My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jmc please update. Should we still print this out and put on our refrigerator or have things changed ?

I suspect jmc has killed off his jmc persona and is now posting another name.

Eventually, he'll make another long-shot prediction. If he's right, he'll be revered as a credible source with inside info. If he's wrong - again - he'll just try again under another new name.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I suspect jmc has killed off his jmc persona and is now posting another name.

Eventually, he'll make another long-shot prediction. If he's right, he'll be revered as a credible source with inside info. If he's wrong - again - he'll just try again under another new name.

I remember when a poster here said that Fred would be cut in the offseason. He got burned when the Pegulas squashed it.

3 months later? Vilified.

For all we know, jmc's source was somebody with an ear in the discussion about rebuilding versus reloading. If we were planning on cutting some of the old guard loose, McCoy would've been one of the first to go.

You can believe there was never a discussion about possibly rebuilding if you'd like. I'm inclined to believe otherwise.

Edited by FireChan

I remember when a poster here said that Fred would be cut in the offseason. He got burned when the Pegulas squashed it.

3 months later? Vilified.

For all we know, jmc's source was somebody with an ear in the discussion about rebuilding versus reloading. If we were planning on cutting some of the old guard loose, McCoy would've been one of the first to go.

You can believe there was never a discussion about possibly rebuilding if you'd like. I'm inclined to believe otherwise.

The Bills had 1.5 legit offensive weapons last season: 1 McCoy and .5 Sammy. Even in rebuild mode, you don't get rid of one of the only weapons you have while it's still useful.

That's why I never took the McCoy being moved speculation seriously.

The Bills had 1.5 legit offensive weapons last season: 1 McCoy and .5 Sammy. Even in rebuild mode, you don't get rid of one of the only weapons you have while it's still useful.

That's why I never took the McCoy being moved speculation seriously.

Teams get rid of high priced, close to 30, still productive players all the time. It's even happened to Shady! Edited by FireChan

Using GM chip Kelly as an example is proof that you shouldn't get rid of weapons before 30.

This has nothing to do with should or shouldn't. It has to do with the possibility.

Here are a number of players gotten rid of while productive:

Shady

Jamie Collins

Chandler Jones

Brandon Marshall

Percy Harvin

Jimmy Graham

Matt Forte

Cooks

Boldin

Torrey Smith

That's all in the last 3 years. I'm sorry, but if you think Lesean McCoy was untouchable this offseason depending on our direction, I think you're crazy.

Edited by FireChan

The problem with this theory is that cutting McCoy would result in an $8 million dead cap hit. Cutting Shady this year would only free up $1 million in cap savings, while leaving us on the hook for $16+ million in dead cap over 3 years. Cutting him next year with a Post June 1st designation would allow us to spread the dead $8 million over the last two years of his contract. Doing that would give us $5+ million in cap room next year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy-5916/

The problem with this theory is that cutting McCoy would result in an $8 million dead cap hit. Cutting Shady this year would only free up $1 million in cap savings, while leaving us on the hook for $16+ million in dead cap over 3 years. Cutting him next year with a Post June 1st designation would allow us to spread the dead $8 million over the last two years of his contract. Doing that would give us $5+ million in cap room next year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy-5916/

A trade was possible.

A trade was possible.

"Anything" is possible. That doesn't make it worthy of serious discussion, particularly when presented as "inside info." Why couldn't the OP simply start a thread to discuss the pros and cons of moving Shady without the "you heard it here first" nonsense?

"Anything" is possible. That doesn't make it worthy of serious discussion, particularly when presented as "inside info." Why couldn't the OP simply start a thread to discuss the pros and cons of moving Shady without the "you heard it here first" nonsense?

Because he probably did hear it?

That seems like a silly question. I'd prefer to hear as much info from the inside as possible, wouldn't you?

Because he probably did hear it?

That seems like a silly question. I'd prefer to hear as much info from the inside as possible, wouldn't you?

We already know where I stand on that -- I think most of the inside info crowd are attention whores, and I don't believe much of what I read when it's couched in those terms (unless it's coming from someone with a proven reputation).

I think I'm right much more often than not. And no, I don't need to hear inside info to enjoy the forum.

We already know where I stand on that -- I think most of the inside info crowd are attention whores, and I don't believe much of what I read when it's couched in those terms (unless it's coming from someone with a proven reputation).

I think I'm right much more often than not. And no, I don't need to hear inside info to enjoy the forum.

That's a false choice.

Leroi, Freddy poster, the guy who posted about Cordy's kidney, Kirby, K-9, Hokie are all guys who have given credible info. Who are the ones who are just attention whores that you see?

That's a false choice.

Leroi, Freddy poster, the guy who posted about Cordy's kidney, Kirby, K-9, Hokie are all guys who have given credible info. Who are the ones who are just attention whores that you see?

The OP for one...