Buffalo mother arrested after homeschooling children

B-Man

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why is it stupid. We live in an idiocracy slammed shifted from 1st to 6th since November and the engine is lugging badly!

Very bad... And you want idiots homeschooling. You guys really are anarchists!

I think that it is clear from your posts that (like a majority of liberals) you do not have much respect for average Americans.

I realize that the families that commit to the hard task of Homeschooling, just want what is best for their children.

and that fact was brought home on November 6th, when Americans decided to overlook the obvious personal flaws of Donald Trump, to try in some small measure to regain control of their lives from the ever-expanding federal government.

I think that it is clear from your posts that (like a majority of liberals) you do not have much respect for average Americans.

I realize that the families that commit to the hard task of Homeschooling, just want what is best for their children.

and that fact was brought home on November 6th, when Americans decided to overlook the obvious personal flaws of Donald Trump, to try in some small measure to regain control of their lives from the ever-expanding federal government.

Aside from the fact three million more people voted for the side that does not respect Americans, and that most people don't want to home school, and that the federal government does not even run schools, and...oh, never mind, maybe you should just cut and paste

I don't have respect for my own stupity, let alone yours or the average Kardashian junkie.

Standards my friend, standards.

What you think is disrespect for the average American, I think is not. No disrespect when I think most think too highly of themselves and question everbody, even the experts. Now I am not claiming City Hall are a bunch of experts, but we do have to put some faith in the pros out there. You trust cops right?

Problem is, everybody questions everybody now... Everything is a huge conspiracy to them.

Tom's right... ALL !@$&ing idiots.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The list of successful people who were home-schooled is ridiculously long.

Da Vinci, C.S. Lewis, Mark Twain, Irving Berlin, Alexander Graham Bell, MacArthur and Patton, Einstein, the Williams sisters and Jason Taylor, Churchill, Charlie Chaplin, FOUR Supreme Court justices, FOURTEEN US presidents.

But somehow Exiled has it all figured out that homeschooling is bad. I would argue that if he's the product of public schooling, he actually makes a case against himself.

He should understand how homeschooling actually works before ranting about it because it is absolutely nothing like what he is whining about.

The list of successful people who were home-schooled is ridiculously long.

Da Vinci, C.S. Lewis, Mark Twain, Irving Berlin, Alexander Graham Bell, MacArthur and Patton, Einstein, the Williams sisters and Jason Taylor, Churchill, Charlie Chaplin, FOUR Supreme Court justices, FOURTEEN US presidents.

But somehow Exiled has it all figured out that homeschooling is bad. I would argue that if he's the product of public schooling, he actually makes a case against himself.

He should understand how homeschooling actually works before ranting about it because it is absolutely nothing like what he is whining about.

Oh please! Many of those people had no schools to go to, and Einstein went to a school, I know. Where did you get that list? Some right wing a ding web site?

Oh please! Many of those people had no schools to go to, and Einstein went to a school, I know. Where did you get that list? Some right wing a ding web site?

Really? How do you know? I assume most of those people were fairly well to do. Probably np getting access to schools.

Really? How do you know? I assume most of those people were fairly well to do. Probably np getting access to schools.

Compulsory schooling didn't take affect till after many of those people were adults. George Washington may have been home schooled, but that's how it had to be in Virginia in the 1740's.

Edited by Tiberius

People are idiots. I know people want the best for their children. I don't fault them. It is common too that so many bite off more than they can chew.

No disrespect... Get over ourselves. People horrifically make mistakes all the time and will play loosy goosy with educational choice? I am not against homeschooling...

Homeschooling is for idiots. I thought this was explained 60 years ago in:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbk824_bugs-bunny-yankee-doodle-bugs_fun

Do you want an idiot like you guys or me homeschooling? Especially ones with lack of temperament. If you do, you think too highly of one's self, get over yourself. They have to put up w/me enough, let alone pointing their azz here to have Azalin, TYTT, ChefJim, & DCTom give them a halfazzed, bot laiden civics class... And don't even get me started on OC and the butt hurt deplorables that can't make a choice between a dixie cup of water (Clinton) vs. a gallon of gasoline (Trump).

The whole concept is like Bugs Bunny teaching his nephew Clyde (Yankee Doodle Bugs)... END RESULT:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/looneytunes/images/1/1d/Clyde_in_Yankee_Doodle_Bugs_07.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150923043229

Hey douchebag, I don't have any children, and if I had, then you're opinion sure as hell wouldn't have anything to do with how I decided to raise them.

... And don't even get me started on OC and the butt hurt deplorables that can't make a choice between a dixie cup of water (Clinton) vs. a gallon of gasoline (Trump).

Are we trying to grow a plant or drive a car? Because I can't tell which one is better until I know that.

Homeschooling is for idiots. I thought this was explained 60 years ago in:

Homeschooling Statistics

Source:National Household Education Survey, U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics

Homeschool Student Statistics Data

Percent of high school students that are homeschooled - 1 %

Percent of high school minority students that are homeschooled - 6.8 %

College graduation rate of a homeschooled student - 66.7 %

College graduation rate of a non-homeschooled student - 57.5 %

Average academic percentile of a homeschool student - 77th

Average SAT score of a homeschool student - 1083

Composite ACT Score by School Type ACT Score

Homeschool - 26.5

Private - 25.6

Catholic - 25.1

Public - 25

March 2013

An Evaluative Study of the Academic Achievement of Homeschooled

Students Versus Traditionally Schooled Students

Attending a Catholic University

For example, in a landmark U.S. national study, Rudner (1999) administered academic achievement tests to 20,760 primary and secondary homeschooled students. Results showed that homeschooled students’ achievement-test scores were significantly higher than those of their public- and private-school counterparts.

Furthermore, Clemente (2006) conducted a study to determine if there was a statistically significant difference in the college aptitude of homeschooled high school seniors compared to traditionally schooled students who subsequently attended Christian colleges. Clemente’s results indicated that the homeschooled students’ mean test score on the SAT (including verbal and mathematics sections) was 1123, whereas private- and public-school students averaged 1054 and 1039, respectively.

Homeschooled students on average achieved a higher ACT composite score (26.5), earned more college credit as incoming freshmen, had a higher one-year cumulative GPA (3.41), had a higher four-year cumulative GPA (3.46), performed at the same level with regards to fall-to-fall retention rate, and had a higher four-year graduation rate (66.7%) and overall retention rate (88.6%) when compared to traditionally schooled students (O’Shaughnessy, 2010).

Homeschooling Statistics

Source:National Household Education Survey, U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics

March 2013

An Evaluative Study of the Academic Achievement of Homeschooled

Students Versus Traditionally Schooled Students

Attending a Catholic University

Not disputing homeschooling. Just dumbazzes that pull their children out in what appears to for an emotional reaction. The woman is okay to do what she is doing... And yes gov't messes up as is the case here.

Standards my friend, standards. I am not saying gov't is wiser than the individual either. But, I am not putting all my faith in the individual either. You usually see how well that turns out!

People are idiots. I know people want the best for their children. I don't fault them. It is common too that so many bite off more than they can chew.

No disrespect... Get over ourselves. People horrifically make mistakes all the time and will play loosy goosy with educational choice? I am not against homeschooling...

People are idiots but public school teachers are the best thing since sliced bread. :wallbash:

People are idiots but public school teachers are the best thing since sliced bread. :wallbash:

Now. I never said that. Did I mention I send my children to parochial schools. Son the whole time, K-12. Daughter went public from 6-7. She did Catholic grammar school from K-4 @ one, 5th @ another. Now, going to be Catholic high school for the next 4. Boy was that a wrong move going public!

But... I don't piss and moan that I pay $6k taxes on $150k house and still shell out $20k in private tutition. It is what we choose to do and spend our money on. God knows it helps taking the heat off the state from educating our children. My resources for school taxes ($4+k of that $6k) goes to help the public school districts without having to deal with 2 more children.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois