The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

People wanted Transparency.

They have it with Trump.... and we don't like it. Is it really a surprise that the entire government is filled with and run by idiots?

Content slightly edited for clarity and truth.

Every consider that maybe they're one and the same?

Greg, put that through your conspiracy theory engine... :bag:

Oh good grief! :o

Every

!@#$ing

Day.

There can't be two people that moronic.

:lol::beer:

Now that James Comey’s purported opening remarks for tomorrow’s hearing are out there for all to see,

let’s take a moment to point and laugh at CNN for getting it so spectacularly wrong yesterday:

DBvjlegXkAIvKCa.jpg

Got to love those ANONYMOUS sources

They actually had a countdown timer running?

Seriously...this country just needs to take three days off, get completely ****-faced, and get a sense of perspective.

Seriously...this country just needs to take three days off, get completely ****-faced, and get a sense of perspective.

CNN put out a news blast earlier today that Comey is going nuclear on Trump with his testimony. Then looking at the transcript, there's nothing of the sort.

24 hour cable news might be the worst thing to ever happen to this nation. it struck me the other day at the gym watching Fox, MSNBC and CNN how passive your mind can be watching it....you never stop and think about it because it just rolls on segment after segment after segment.

But then again most people are too lazy to read news, or quality journalism. Cable news banks on the intellectually lazy, and those who just want to reside in an echo chamber.

CNN put out a news blast earlier today that Comey is going nuclear on Trump with his testimony. Then looking at the transcript, there's nothing of the sort.

Reading forces you to discern, contrast, think critically- watching it lulls you into a coma. Cable News sucks.

It's the Super Bowl of politics... that's how it was described to me today by CNN and MSNBC.

:wallbash:

24 hour cable news might be the worst thing to ever happen to this nation. it struck me the other day at the gym watching Fox, MSNBC and CNN how passive your mind can be watching it....you never stop and think about it because it just rolls on segment after segment after segment.

But then again most people are too lazy to read news, or quality journalism. Cable news banks on the intellectually lazy, and those who just want to reside in an echo chamber.

Reading forces you to discern, contrast, think critically- watching it lulls you into a coma. Cable News sucks.

:beer:

That's actually a good point I never considered...news in this country these days is presented so rapid-fire and with such over-sensationalism that, as a viewer, you simply don't have time to think about any one story before the next one starts.

I'm not sure if that's caused by a culture that's increasingly valuing histrionics over facts, or if it's causing that culture (at this point, probably a bit of both).

That's actually a good point I never considered...news in this country these days is presented so rapid-fire and with such over-sensationalism that, as a viewer, you simply don't have time to think about any one story before the next one starts.

I'm not sure if that's caused by a culture that's increasingly valuing histrionics over facts, or if it's causing that culture (at this point, probably a bit of both).

It all started with Seasame Street.

LoL...

Honestly, my wife is taking my son to oral surgeon tomorrow to get his wisdom teeth out. My wife already told me, if they have a news channel or The Ellen Show on in the waiting room... She is demanding they switch channels. LMAO, shes a flaming Lib too! I said: "Honey, reallu? Ellen? MSNBC?"

I get the sense she ain't playin'! Should I keep an attorney on retainer just in case?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I don't watch cable TV news. This was a Google news alert

I blame social media.

Everything has to fit in 140 characters.

Everybody has a megaphone so the only way to get noticed is talking louder with much more histrionics.

You read what Mark tells you to read and it's all slanted the way Mark thinks (knows) you think. Your "friends" get the same stuff. You never even consider a second opinion. It works both ways, left and right.

That's why it was so easy to fool so many in the last election.

News has to compete with this, so we now have what we have. That and Fox is a shill for the Republican Party and MSNBC is a shill for the Democrat Party.

That's my theory anyway.

Edited by reddogblitz

The preferred position is often cleverly relayed, there is a panel split screen of 3-4 "experts" whom we are led to believe have expertise/ credibility even without any sort vetting, and it's usually a 3-1 victory of panelists whom confirm the preferred position. It happens so fast, like you said sensationalized, that most humans don't have a chance to/ nor have the motivation to challenge it.

Your question in an excellent one, I have to think about that for a bit.

I blame social media.

Everybody has a megaphone so the only way to get noticed is talking louder with much more histrionics.

You read what Mark tells you to read and it's all slanted the way Mark thinks (knows) you think. Your "friends" get the same stuff. You never even consider a second opinion. It works both ways, left and right.

News has to compete with this, so we now have what we have. That and Fox is a shill for the Republican Party and MSNBC is a shill for the Democrat Part.

That's my theory anyway.

You tend to be interconnected with people through social media that confirm your point of view... it's why I encourage my wife whose pretty liberal and has a new interest in politics to read a source like TAC a few times a week. She assumed Conservative means Republican; but as she's found out that's not always the case. It takes effort to sift through the sensationalized bull ****, but when you do you find you enjoy the subject matter a lot more, and the chasm you believed was so vast between people who see things differently might no be that big after all.

I blame social media.

News has to compete with this, so we now have what we have. That and Fox is a shill for the Republican Party and MSNBC is a shill for the Democrat Party.

That's my theory anyway.

tl;dr

You tend to be interconnected with people through social media that confirm your point of view...

And it seems to be a lot more extreme nowadays.

At least, the liberal half my family still isn't talking to the conservative half. Hell, my sister was in DC Memorial Day Weekend, and I only found out a week later via a Facebook connection, because she still won't speak to me because she thinks I'm a Trump supporter.

tl;dr

And it seems to be a lot more extreme nowadays.

At least, the liberal half my family still isn't talking to the conservative half. Hell, my sister was in DC Memorial Day Weekend, and I only found out a week later via a Facebook connection, because she still won't speak to me because she thinks I'm a Trump supporter.

And there is likely no convincing her otherwise, and I don't take you as the guy who is going to spend a lot of time trying.

Can't fix stubborn militants- no offense to your sister

And there is likely no convincing her otherwise, and I don't take you as the guy who is going to spend a lot of time trying.

Can't fix stubborn militants- no offense to your sister

More likely, I'm the guy who encourages it by sending her "Merry Trumpmas! Make Christmas Great Again!" texts over the holidays.

More likely, I'm the guy who encourages it by sending her "Merry Trumpmas! Make Christmas Great Again!" texts over the holidays.

Your name at Starbucks is Trump2020 to write on your order.