Trump and Russia

26 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Congressman are pressing Mueller to produce evidence in 30 days and/or end the Russian probe.

About damrn time.

Good. If he hasn't come up with anything in a year+, he's not going to.

18 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Good. If he hasn't come up with anything in a year+, he's not going to.

Oh, come on...how long did it take Starr to get Clinton on something?  Six, seven years?

A year isn't nearly enough time to manufacture a crime and entrap Trump.

59 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Oh, come on...how long did it take Starr to get Clinton on something?  Six, seven years?

A year isn't nearly enough time to manufacture a crime and entrap Trump.

Without getting Trump on the stand, that's a reasonable position.  If he takes the stand, the over under to reach a perjury charge likely drops to 15 minutes.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Without getting Trump on the stand, that's a reasonable position.  If he takes the stand, the over under to reach a perjury charge likely drops to 15 minutes.

15 minutes?  Not even...

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth..."

"I do."

Finis.

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Are they planning to use emails from 2 years after Mueller was engaged as SP to get a process crime?

Considering that's still a year away...yeah, probably just waiting for those emails to be written...

Senate Serves a Huge Nothingburger With Trump Tower Transcripts

Posted by Mary Chastain

Donald-Trump-Jr.-Natalia-Vaselnitskaya-620x436.jpg

The Senate Judiciary Committee released 2,500 pages of transcripts and documents about a June 19, 2016, meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer. Donald Trump, Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort attended in hopes of leaving with dirt on failed Democrat presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

Turns out they didn’t get what they wanted. The left has also received nothing since they hoped this would help prove collusion between President Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia.

(more…)

On 5/15/2018 at 6:28 PM, DC Tom said:

15 minutes?  Not even...

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth..."

"I do."

Finis.

I tell the best truth.  My truth is yuge. No one tells better truth than me.

• Haha (+1) 2

MOLLIE HEMINGWAY: 10 Key Takeaways From The New York Times’ Error-Ridden Defense Of FBI Spying On Trump Campaign. 

“It’s reasonable to assume that much of the new information in the New York Times report relates to leakers’ fears about information that will be coming out in the inspector general report. . . . The story says the FBI was worried that if it came out they were spying on Trump campaign it would ‘only reinforce his claims that the election was being rigged against him.’ It is easy to understand how learning that the FBI was spying on one’s presidential campaign might reinforce claims of election-rigging.”

Remember when Trump’s claim that his campaign was being spied on was dismissed as absurd paranoia?...........:lol:

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MOLLIE HEMINGWAY: 10 Key Takeaways From The New York Times’ Error-Ridden Defense Of FBI Spying On Trump Campaign. 

“It’s reasonable to assume that much of the new information in the New York Times report relates to leakers’ fears about information that will be coming out in the inspector general report. . . . The story says the FBI was worried that if it came out they were spying on Trump campaign it would ‘only reinforce his claims that the election was being rigged against him.’ It is easy to understand how learning that the FBI was spying on one’s presidential campaign might reinforce claims of election-rigging.”

Remember when Trump’s claim that his campaign was being spied on was dismissed as absurd paranoia?...........:lol:

Hillary 2016:  Government Small Enough to Fit Inside Your Presidential Campaign

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

:lol: Inspired a trip back in the way-back machine on this thread. Boy, there are gems. But these stood out: 

First, it was "incidental" collection...  Now we know that wasn't the case. It was FISA title I and NSL surveillance for months during and after the election.

On 3/22/2017 at 12:30 PM, HappyDays said:

If members of his own team were under investigation, obviously his communications with them would be incidentally recorded. Nunes is clarifying this right now in a press conference. He confirmed that Obama did not order wiretaps on Trump, and that any communication picked up was incidental. Trump himself said he feels "somewhat vindicated." If there was anything to this, that would not be his choice of words.

Another miss. We now know there was a plot - several in fact with fancy code names and everything - to do exactly that. 

(this also includes a terrible attempt at describing "incidental collection")

On 3/22/2017 at 1:35 PM, HappyDays said:

I haven't heard ANY of this stuff ever, it is all very unique. It's clear you want to go on believing that there was some nefarious plot by the Obama administration to wiretap Trump for, well, that part isn't clear. Going by the available evidence including Nunes's comments today that is obviously not what happened. What Nunes said is that members of Trump's team were being recorded as part of an investigation, and whenever Trump spoke to them his comments of course would be recorded too. That is the "incidental communication." As to how legal it would be to use those conversations in court, I have no clue and probably most legal experts would tell you there is not a clear answer. But regardless, Trump's accusations were wrong.

GG was on it from the beginning:

On 3/22/2017 at 1:43 PM, GG said:

Let me get this straight.

Trump's juvenile comments about being wiretapped are cause for alarm, but evidence that his communications may have been illegally obtained is no big deal.

Does that sum up your point?

As was Tom:

On 3/22/2017 at 1:46 PM, DC Tom said:

I don't "believe" anything. I've read the stories about the FISA warrants being sought for Trump Tower based on electronic communications with Russia from BEFORE THE ELECTION. There is no nefarious plot: the FBI was seeking warrants as early as July to perform surveillance on the Trump campaign. That was reported by the same media that's now reporting that it never happened.

:lol: There's great stuff early on in this thread. 

32 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

As was Tom:

:lol: There's great stuff early on in this thread. 

To update my original post.  The media that originally reported the wire-tapping, then reported it never happened, is now reporting that whistleblowers leaked information because...they were worried that the reported wire-tapping that never happened might be divulged...?

With this amount of revisionist history, I look forward to reading in the history books in 20 years about how the Hillary Clinton administration de-nuclearized the Korean Peninsula... 

• Haha (+1) 2

The flailing attempt to cover and spin continues............

Washington Post identifies ‘secret FBI source’ as a ‘retired American professor’

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/05/18/breaking-washington-post-identifies-secret-fbi-source-as-a-retired-american-professor/

Secret FBI source for Russia investigation met with three Trump advisers during campaign. Great and well-considered story by my Post colleagues to come: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/05/18/secret-fbi-source-for-russia-investigation-met-with-three-trump-advisers-during-campaign/ 

According to the Post, the source is:

A retired American professor in 2016 began working as a secret informant for the FBI as it investigated Russia’s interference in the U.S. presidential campaign, and he contacted three Trump advisers in the summer and fall of that year, according to people familiar with his activities.

OK, so how many “retired American professors” were talking to Trump advisers? We’ll no doubt know his identity shortly.

Professor Plum ?

47 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The flailing attempt to cover and spin continues............

Washington Post identifies ‘secret FBI source’ as a ‘retired American professor’

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/05/18/breaking-washington-post-identifies-secret-fbi-source-as-a-retired-american-professor/

Secret FBI source for Russia investigation met with three Trump advisers during campaign. Great and well-considered story by my Post colleagues to come: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/05/18/secret-fbi-source-for-russia-investigation-met-with-three-trump-advisers-during-campaign/ 

According to the Post, the source is:

A retired American professor in 2016 began working as a secret informant for the FBI as it investigated Russia’s interference in the U.S. presidential campaign, and he contacted three Trump advisers in the summer and fall of that year, according to people familiar with his activities.

OK, so how many “retired American professors” were talking to Trump advisers? We’ll no doubt know his identity shortly.

Professor Plum ?

Halper. 

May 14, 2018
Stefan Halper and the origins of the FBI counterintelligence investigation of the Trump campaign
By Thomas Lifson

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/05/stefan_halper_and_the_origins_of_the_fbi_counterintelligence_investigation_of_the_trump_campaign.html

Still not sure where this leads but if anyone broke the law they should be prosecuted.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:25 AM, Benjamin Franklin said:

This topic is leaking into 20 threads.

My question now echoes from Watergate, "What did the president know and when did he know it?"

Also want more info on what Flynn discussed and what is the nature of the Trump campaign contacts with Russian intel. I might have contacted Russian intel when I picked up my rental car today.

Did "Benjamin Franklin" move to Canada?

5 hours ago, OJABBA said:

Did "Benjamin Franklin" move to Canada?

56 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

probably just created a new account

Let's see...

John Adams

Ben Franklin

Anybody see George Washington or Thomas Jefferson lurking around the board? :unsure: