The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

CHARLIE MARTIN: Should We Trust the Trump/Russia Coverage?

“The upshot of it all is that the Washington Post and New York Times have been wrong so often that they’ve become inherently unbelievable. Almost everyone remembers the story of the little boy who cried wolf.

What happens if the legacy press actually gets a story that is adequately sourced and points to real malfeasance? Will anyone believe them? Should anyone believe them?”

Disgraced David Gregory still peddling this ‘blatant lie’ about the election

:lol:

Today I learned that a welfare mama means the same as a corn husk.

The proper term is "Welfare Queens". (And you thought I didn't read your posts :)).

Almost everyone remembers the story of the little boy who cried wolf.

This is soooooooooooooo where I'm at now. Everyday there's a new crisis with an impeachable offense attached to it. I mostly watch and laugh and assume it's Trumped up BS which so far it had been.

However, if he does someday do something really had, Anderson Cooper etc. Will be there ready.

Maybe we should start a new thread, amigos.

I'm not your amigo, essay

The proper term is "Welfare Queens". (And you thought I didn't read your posts :)).

This is soooooooooooooo where I'm at now. Everyday there's a new crisis with an impeachable offense attached to it. I mostly watch and laugh and assume it's Trumped up BS which so far it had been.

However, if he does someday do something really had, Anderson Cooper etc. Will be there ready.

queens sounds anti gay.

How about wellfare receiptiens?

In the aftermath of a terrorist attack or an active shooter, responsible journalists pass around a guide for how to monitor breaking news. Here it is:
Screen-Shot-2017-05-15-at-9.59.49-PM.png

Perhaps we need a similar guide for how to handle breaking news that comes from the Washington Post. It turns out we can keep many of the tips:

• In the immediate aftermath, news outlets will get it wrong.

• Don’t trust anonymous sources. If democracy dies in darkness, anonymity is not exactly transparent or accountable. Unless someone is willing to to put his or her name with a leak, be on guard. Pay attention to how well the reporters characterize the motivations of the anonymous leaker. All leakers have motivation. Does the paper seem to have a grasp on how the motivation affects the veracity of the leak?

• If someone is leaking national security information in order to support the claim of a national security violation, be on guard.

• If someone is claiming a serious national security crisis but not willing to go public with the claim and resign in protest of same, be on guard.

• Compare sources willing to put their name and reputation on the line.

• Big anti-Trump news brings out the fakers.

• Pay attention to the language that the media uses. Is a story about something unimportant being written in such a way as to make it seem more important?

• Beware confirmation bias. Everyone has the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one’s existing beliefs or theories. Be on guard that you don’t accept critical or exonerating evidence to match your political preferences.

• Pay attention to how quickly and fully editors and reporters correct stories based on false information from anonymous sources. If they don’t correct at all, it’s an indication of a lack of respect.
Mollie Ziegler Hemingway

And so will Pence. :lol:

I have a very pro-gay/anti-christian friend who back during the election didn't think too much about Trump's bombastic ego and big mouth, but Pence scared the bejezus of of him.

now he's pining for a President Pence

I have news for all the impeach people thinking it would be the end of Trump. we have had 2 presidents impeached and 0 removed from office. :)

And we all know Trump would drag the country through every moment of the impeachment process. No resigning to keep the dignity of the office intact for him.

When the Reps turn en masse, they will turn fast. No one will want to be on Trimp's last defender. Right now they still hope to get meaningful work done.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

I have a very pro-gay/anti-christian friend who back during the election didn't think too much about Trump's bombastic ego and big mouth, but Pence scared the bejezus of of him.

now he's pining for a President Pence

I believe the Democrats refer to this as "winning." :lol:

Fake Congressional Budget Office reports

Fake FBI

Fake Science

Fake Polls

Everything that shows GOP in a bad light s fake! You guys would love the North Korean media

fake the faking fakers. Fake off.

[For those of you with gatorman on ignore, ridiculous verbiage removed courtesy of DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10. You're welcome.]

[This is an automated response.]

This ridiculous verbiage is brought to you by...

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.10.

Fake Congressional Budget Office reports

Fake FBI

Fake Science

Fake Polls

Everything that shows GOP in a bad light s fake! You guys would love the North Korean media

No. TASS and Pravda.