

Not for nothing, all to often I read this and that won't translate to the NFL. Yet, year after year we see anomalies and parody. That's what makes the NFL so great, if there was a formula then every team would have a franchise QB.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be delighted to take Watson, AND not have to start him. As I would with any of these prospects.

My ideal scenario would be to keep TT on the payroll for two years with Cardale and a draft pick . If we traded down in the first and then added a nice added pick. I say go for it with the first pick.

IF Sean and Co see a guy they love.

draft one regardless.

I know nothing about football, but i can read a ton. Watson is the guy is Bills are set on a QB early in the draft.

But geez Bills better find some players to throw to asap, regardless of who is chucking the pig

Like him personally, he seems like a high character guy but I don't want a QB in the 1st and i doubt he'd be there in the 2nd.

I wonder who the bills are looking as the #1 QB of this class. If he's there in the 2nd maybe then go for it, whoever that is.

IMO Watson showed very well at Combine. Actaully the Big three Watson, Trubinsky, Mahomes all did what they needed to do.

I also thought Kizer had a nice Combine, his game tape still worries me. And Kaaya helped himself alot at the Combine as well.

You're missing an under the radar guy in Nathan Peterman. I hope we get him in Round 3.

Several pundits, including Mayock still contend this draft is devoid of QBs who could start day one. Watson has been the best of a sad bunch but he's not starter material yet.

Chances are you're probably right in that a QB from this draft won't be great right away. I guess you never really know for sure until they actually step on an NFL field. I'm willing to live with growing pains if it means a decade of success.

Research an opinionated article. If I did that I would post drivel that reach proportions only reached by you.

If you cant take emotion out and see that Harvin, Hunter, Powell, and Tate were on the street for a reason then I am sorry. Like I said can Tyrod improve yes. Is it all on him or even a majority of the losses on him? Not even close. Done trying to provide a rational thought to you, at this point you are trolling for no particular reason.

He had sufficient pass blocking and held the ball too long

Keep saying nonsense like drivel and troll. There was a thread on here that broke down the numbers in detail

You don't know what you're talking about, you're just a Tyrod fan with excuses. When Brandon Tate is wide open in the EZ you throw the ball. Unless your name is Tyrod Taylor then you just hold it longer.

Watson or Trubisky will save us soon. Very soon. Make your read get rid of the ball

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Exactly. This dude can complete passes he shouldn't make he's so special.

Also, there are at least 5 QBs in this draft that I think would be instantly better than Tyrod.

against horrific big12 talent. Not a real bench mark for me. And the kid doesn't play under center.....at all. That doesn't worry you?

Watson looked good. Couldn't do anything more. Plus he is a winner. If he gets to 10 hard to pass up.

You draft him at ten the push from everyone will be to start him. and the voices will be very loud and possibly obnoxious.

This is a delicate matter. You trade down add a pick or two, and a QB is still there? maybe some breathing room for Whales and Co.

You draft anyone at Ten and you best be prepared to start him because the fan base will be screaming for him a soon as soon as a TC pass is intercepted from Cardale or TT... or Foles :sick:

I agree...can you imagine passing on him and he turns into a franchise QB?

I myself imagine that every season.

Every season since i can recall anyways.

tough place for the Bills to be. If they do not feel Cardale will come around, they have to think drafting early. Regardless of what they do with TT.

Keep looking to find the FC QB.

One of the issues we have discussed here over time, is that Bills have never shown the ability to develop a QB. David Lee might have been the first notable QBs Coach. And he did a hell of job....

I think some of us imagine every QB we pass on will get on the HoF ballot at this point.

doomed

Listen, not all these draft pundits are right all the time.

Mayock- Sanchez over Stafford. Stating Sanchez was the safest pick

Also said Freeman was the safest pick in his draft despite only 16 starts.

Was a HUGE Gabbert supporter. Like big time. Was willing to "put his back on the line for Gabbert."

Absolutely hated Cam Newton.

How about when both mike and Kiper had an absolute love affair with Jimmy Clausen?

These guys are better than the average fan, but people need to stop acting like they are the end all be all.

You're missing an under the radar guy in Nathan Peterman. I hope we get him in Round 3.

Peterman is def a very interesting prospect. Especially being the more pro stype versed QB in the class.

I would have liked a higher completion percentage, but by his attempts, doesn't look like Pitt relied on the pass all that much.

Would be a good mid round pick who to me tops out as a great back up and possible spot starter.