Free Agents 2017 edition

CommonCents

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never a Te'o guy, so that's a no for me.

For LB's, I'm more interested in some of the sub-package coverage guys that will be available on day 3 of the draft. Guys like Duke Riley, Jayon Brown, and Kevin Davis

teo has a lot of positives and talent but he is not there yet. He could be like Hughes.

I am not sure about sub package guys-seeing that MCD didn't do a lot of speciality packages in Carolina. He may change that with us.

teo has a lot of positives and talent but he is not there yet. He could be like Hughes.

I am not sure about sub package guys-seeing that MCD didn't do a lot of speciality packages in Carolina. He may change that with us.

I think he'll change it by necessity--he doesn't have Kuechly or Davis here; closest he's got is Zach if he re-signs. If Ragland doesn't acquit himself in coverage, he's going to need that sub-package LB that can play the short zone and pattern-match against RBs and TEs

Either there is going to be a domino effect or the league has gone on self-imposed silence. The rumours are as limited as I remember and any that are out there seem to be solely based on conjecture and throwing crap at a wall. My f5 button is getting a rest like it rarely sees on the opening days of free agency.

I think he'll change it by necessity--he doesn't have Kuechly or Davis here; closest he's got is Zach if he re-signs. If Ragland doesn't acquit himself in coverage, he's going to need that sub-package LB that can play the short zone and pattern-match against RBs and TEs

Here's the thing with having Frazier as DC. You have to assess both systems that they worked with. They both haven't operated the very same way. Sub-packages have been seen in Leslie's last two stops in coaching and have featured in each. I have to expect McD to mesh his and Fraziers philosophies to allow Frazier to create a successful defence that he can run effectively. Just my two cents....

Paper champs...

I don't really like the Marshall signing for them. Too much potential drama with him and OBJ. Holy Diva's...

Maybe when Marshall was younger, but he seems to get it now. He had his issues and he's gone public with his fight, but if anything I think he can be a positive influence on ODB now.

all of this just makes me question the hire in a way that doesn't make me question his ability. We were left in shambles by Rex on defense. We couldn't get the players he needed to run his d. We could get 2nd tier options for this and we are left with outstanding depth but we must start them.

We have 5 true starters on defense. K Williams, Dareus and lawson I am hoping that Lawson can play all 4 downs and don't see why he wouldn't. We have Hughes who is a on the verge starter but be best relegated to sutatuons. And we have Darby who had a slump. The rest of the positions we are starting backup quality players unless we keep z brown.

all of this just makes me question the hire in a way that doesn't make me question his ability. We were left in shambles by Rex on defense. We couldn't get the players he needed to run his d. We could get 2nd tier options for this and we are left with outstanding depth but we must start them.

We have 5 true starters on defense. K Williams, Dareus and lawson I am hoping that Lawson can play all 4 downs and don't see why he wouldn't. We have Hughes who is a on the verge starter but be best relegated to sutatuons. And we have Darby who had a slump. The rest of the positions we are starting backup quality players unless we keep z brown.

hughes isnt a starter?

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Even with interest he has generated, it now sounds like Buffalo is the favorite to land Baltimore'a Pro Bowl FB Kyle Juszczyk, per sources.

I hate how everything to come out of the national media about us is basically "Even though he could go to a better team, Juszcyk is shockingly leaning towards the Bills".

hughes isnt a starter?

correct. I wouldn't count on him as a full time starter. I would prefer him as a package player. That is based off of the last two years of performance and handicapping him with the trainrex defense.

I hated Rex from day 1

He's too slow to play Will. He has good football instincts though

as depth he has an opportunity to contribute. He isn't fast at all. But he has good football instincts. Ball tracking and a beautiful girlfriend

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Even with interest he has generated, it now sounds like Buffalo is the favorite to land Baltimore'a Pro Bowl FB Kyle Juszczyk, per sources.

This makes a lot of sense. The hybrid FB/TE spot is something Felton doesn't factor into. Juszczyk stacks up well as a lead blocker, rusher and can catch passes from scrimmage and out of the backfield. He would be a nice addition to the O

correct. I wouldn't count on him as a full time starter. I would prefer him as a package player. That is based off of the last two years of performance and handicapping him with the trainrex defense.

I hated Rex from day 1

as depth he has an opportunity to contribute. He isn't fast at all. But he has good football instincts. Ball tracking and a beautiful girlfriend

Well if you feel Rex handicapped him....why are you holding it against him?

I think back to an attacking style defense, he's going to be like he was in '13 and '14.

He was a top 15 pass rusher those years. He still has his speed.

Well if you feel Rex handicapped him....why are you holding it against him?

I think back to an attacking style defense, he's going to be like he was in '13 and '14.

He was a top 15 pass rusher those years. He still has his speed.

I think he has fallen off in talent

I think he has fallen off in talent

One does not simply "fall off in talent "at Hughes age. He may have lost a step or lack focus or effort, but his talent is still there. I expect a resurgence under McD and Frazier. An attacking defence plays much more to his strengths. Less over-thinking, just knowing the role and acting on it Edited by MiltonWaddams