The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@aaron_wilsonNFL

Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes, TE Tyler Scalzi, FB Luke Stice worked out Mon. for Bills' Terry Pegula, Sean McDermott, Jim Monos, per source

Has Whaley been at any of these QB workouts?

Maybe he's firmly on the Watson or bust wagon? lol

He has been at them all.

He was at the Mahomes, Trubisky and Kizer workouts the past few days?

good to know. I hadn't seen any reports that he was there, and that above tweet made it sound like he wasn't.

Where did you see he was there, just out of curiosity?

Jared Goff isn't looking like a bust because of Air Raid. My point was that Texas Tech has more of a stigma attached to it than Cal. When Cal does it the announcers just say "they like throwing the ball" when Texas Tech does it it's a gimmicky offense.

Goff was said to have struggled big time with the terminology at the NFL. The Cal offense absolutely did him no favors. Edited by BillsFan17

Has Whaley been at any of these QB workouts?

Maybe he's firmly on the Watson or bust wagon? lol

he was at Kizer and Trubisky but not sure about Mahomes since Monos was mentioned. Maybe had to be elsewhere

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Texas-Tech-QB-Patrick-Mahomes-works-out-for-11066466.php?t=54dbeecabb438d9cbb&cmpid=twitter-premium

Edited by YoloinOhio

he was at Kizer and Trubisky but not sure about Mahomes since Monos was mentioned. Maybe had to be elsewhere

Joe B confirmed that Whaley was

@JoeBuscaglia Though not listed here, a league source tells me #Bills GM Doug Whaley was, in fact, at the Mahomes workout. https://t.co/qPUZf1dBC1

https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/851910910214103042

he was at Kizer and Trubisky but not sure about Mahomes since Monos was mentioned. Maybe had to be elsewherehttp://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Texas-Tech-QB-Patrick-Mahomes-works-out-for-11066466.php?t=54dbeecabb438d9cbb&cmpid=twitter-premium

Joe B confirmed that Whaley was

@JoeBuscaglia Though not listed here, a league source tells me #Bills GM Doug Whaley was, in fact, at the Mahomes workout. https://t.co/qPUZf1dBC1

https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/851910910214103042

Thanks guys. Glad to hear this.

It's sad but true. Most of these scouts are dinosaurs and are basing their ideas on a time when the QB was under center and every team had a fullback.

Derek Carr was dropped because he ran a gimmicky spread offense that didn't face tough competition and scouts refused to scout the traits. Mahomes will drop for similar reasons when he should be the consensus #1 pick on the board.

:wallbash:

Mahomes is working on game plans in crayon as we speak.

You can beat you heat again the wall all you want, but the facts at there and you can say they are subjective...

Are you going to tell me the Bear Raid really prepared Goff for the NFL? Yes,a lot of college teams are in the spread almost all the time, some succeed in the transition, others don't.

Having a few examples of success against the field is short sighted.

Heck, only two black QBs (starters) have ever won a SB, won't detract teams from picking black QBs. However, like i said-to use those two as examples to create a narrative against a field much larger; that scales in the opposite direction. Is short sighted and cherry picking at its finest.

I mean, explain to me how Tebow was so dominate in college, yet, didn't have the skills that translated to the NFL.

Sometimes the college game and schemes are strictly designed to win at that level. No concern for their NFL readiness or if their abilities will translate. Heck, not their job, but you get the point.

Edited by BillsFan17

You can beat you heat again the wall all you want, but the facts at there and you can say they are subjective...

Are you going to tell me the Bear Raid really prepared Goff for the NFL? Yes,a lot of college teams are in the spread almost all the time, some succeed in the transition, others don't.

Having a few examples of success against the field is short sighted.

Heck, only two black QBs (starters) have ever won a SB, won't detract teams from picking black QBs. However, two use those two as examplea against a field much larger scaling in the opposite.

I mean, explain to me how Tebow was so dominate in college, yet, didn't have the skills that translated to the NFL.

Sometimes the college game and schemes are strictly designed to win at that level. No concern for their NFL readiness or if their abilities will translate. Heck, not their job, but you get the point.

It was said that spread QB's can't play in the NFL a few years ago. That still exists but is going away now as NFL teams are slowly realizing that they will have to adjust. Mahomes had a 4.0 GPA, he will learn the terminology.

Goff's struggles were based on an NFL team using him incorrectly. Cowboys created a simplified offense for Dak last year. When they tried to expand playbook to full Tony Romo offense he struggled against the Eagles. Then they went back to the simple offense and Dak moved down the field with ease.

All of the college QB's will need to adjust to the NFL. It will take a smart plan and offensive coordinator to bring these prospects along correctly.

It was said that spread QB's can't play in the NFL a few years ago. That still exists but is going away now as NFL teams are slowly realizing that they will have to adjust. Mahomes had a 4.0 GPA, he will learn the terminology.

Goff's struggles were based on an NFL team using him incorrectly. Cowboys created a simplified offense for Dak last year. When they tried to expand playbook to full Tony Romo offense he struggled against the Eagles. Then they went back to the simple offense and Dak moved down the field with ease.

All of the college QB's will need to adjust to the NFL. It will take a smart plan and offensive coordinator to bring these prospects along correctly.

If we draft a Qb we better bring them along slow and build an offence around them. We have not shown the ability to do that in the past.