Buffalo mother arrested after homeschooling children

B-Man

Homeschooling is for idiots. I thought this was explained 60 years ago in:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbk824_bugs-bunny-yankee-doodle-bugs_fun

Do you want an idiot like you guys or me homeschooling? Especially ones with lack of temperament. If you do, you think too highly of one's self, get over yourself. They have to put up w/me enough, let alone pointing their azz here to have Azalin, TYTT, ChefJim, & DCTom give them a halfazzed, bot laiden civics class... And don't even get me started on OC and the butt hurt deplorables that can't make a choice between a dixie cup of water (Clinton) vs. a gallon of gasoline (Trump).

The whole concept is like Bugs Bunny teaching his nephew Clyde (Yankee Doodle Bugs)... END RESULT:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/looneytunes/images/1/1d/Clyde_in_Yankee_Doodle_Bugs_07.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150923043229

I am fairly certain than anybody could teach grades 1-12 if they passed that themselves.

Since when did grammar and world history taught at a high school level become such an impossible task?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Certainly didn't appear that way and I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I am hard on homeschooling. I think it should be extremely vetted.

Did just use the words: extremely vetted?

LMAO!

Hey... That's not like detaining a dying infant @ the airport. NOW, THAT is just being a d*ckhead! The children have 12 years to graduate, the families first making the choice to homeschool can be vetted. Test scores help.

I am fairly certain than anybody could teach grades 1-12 if they passed that themselves.

Since when did grammar and world history taught at a high school level become such an impossible task?

Just look at me! ;-)

The conversation with him is ridiculous and wrong. His entire argument is that stupid parents shouldn't teach their kids, and if it were exclusively stupid parents who are teaching the kids, he would almost have the beginning of a point.

But no one who walks into the world of homeschooling does it alone, and they sure the hell don't do it based exclusively on the knowledge possessed by their parents. There are established curriculum approved by the state, and classes and tests that have to be administered every week. There are teachers and tutors and countless opportunities to give your child an education far beyond anything you'd get from someone whose employment featured something called 'tenure.'

The difference is that you can better target your child's strengths and weaknesses without keeping him or her in a classroom of 30+ Exiles. They can take advanced classes for subjects in which they excel and NOT be held back simply because the public school system doesn't allow your child to move up a grade in a specific subject. Plus, they can expand their education into other classes you'd never find in a public school because too much money goes to pension and not enough to building an expansive curriculum.

It's a simple as this: find someone who thinks homeschooling is a bad idea because people are stupid and I'll show you someone who thinks unions are a great idea.

You were close LA,

The conversation with him is ridiculous and wrong. His entire argument is that stupid parents shouldn't teach their kids,

His entire argument (today) seems to be

Just look at me! ;-)

I am hard on homeschooling. I think it should be extremely vetted.

The hard data confirms quite clearly that homeschooled children do better than any other group. Perhaps you should be more concerned with the schools occupying the bottom of the pile.

The hard data confirms quite clearly that homeschooled children do better than any other group. Perhaps you should be more concerned with the schools occupying the bottom of the pile.

That's because they are strict on it. Yanking kids out in middle of year willy nilly will raise red flags, etc... Yeah they screwed up. But, parents that seem to be swayed by emotion can be grilled hard.

If they just give all homeschooling parents the benefit of doubt, get lax, I bet you see those scores drop.

Make sure the parents are truly dedicated and know the task. Yeah... And get that fixed w/the in school teachers too!

Kids never leaving their house or getting away from their parents is pretty strange and doesn't seem the way for the kids to learn social skills to get along in the world.

Kids never leaving their house or getting away from their parents is pretty strange and doesn't seem the way for the kids to learn social skills to get along in the world.

Are home schooled kids required to never interact with other children?

Is "it seems to me" the standard you use for everything or only when you're doing a deep dive?

Are home schooled kids required to never interact with other children?

Is "it seems to me" the standard you use for everything or only when you're doing a deep dive?

What, another home school family will show up once and awhile? Do they form their own baseball leagues too?

What, another home school family will show up once and awhile? Do they form their own baseball leagues too?

I didn't realize they couldn't join baseball leagues. How about football? Bowling? Scouts? Are they allowed to be friends with other kids? How many hours a day are they allowed to not be handcuffed to the radiator?

BUFFALO, N.Y. – A Buffalo mother who withdrew her children from public schools to homeschool them now faces child neglect charges, and her children have been removed from her custody.

KiarreHarris.png

Single mother Kiarre Harris filed all of the required paperwork with Buffalo City Hall to remove her children from Buffalo Public Schools in early December over concerns about the school system. She also filed the individualized educational program to homeschool her elementary school kids, which she did for several weeks, WKBW reports.

“I felt like the system was failing my children and that’s when I made the decision to homeschool,” Harris told WKBW.

Remember her ?

The mother who was screwed over.

Good thing our local lefties have reminded us that homeschooling is bad for children and most of the people incapable of doing it.

No proof of any of that of course.

Just their (repetitive) biases and uninformed opinions.

I am so glad that I started the thread, so they could demonstrate that.

That's because they are strict on it. Yanking kids out in middle of year willy nilly will raise red flags, etc... Yeah they screwed up. But, parents that seem to be swayed by emotion can be grilled hard.

If they just give all homeschooling parents the benefit of doubt, get lax, I bet you see those scores drop.

Make sure the parents are truly dedicated and know the task. Yeah... And get that fixed w/the in school teachers too!

You do seem to have an aversion to facts. Instead you substitute "swayed by emotion" as if it is fact. It isn't. Followed by predictions like "bet you see those scores drop". When you actually make predictions that come true I might listen to you. Until then I can only conclude you are the one "swayed by emotion".

You do seem to have an aversion to facts. Instead you substitute "swayed by emotion" as if it is fact. It isn't. Followed by predictions like "bet you see those scores drop". When you actually make predictions that come true I might listen to you. Until then I can only conclude you are the one "swayed by emotion".

Public schooling.

Ah yes....once a red flag is 'raised' those city governments hop right on the problem! :lol:

Eric, you've really become unhinged here in the early Trump days. Please pace yourself, you aren't young enough to keep this up for four (much less eight) years!

Ah yes....once a red flag is 'raised' those city governments hop right on the problem! :lol:

Eric, you've really become unhinged here in the early Trump days. Please pace yourself, you aren't young enough to keep this up for four (much less eight) years!

No. Not unhinged. Just trying to assert a lib presence in a con dominated board.

The time is ripe to be your moral voice.

Exhibit A.

Exhibit A my ass. Don't presume to know what I or anyone else might decide to do with regard to schooling children. Generally speaking, I don't have a problem with public schools. Like most anything else, some are good, some are adequate, and some are bad. Some parents are perfectly capable of doing a good job home schooling their children. I suspect the majority, while meaning well, are not. Home schooling should be an option, just like school choice should be, and there should be some kind of minimum competency exam for children who do receive their education at home. Parents should be the ones who decide how their children are educated, because it's every parent's responsibility to see to how their children are raised. They deserve to have that choice.

The conversation with him is ridiculous and wrong. His entire argument is that stupid parents shouldn't teach their kids, and if it were exclusively stupid parents who are teaching the kids, he would almost have the beginning of a point.

But no one who walks into the world of homeschooling does it alone, and they sure the hell don't do it based exclusively on the knowledge possessed by their parents. There are established curriculum approved by the state, and classes and tests that have to be administered every week. There are teachers and tutors and countless opportunities to give your child an education far beyond anything you'd get from someone whose employment featured something called 'tenure.'

The difference is that you can better target your child's strengths and weaknesses without keeping him or her in a classroom of 30+ Exiles. They can take advanced classes for subjects in which they excel and NOT be held back simply because the public school system doesn't allow your child to move up a grade in a specific subject. Plus, they can expand their education into other classes you'd never find in a public school because too much money goes to pension and not enough to building an expansive curriculum.

It's a simple as this: find someone who thinks homeschooling is a bad idea because people are stupid and I'll show you someone who thinks unions are a great idea.

And then there's the fact that in most instances, if not all, the homeschool teacher has a strong emotional bond with the student and a deep seated stake in the outcome of the process. Chances are that the homeschool teacher isn't focused on working within a contractual framework, using all the alloted sick days, planning personal days off, picketing school board meetings, etc. Since the homeschool teacher is likely to be with the student many more hours than a classroom teacher, there are many more real-world opportunities to turn an ordinary situation into a learning experience.

Home schooling has its place as a real option to traditional classroom learning.

No. Not unhinged. Just trying to assert a lib presence in a con dominated board.

The time is ripe to be your moral voice.

you're failing on it. And its carrying itself over to other areas which are evident in other threads. You've become much more emotional and the investment emotionally is going to tax you. And most importantly, leave you disappointed and alienated.

Its why I can't respond to your posts with nothing more than jibberish. Its why for the last few months I've mocked you even when not to you. The way you read any of my posts is as unhinged, non concentrated and ridiculous as can be.

Last year it was pretty rough, to the point where a member asked me if everything was OK at the opener that year. I responded that I was having fun acting like you. He figured I had a stroke.

Seriously, uiu will, if you hold this so closely. That needs to also be telling. Why is Reid, pelosi, others not so worked up over this that their health has failed? They don't care.

Unblocking you to note you're an arrogant bubble-living judgmental douchenozzle.

have you been around long enough to remember fig newtons/dog14020? Its obvious tibs is birddog but with spellijg mistakes and all I'm thinking dog1490210 is also bird/tibs.

Have you seen similarities?