The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Well, since he believes Social Security is welfare I wonder what the percentages would look like in Ft. Meyers?

exactly.

his map would show a corn field in montana drawing equal money as a ft myers or compton ...

Good point. That's the reason I posted the graphic: I was trying to illustrate that 'federal spending' isn't limited to what we consider 'welfare' and that our perception of how and to whom federal dollars are allocated doesn't always conform to the common narrative. In reality, we're all on the government dole whether we believe it or not.

no, what you're showing is what idiots on CNN or mouth breathers who pick up the USA today cling to.

a picture. its worth than a georgia o'keefe.

your photo doesn't show outliers and reality. according to your picture a piece of **** hoodrat trash momma is equal to one tooth jethro and his 4th grade learn'd sister with their 27 kids is equal to 68 year old earl and betty who retired who are equal to a soy bean field in massachusettes.

does that make sense to you?

you democrats like defining everything by colors too much.

Exactly!

are you slap gum retarded, boy?

in what world should rape seed be equal to social security?

no, what you're showing is what idiots on CNN or mouth breathers who pick up the USA today cling to.

a picture. its worth than a georgia o'keefe.

your photo doesn't show outliers and reality. according to your picture a piece of **** hoodrat trash momma is equal to one tooth jethro and his 4th grade learn'd sister with their 27 kids is equal to 68 year old earl and betty who retired who are equal to a soy bean field in massachusettes.

does that make sense to you?

you democrats like defining everything by colors too much.

are you slap gum retarded, boy?

in what world should rape seed be equal to social security?

The same world that lumps programs like TANF and WIC and SNAP into 'welfare' but doesn't recognize programs like the rate on capital gains and dividends or the foreign tax credit similarly, of course.

And I certainly wouldn't call myself a Democrat.

The same world that lumps programs like TANF and WIC and SNAP into 'welfare' but doesn't recognize programs like the rate on capital gains and dividends or the foreign tax credit similarly, of course.

And I certainly wouldn't call myself a Democrat.

And what should the tax rate on capital gains and dividends be so it wouldn't be looked at as welfare?

Back to the thread.....................

PROFILES IN MEDIA HYPOCRISY

The theme yesterday was that it is terrible that Trump might expose the foreign source of invaluable intelligence to the Russians. But the New York Times, annoyed that the Post scooped them, reports just a little while ago:

Israel Said to Be Source of Secret Intelligence Trump Gave to Russia

We owe it to Marc Thiessen at AEI to offer a compilation of previous media hypocrisy about outing classified intelligence from foreign sources:

Edited by B-Man

And what should the tax rate on capital gains and dividends be so it wouldn't be looked at as welfare?

I think long-term capital gains should get taxed at the same rate as income, and short-term should carry a 25% penalty on net.

And sorry for hijacking thread.

I think long-term capital gains should get taxed at the same rate as income, and short-term should carry a 25% penalty on net.

So you're for taking away the incentive for people to invest in the economy? There is no reward for taking a risk on the economy? Stupidest idea I've heard in a long time.

ST Gains taxed as income AND penalized 25%?? :wallbash:

So...you want to punish homeowners. Gotcha.

So you're for taking away the incentive for people to invest in the economy? There is no reward for taking a risk on the economy? Stupidest idea I've heard in a long time.

But it's not "taking a risk on the economy." It's WELFARE!!!!!

This isn't even a discussion worth having, not with someone that confused.

So...you want to punish homeowners. Gotcha.

But it's not "taking a risk on the economy." It's WELFARE!!!!!

This isn't even a discussion worth having, not with someone that confused.

'Taking a risk on the economy'...oh please. You think Dick Fuld and Alan Schwartz are out on the street begging for pennies right now?

We're not talking about the vast majority of homeowners, that's obfuscation. 72% of revenue generated from this would come from .3% of taxpayers. And there's no correlation between capital gains rate adjustment and economic growth, as shown by the Congressional Research Service.

'Taking a risk on the economy'...oh please. You think Dick Fuld and Alan Schwartz are out on the street begging for pennies right now?

We're not talking about the vast majority of homeowners, that's obfuscation. 72% of revenue generated from this would come from .3% of taxpayers. And there's no correlation between capital gains rate adjustment and economic growth, as shown by the Congressional Research Service.

So everyone who invests in the economy is a rich person that wouldn't be harmed by your proposal. Do you have any idea how mutual funds are taxed?

No, obfuscation would be calling for a "capital gains tax" and pretending that it doesn't apply to all capital gains, while calling the existing capital gains tax rate "welfare."

What you're really advocating is taxing capital gains at a higher rate (equivalent to the rate of the top income tax bracket) beyond a certain capital gains threshold - presumably $500,000, so the majority of homeowners aren't subject to it. YOUR problem is that you can't even begin to explain it even as accurately as that, because if you did you'd have to stop calling the 25% capital gains tax rate "welfare."

The moral of the story being: words have meanings. Those meanings matter. And when you use those words in a way contrary to their meaning, you are too !@#$ing stupid to have a discussion.

No, obfuscation would be calling for a "capital gains tax" and pretending that it doesn't apply to all capital gains, while calling the existing capital gains tax rate "welfare."

What you're really advocating is taxing capital gains at a higher rate (equivalent to the rate of the top income tax bracket) beyond a certain capital gains threshold - presumably $500,000, so the majority of homeowners aren't subject to it. YOUR problem is that you can't even begin to explain it even as accurately as that, because if you did you'd have to stop calling the 25% capital gains tax rate "welfare."

The moral of the story being: words have meanings. Those meanings matter. And when you use those words in a way contrary to their meaning, you are too !@#$ing stupid to have a discussion.

Whoa, whoa, whoa save if for the new thread.

Don't you mean "dumb welfare ideas?"

How about just Dumb Ideas. We'd get it to a couple hundred pages by the end of he week.