Reggie Ragland to DL?

I think one thing that will be to keep an eye on is Ragland's weight going into year 2

Thought he played heavy at times in college. It is gonna be important that he is playing at a good weight both because of the injury (at least he had the entire year to rehab it) and to allow him to cover more ground in the NFL

I don't think you would get a worthy draft pick for the production he is probably going to put out during his rookie contract TBH.

I dont either....if nothing else he would provide veteran young depth on a cheap contract

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was drafted in the 2nd round and if it wasn't the Bills would have been another team. That's why they traded up in the round. He is not the same as Sam or Nguyen or Tebow at all.

Same response to you...don't bundle Nguyen into that group. He was an effective pro, lasted 7 seasons before injuries derailed him and made All Pro.

That's a horrible idea. It is like to ask Ray Lewis play LB. In what universe does this make any sense?

Ray Lewis didn't seem to mind playing LB...

But the OP hits on a key topic. Ragland may not have the right skill set for this defense

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

But the OP hits on a key topic. Ragland may not have the right skill set for this defense

I still maintain that instinctive football players can play in ANY scheme......people put too much emphasis on athletes that put up great 40 times

This defense couldnt stop the run last year.....since that is a Ragland strength we can start there

LOL

A decent Coach will make it work. Ragland is much too good to ignore. BB has a point but lets not define the scheme just yet. Bills have some very experienced Coaches coming in. Make the roster work for you

LOL

A decent Coach will make it work. Ragland is much too good to ignore. BB has a point but lets not define the scheme just yet. Bills have some very experienced Coaches coming in. Make the roster work for you

We don't know how good or bad Ragland will be, but we really should find out. I have reservations about him in coverage, but I know I might be wrong - and I hope I am. Or maybe he flexes to the DL in some nickel/dime packages Let's see what we've got.

This was a Rex pick 100%. The rest of the NFL passed on him because he was a great college player who does not fit in the NFL. A different mold but the same idea as a Michael Sam or Dat Nguyen or Tim Tebow. Completely wasted Rex ego pick.

Wasted pick? Hasn't played a down yet. You have no clue

LOL

I also agree but just putting it out there that he MIGHT need a switch, sometimes coaching can only do so much.

Same response to you...don't bundle Nguyen into that group. He was an effective pro, lasted 7 seasons before injuries derailed him and made All Pro.

I didn't really mean to criticize Nguyen, Tebow or anyone else, but Nguyen was a gigantic star in college and not a gigantic star in the pros.

I still maintain that instinctive football players can play in ANY scheme......people put too much emphasis on athletes that put up great 40 times

This defense couldnt stop the run last year.....since that is a Ragland strength we can start there

Exactly....tackle the guy with the ball

Reggie is a MLB , run stuffer, Preston Brown is also and still on rookie contract.

Give Reggie enough time to recover from knee injury then decide if Preston needs to be traded before deadline or not.

Preston Brown is a run stuffer???? That is the funniest thing I've read here in a long while. He is the worst run defending MLB that I have ever seen.