Who do you want to start at QB for the Bills in 2017?

Dorkington

155 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to start at QB for the Bills in 2017?

• Tyrod Taylor
    • Tony Romo
    • Alex Smith
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Nick Foles
    • Cardale Jones
    • Mitch Trubisky
    • DeShone Kizer
    • Pat Mahomes
    • Deshaun Watson

Yup, another QB thread. But this time with a poll, so it's different... obviously.

I just chose some of the names that have been floating around here, and the top prospects according to WalterFootball.

Who do you want starting for the Bills in 2017, and why?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it weren't for Romo's injury history, I'd like 'choose' him.

Otherwise I don't see Tyrod and the other vet choices being hugely different in terms of overall talent, so if we're sticking with a vet, I'd rather keep him around. Since he's been here with the guys and has chemistry, and also because it's likely he'd actually be cheaper... I think?

I don't know much about the rookies, other than it's supposedly a 'weak class'. I am a fan of taking another QB in the draft, probably somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round, though. Another developmental guy to compete with Cardale. I actually still have faith that Cardale could end up being good, though.

I'm generally 'ok' with any of the vet options. The only thing that'd really make me go 'WTF' is if the Bills release Tyrod, and go into next year with a rookie and Cardale, and that's it.

Honestly, I'm hoping for three of these.

We keep Tyrod. We pick up Foles as a reliable back up and maybe a challenger to Tyrod. And we draft high to replace Cardell and EJ as a longer-term prospect. I don't know if that's financially impossible, but to me it's the most logical outside of money. Romo would probably be too much under this scenario, and his history of injuries is downright scary, but how much would Foles cost anyway?

Quarterback is everything, and we've under played it for 16 freaking years.

Romo has to be our first choice. He'll be the best QB available.

I think he's been more unlucky than injury prone. I think the Bills make the playoffs next year with a healthy Romo.

Of course, I think we need to draft a QB in this year's draft as well, but not necessarily in R1.

I can't really answer that question until I see what kind of moves we make this offseason. If we build to contend I'd vote cousins or Romo. We'd have to add a couple zach brown/Lorca type acquisitions for that to occur imo. We need to strike gold with cheaper free agents. If the cap is just too prohibitive and we don't fill the holes that need to be filled properly, I'd vote Cardale (or a 2017 mid rd draftee). See what he can do. If he sucks, draft our QB next year (probably top 3 pick if he sucks that bad)