Rank the GM's

Reggie McKenzie has done a great job with the Oakland Raiders.

I like his style...of managing an NFL team.

And yet he was on the hotseat after his 3rd season. What changed? He found a Quarterback. It is as simple as that folks.

The bad GMs are the ones who have found a Quarterback and still can't win.... the mediocre ones have haven't found a Quarterback... and the good ones find a Quarterback and then plug in pieces around him.

I think Whaley is an excellent pro personnel guy who has generally done a good job with FA. He has been an average drafter who hasn't been helped by the flip flopping of coaches and schemes.

And yet he was on the hotseat after his 3rd season. What changed? He found a Quarterback. It is as simple as that folks.

The bad GMs are the ones who have found a Quarterback and still can't win.... the mediocre ones have haven't found a Quarterback... and the good ones find a Quarterback and then plug in pieces around him.

I think Whaley is an excellent pro personnel guy who has generally done a good job with FA. He has been an average drafter who hasn't been helped by the flip flopping of coaches and schemes.

Good post Gunner.

Count me as a Whaley fan.

Count me as a Tyrod fan, too. I want to see how he does in this offense. Lets see how Cardale progresses in his second year. Draft a QB, if needed, in 2018 and don't feel pressured to throw him to the wolves.

Count me as a Whaley fan.

Count me as a Tyrod fan, too. I want to see how he does in this offense. Lets see how Cardale progresses in his second year. Draft a QB, if needed, in 2018 and don't feel pressured to throw him to the wolves.

I think Whaley has been a mixed bag. I'd have probably moved on from him along with Rex, but can understand why Pegula kept him on. I'm not a Tyrod fan, but that actually mitigates Whaley's blame on the QB front. Rex brought in Tyrod who was successful enough to warrant a further look last season. Whaley shopped for the players that Rex wanted to help him win so QB wasn't a big focus. Cardale was a good developmental pick and that holds true whether or not he pans out. Now it's up to Whaley to find a QB. He brought in the new HC so any differences in opinion on QB should've already been worked out.

He found a QB, and put in key pieces around him.

The Buffalo Bills do not value winning veteran leadership out of their FA's. They were on the cusp with a young QB who most believed was "the guy," and they went out and got the key pieces they needed to contend.

Bruce Irvin (Seahawks), Sean Smith (Chiefs), Osmele (Ravens), Malcolm Smith (Seahawks).

Perennial playoff vets, 3 of them with rings as key contributors.

How many do the Bills have? Corey Graham? And we continue to wonder year after year, why does this team roll over when they get punched in the mouth? Why does this team come out flat with playoff hopes on the line? It starts in the lockerroom and it starts with the lack of veteran leadership. Kyle can't do it all on his own.

Perfectly said

That's really all that needs to be said about this.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Really??? That's all that needs to be said about that? Whaley is a great GM whose only fault is that he hasn't found a QB? What evidence backs that up exactly? Yes he has his hits like the McCoy trade, but he has some huge blunders as well. How does Marcel Dareus get a guaranteed contract whether or not he fails a drug test when he has already faced discipline from the NFL? I know, it's not Whaley's fault, or Overdorf's or Brandon's. That ridiculous contract is just nobody's fault I guess.

Other questionable moves include trading the 9th overall pick a 4th round pick in the same draft, and the following years first to get to #4 and draft a WR in maybe the greatest WR draft of all-time. Signing Chris Williams to a pretty big contract to play G when everyone already knew he sucked. And yes letting Chris Hogan walk for nothing. Say whatever you want about us never giving him the contract the Pats did, but we didn't have to. We were going to be thin going in to the season at WR and all we had to do is tender him.

I don't want to totally bag on Whaley, but the circle jerk going on about him in this thread is disgusting.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Where in this thread did you see a circle jerk?

I don't know, maybe everyone in the entire thread crowning Whaley and saying he is a victim of bad luck with the QB position.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

I don't know, maybe everyone in the entire thread crowning Whaley and saying he is a victim of bad luck with the QB position.

The only person who said anything even approaching that about the QB position was Barley. There is nobody in this thread crowning Whaley. Read what is there instead of what you think is there.

I disagree ML. It needs to be said that Whaley is an undisciplined amateur who stupidly trades away our draft picks.

Bill, Gunner said it perfect. I mean is the Julio Jones deal killing the Falcons? Besides Matt Ryan, it's the main reason they made a SB. And Jones' stats in his first 3 years are very close to Sammy's, except Sammy plays in maybe the worst passing offense in the NFL.

We all try way too hard to analyze everything. If the Bills switched qbs with NE or GB, what's their record and what's those 2 teams record? NE misses on picks all the one but Brady covers everything up.

I do agree that you should be trading down rather than up unless it's for a QB. Hopefully, he has learned that. But to deny there isn't talent on this roster is foolish. It's one of the reasons I hated Rex. He inherited a 9-7 team with a top 4 defense and destroyed it.

Bill, Gunner said it perfect. I mean is the Julio Jones deal killing the Falcons? Besides Matt Ryan, it's the main reason they made a SB. And Jones' stats in his first 3 years are very close to Sammy's, except Sammy plays in maybe the worst passing offense in the NFL.

We all try way too hard to analyze everything. If the Bills switched qbs with NE or GB, what's their record and what's those 2 teams record? NE misses on picks all the one but Brady covers everything up.

I do agree that you should be trading down rather than up unless it's for a QB. Hopefully, he has learned that. But to deny there isn't talent on this roster is foolish. It's one of the reasons I hated Rex. He inherited a 9-7 team with a top 4 defense and destroyed it.

It's not just the Sammy trade.