Adolphus Washington

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His new d line coach, the marine whale,will get the most out of him, and Marcel, there will be no more loafing

I tend to agree with this. For some reason, I think MD may respond well to that kind of tough love approach.

You guys really think Marcel is some big lazy oaf but fact of the matter is on the field, he has consistently been one of our hardest working players. He just needs to stop getting busted for weed.

We really don't appreciate his ability to control the LOS. We also forget he played for Saban. Wauffle will be a return to normalcy for him.

i kinda think that dareus needs the right kind of motivation. i don't exactly know what that is, but i think that it is a lot like when you don't really believe in or respect your boss, and some of your coworkers are a bit sketchy, then you don't really put 100% into it. i know people really want to get mad over the weed and the not going all out while making stupid money. but if coaches and teammates can connect with this guy, and washington, then i really think that this defense is going to do some wonderful things!

Very true, was happy when he was drafted. He will definitely help this D-Line out. Solid depth

i like washington's skillset and you could definitely see the talent flash last year at times.

His new d line coach, the marine whale,will get the most out of him, and Marcel, there will be no more loafing

What loafing? Where does this narrative come from? On the field Dareus is a beast and usually has been since he showed up in Buff. His issues are off the field. Hopefully, he can pull himself together and accept the good intentions of others in the organization trying to help him do that because he has been through a lot of pain.

But on the field? No issues I can see. Remember, Rex's scheme called for Dareus to occupy blockers mostly, not attack as we were used to seeing him in Schwart's wide 9, 4-3 scheme. His job in Rex's D wasn't designed to get a lot of stats.

Edited by purple haze

What loafing? Where does this narrative come from? On the field Dareus is a beast and usually has been since he showed up in Buff. His issues are off the field. Hopefully, he can pull himself together and accept the good intentions of others in the organization trying to help him do that because he has been through a lot of pain.

But on the field? No issues I can see. Remember, Rex's scheme called for Dareus to occupy blockers mostly, not attack as we were used to seeing him in Schwart's wide 9, 4-3 scheme. His job in Rex's D wasn't designed to get a lot of stats.

I meant Washington, it was the reason he got benched the last game

Is absolutely built to be a perfect 3 tech in McDermotts attacking 43

He is an absolute athletic stud who is 300+ LBs but moves like a Defensive end

Maybe thats because he was a highly touted DE prospect coming out of HS at 245 LBs

He has every pass rush move you could ask for

Speed rush

Bull rush

Spin move

Rip move

Swim move

He is primed for a break out year in an attacking style Defense

I see very good things in Adolphus Washington's future

Nice work. His play leveled off towards the end of the season and he wasn't having good practices. I remember Lynn benched him for that. Hes got so much potential i really hope he works on his attitude n work ethic in the OS

Nice work. His play leveled off towards the end of the season and he wasn't having good practices. I remember Lynn benched him for that. Hes got so much potential i really hope he works on his attitude n work ethic in the OS

Yup

It's gonna be all mental with him

Physically he is very explosive and stout

Yeah, I hope to see Washington get more play time next season, I think he's going to really thrive in this new D. Lets not forget this is likely Kyle William's last season; it's the last of his contract anyway. Maybe the bills tack on another year if he's still has it in him.

I'm gonna chalk that up to hitting the rookie wall. Lets hope it doesn't continue.

I think he may turn out to be a decent pass rusher, and he ddid excel on some run plays last year, but overall not sure he is that talented vs the run, which is still the biggest problem in our front 7

I expect he will get snaps subbing for Hughes and Shaq and maybe be in a 3 way rotation of sorts - It is also time for Shaq to step it up as a 4-3 DE, after all he was a first round pick and as fans we have huge expectations

A line of Kyle, Dareus, Hughes, Shaq, with Adolphus first off the bench, injuries aside, could be a strength of the team, if its supported by decent LB play

jc

I'ts funny, watching last years draft when they picked Lawson in the 1st round I thought he'd be a better 43 DE than a 34 OLB. When they picked Ragland in the 2nd I thought he'd make a better 43 MLB. When they drafted Washington in the 3rd I thought he would make a better 43 DT rather than a 34 DE.

A year later and it looks like that's where all three end up.

I think Washington will see plenty of snaps backing up Kyle and some backing up Dareus this season and then win a starting job next season.

When the Bills picked him Urban Meyer rolled his eyes while on the NFL network broadcast. That can't be good.

Meyer just thought he needed work vs. the run--- which is true. His strength is getting an inside push. I expect better things this year with McDermott's 4-3 (and better coaching).

I would rather see Washington at DE in the base 4-3 along with Lawson, KW, and MD. Let Hughes play OLB in the base 4-3 and DE in the nickel. Washington and KW can rotate at DT in the nickel four down lineman group.

I think with his unique skill set he can play de in some bigger packages

That will create all sorts of mismatches up-front