Whaley wants Cardale to be 2017 starter

Just another QB class at this point, IMO.

The bottom line is that "Suck for Cardale" one o

This years class probably has more physical prototypes than next year.........heck Chad Kelly might go undrafted and he has a big arm.

Lots of arm talent this year.......no guarantees that next year will be better..........or even that all of those guys will come out.

As I don't watch college football, I am interested in your opinion of this year's QB class. Sorry if I missed it in other threads. Who would you recommend the Bills draft and who would be a big mistake ?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not confidence. Open is open. Throw the damn ball.

Every franchise QB has some scrub WR that they hit when they're wide open.

If he were a franchise QB we wouldn't be having this discussion........he'd be getting a 6 year $180M contract with about $100M in guarantees.

The next level of QB's do not get the same looks in the passing game as Taylor.........hell, they don't survive behind Jordan Mills in most cases. :lol:

Oh, yes I did (snap, snap, snap)!

yes lets compare a player that couldnt even get on the field not even on ST to tyrod taylor

i swear to christ the way yu fling **** at the wall to see what sticks is infuriating

If he were a franchise QB we wouldn't be having this discussion........he'd be getting a 6 year $180M contract with about $100M in guarantees.

The next level of QB's do not get the same looks in the passing game as Taylor.........hell, they don't survive behind Jordan Mills in most cases. :lol:

its all or nothing for the haters

trod is not a franchise guy

I love it. And I bet that McD and Pegs are on board. Mediocrity is our problem. Cardale will boom or bust and yes, it's likely bust.

Maybe he surprises everyone and kills it. Perfect.

If he fails we will finally have a QB, it'll just be a year later.

All Tyrod does is keep us in the spin cycle. Go Whaley!

As I don't watch college football, I am interested in your opinion of this year's QB class. Sorry if I missed it in other threads. Who would you recommend the Bills draft and who would be a big mistake ?

Lot's of high upside, big armed, athletic passers.

None that I would start in year one.

I'd always take a QB in round one if it were up to me and I'd have no problem carrying 4 on the 53.

Mahomes has the highest ceiling as a passer, IMO.

I'm generally a "let the draft come to you" guy but I like trading back if possible in this draft and getting more picks to take advantage of the depth at positions that sometimes have to be reached for in other years.......CB.......S.....TE.

I'm generally a "let the draft come to you" guy but I like trading back if possible in this draft and getting more picks to take advantage of the depth at positions that sometimes have to be reached for in other years.......CB.......S.....TE.

For me this year's draft strategy should be this simple:

1. If Watson or Trubisky are there at #10 pick them.

2. If neither are then offer the pick around. See what you can get for it.... because I agree I think there is depth at least through rounds 2 and 3 at corner, safety and receiver of guys who could come in and have a year one impact and probably through round 4 or 5 even for guys who would be an instant upgrade at TE2 on this roster. If the Bills could end up with a later 1st, two 2nds and two 3rds I think they could have a really productive draft picking high ceiling guys who happen to match some of the needs on the roster.

lol.

If true Whaleys a !@#$ing idiot..... no surprise though considering he went into a season with EJ, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Turl as his starting QBs.

I think CJ is the best option going forward for the 2017 season. Dump TT, which they will. They won't get a QB in the draft until 2018 if CJ fails badly. They will get a Big WR this draft and it'll be one of the top 2 prospects, Mike Williams or Corey Davis. I know CJ doesn't have the fundamentals down, but he can sure deliver the ball and can run like a tank with the wheels of Roadrunner

yes lets compare a player that couldnt even get on the field not even on ST to tyrod taylor

i swear to christ the way yu fling **** at the wall to see what sticks is infuriating

its all or nothing for the haters

trod is not a franchise guy

It's good enough versus not good enough.

Aren't you tired of being wrong? Join me, for once John.

But the receivers we did have were open and igonred too often. When you watch the tape it is an indisputible fact.

or in person.

Just so frustrating to watch him refuse to throw it, not see the open WRs, or take way too long to throw. It's like watching a college offense every week. I wish it were not so...

Edited by YoloinOhio

Per Vic carucci Whaley is in favor of starting Cardale Jones next season

The media is right about half the time.

The problem is figuring which half is right and which half is wrong.

I'm guessing this tidbit from Vic is in the wrong half. I'm guessing the plan at OBD is to start TT again, keep developing Cardale, and draft another QB. And maybe add a vet and let the coaches figure out which ones to keep.

Edited by hondo in seattle

TT was "good enough" in 2016 to make the playoffs if the D doesnt crap the bed.....why do yu think RR got fired so quickly? A far cry from aaron maybin

We should totally take a QB in round 2 and hedge our bet

"Good enough". Aka "not the solution"

http://buffalonews.com/2017/02/11/sports-illustrated-tyrod-taylor-not-solution-bills/

Buh bye Taylor. Good luck with 8-8 ceiling elsewhere.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

The media is right about half the time.

The problem is figuring which half is right and which half is wrong.

I'm guessing this tidbit from Vic is in the wrong half. I'm guessing the plan at OBD is to start TT again, keep developing Cardale, and draft another QB. And maybe add a vet and let the coaches figure out which ones to keep.

I find it hard to believe that Whaley thinks CJ is "the guy" since he only let him play one quarter in the last game. If he cuts TT loose I think it's lack of confidence in TT as opposed to confidence in CJ.

I've read Whaley "wants" Cardale to be the starter, and also that he "could" start NFL games. Those are 2 very different statements. I doubt he'd admit to what he wants, and he has to say the guy has what it takes to play, at least the way I see it. Regardless, I don't believe anything this time of year, so......I'll wait and see.

I've read Whaley "wants" Cardale to be the starter, and also that he "could" start NFL games. Those are 2 very different statements. I doubt he'd admit to what he wants, and he has to say the guy has what it takes to play, at least the way I see it. Regardless, I don't believe anything this time of year, so......I'll wait and see.

But Augie! This is Vic Carucci! #rogue

I will save my outrage over this until 1)it actually happens and Cardale Jones is the starting QB going into next season AND 2)he proves to be a worse NFL QB than TT. Otherwise it's ... nothing.

Why Outrage? -Jones is a National Championship winner, who SHOULD have entered the draft the year before... -He likely would have been a late second-round pick at worst!

That BS about him being benched is SO TIRED! -The kid NEVER lost a start in college!.... If Peyton Manning could get benched, then it can happen to anyone... -And it doesn't mean you're a bad player, especially at the college level.

I happen to think Jones will be worse than TT at some things, but BETTER than him at others.... Tightwad had his big shot... He didn't get it done.

Edited by #34fan