Nathan Peterman

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New reports might indicate he's not calling the shots anymore.

He also liked Prescott...

If he's not calling the shots then we need to fire him asap.

With the draft approaching I don't want a lame duck GM anywhere near the front office.

If he's not calling the shots then we need to fire him asap.

With the draft approaching I don't want a lame duck GM anywhere near the front office.

You can't just assume he's going to be let go.

Whaley has stated more than once that his desire is to get back on the road a scout...that's his passion. Him transitioning into a role like that with the Bills isn't out of the question.

You can't just assume he's going to be let go.

Whaley has stated more than once that his desire is to get back on the road a scout...that's his passion. Him transitioning into a role like that with the Bills isn't out of the question.

I don't buy that for a second. You don't reach the top and decide that you want to be demoted.

If he wants to go scout, go do it elsewhere.

I feel like Whaley gets such a bum rap. I feel he's done pretty well given the constant turnover with coaching staffs he's dealt with. He may have final say on personnel decisions but that say comes after collecting as much data and intel as possible from his scouts and coaches. When Marrone was here, Whaley did his best to draft players that fit within Marrone's vision. Marrone liked massive OL, Whaley drafted two giants in 2014. Rex Ryan comes in next, wanted a solid corner for his scheme, they find Darby in the second. They go defense in rounds 1-3 in 2016 and end up with three guys who have quite a lot of potential (I know, I know the Parcells quote on potential, I've seen it approximately 67.2 million times after being a BBMB member for years). Of course there's the trade for McCoy, they added Clay, he re-signed Glenn and Hughes, he brought in Tyrod, he found gems in guys like Alexander (re-signed), Z. Brown. Lately everyone wants to be down on him for the WR group being "weak" (all teams deal with injuries, also, run-based offense changes the priorities on receivers, plus finding Hunter on the street proved to be a decent move as the dude caiught four touchdowns) but those same people are likely the ones still clamoring over the trade for Watkins. He's really in a no-win situation no matter what he does. He hasn't hit homeruns on everything he's done, that's not what I'm saying, I just feel like his positive transactions outweigh the negative at this point. He's done everything he can to accommodate whichever head coach he's working with. I don't buy into the news bite from LaCanfora that much, he's consistently wrong when it comes to the Bills. I think McDermott has a much clearer vision for this team than either Rex or Marrone and hopefully they continue to work well together.

I don't buy that for a second. You don't reach the top and decide that you want to be demoted.

If he wants to go scout, go do it elsewhere.

Didn't say he would be demoted. He could hold the same title but assume different responsibilities.

Who do you think is calling the shots in Jacksonville....Caldwell the GM or Coughlin?

I don't know exactly what's happening in Buffalo but it seems changes are coming. Wouldn't be surprised adding another layer in the front office like Jax did.

Didn't say he would be demoted. He could hold the same title but assume different responsibilities.

Who do you think is calling the shots in Jacksonville....Caldwell the GM or Coughlin?

I don't know exactly what's happening in Buffalo but it seems changes are coming. Wouldn't be surprised adding another layer in the front office like Jax did.

jrober would sell his soul to Satan himself for the chance to have Caldwell as the Bills' GM

And there's Gilleslee, Miller, and some others. Nobody is perfect, unless perhaps Belichik qualifies. But people complain if you don't win. Of course, Whaley was also

I feel like Whaley gets such a bum rap. I feel he's done pretty well given the constant turnover with coaching staffs he's dealt with. He may have final say on personnel decisions but that say comes after collecting as much data and intel as possible from his scouts and coaches. When Marrone was here, Whaley did his best to draft players that fit within Marrone's vision. Marrone liked massive OL, Whaley drafted two giants in 2014. Rex Ryan comes in next, wanted a solid corner for his scheme, they find Darby in the second. They go defense in rounds 1-3 in 2016 and end up with three guys who have quite a lot of potential (I know, I know the Parcells quote on potential, I've seen it approximately 67.2 million times after being a BBMB member for years). Of course there's the trade for McCoy, they added Clay, he re-signed Glenn and Hughes, he brought in Tyrod, he found gems in guys like Alexander (re-signed), Z. Brown. Lately everyone wants to be down on him for the WR group being "weak" (all teams deal with injuries, also, run-based offense changes the priorities on receivers, plus finding Hunter on the street proved to be a decent move as the dude caiught four touchdowns) but those same people are likely the ones still clamoring over the trade for Watkins. He's really in a no-win situation no matter what he does. He hasn't hit homeruns on everything he's done, that's not what I'm saying, I just feel like his positive transactions outweigh the negative at this point. He's done everything he can to accommodate whichever head coach he's working with. I don't buy into the news bite from LaCanfora that much, he's consistently wrong when it comes to the Bills. I think McDermott has a much clearer vision for this team than either Rex or Marrone and hopefully they continue to work well together.

And there's Gilleslee, Miller and some others. Those who demand perfection should become Patriots fans because it, otherwise, doesn't exist. Be frustrated but not over the top.

saddled for two years with loser Ryan, which wasn't his fault.