At this point

4merper4mer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The one two years ago was 1 boneheaded call. This was a systematic pattern of idiocy from a very arrogant man. There was no conspiracy here.

Even if you are going to call pass play, you are going to run the play clock down to single digits. Every single time. It's not an advanced idea.

This game smells. As does everything that involves this team***

The one two years ago was 1 boneheaded call. This was a systematic pattern of idiocy from a very arrogant man. There was no conspiracy here.

So what am I to assume? That teams with the super bowl in their hands will forget their identity and fold up shop? What would have been more dramatic than a 25 point come back for Brady?

Aliens landing at halftime and Tom terrific comes out lasers a blazing?! I find it funny how quick some fans will go into full defensive mode but yet Pats fans are straight up laughing....

Even if you are going to call pass play, you are going to run the play clock down to single digits. Every single time. It's not an advanced idea.

This game smells. As does everything that involves this team***

+1 obvious is obvious. I'm glad you have broken free from the normally terrible material you produce at the keyboard.

I got no problem with atlantas play calling. You start running the ball all the time and milking clock, you get same outcome. Gotta play for 60 minutes and trust your players. MVP of league came up epically small.

They were never stopped on the ground.

And even if you do pass, you run down the play clock as low as possible: is it even a question? I mean, this is the highest level of the sport, right?

So what am I to assume? That teams with the super bowl in their hands will forget their identity and fold up shop? What would have been more dramatic than a 25 point come back for Brady?

Aliens landing at halftime and Tom terrific comes out lasers a blazing?! I find it funny how quick some fans will go into full defensive mode but yet Pats fans are straight up laughing....

Not defensive. Just don't see anything that happened here that is inconsistent with what Kyle Shanahan is known as. Maybe you think someone bribed him.... that seems unlikely to me.

Not defensive. Just don't see anything that happened here that is inconsistent with what Kyle Shanahan is known as. Maybe you think someone bribed him.... that seems unlikely to me.

Find me a more dramatic script for this one game? Brady nearly in tears down 3 plus touchdowns and all the sudden the Falcons forget everything about football. Come on maaaaaaan. I love the game too but it's way to obvious, this scenario was predictable

When Pats fans are texting and calling referencing the script and laughin that is a problem. I don't care what you think about KS it's more than that.

Edited by Commonsense

And even if you do pass, you run down the play clock as low as possible: is it even a question? I mean, this is the highest level of the sport, right?

Most coaches are not all that smart.

If there is another explanation I would love to hear it.

They weren't running it well at the end of game and Coleman left game with injury. They weren't gonna win that game running the ball and hoping time ran out. MVP of league played like garbage in crunch time. That's why they lost.

They weren't running it well at the end of game and Coleman left game with injury. They weren't gonna win that game running the ball and hoping time ran out. MVP of league played like garbage in crunch time. That's why they lost.

Really? They didn't even need to gain another yard on the ground to win the game. The game was over with a 37 yard fg

I got no problem with atlantas play calling. You start running the ball all the time and milking clock, you get same outcome. Gotta play for 60 minutes and trust your players. MVP of league came up epically small.

After Jones catch they were up 8 and well within FG range. Three kneels and a kick and the game is over. How can you possibly say the play calling was ok?

Last year Kyle and Ryan had an on going feud that got so contentious that the HC and the GM had to step in. Kyle had a tendency to slow the pace down and work the clock when the team had a lead. Ryan insisted on going full throttle and going for the kill and the post kill. They had forced counseling sessions between them this offseason where Kyle relented more than Ryan. The OC agreed to continue to be more aggressive at the latter stages of the game no matter what the situation was. My point here is that Ryan won out over the OC from a strategy point.

In this particular game what killed Atlanta was not the problem of being too aggressive at the end of the game because it put them in a good position put the game away. It was Ryan not being aware of the situation from a field position standpoint. The qb stupidly took a sack when all he had to do was throw it away and have his team in position to kick a field goal which would have locked up the game.

At this point not only do I never want to watch another football game as long as I live, I never want to watch another baseball, basketball, or hockey game either.

I'm sure my mind will change but that was brutal and just so wrong.

I thought it was amazing and am glad you enjoyed it, cheers!

At this point not only do I never want to watch another football game as long as I live, I never want to watch another baseball, basketball, or hockey game either.

I'm sure my mind will change but that was brutal and just so wrong.

It's the offseason. You'll get over it. BTW, I'm kinda glad we didn't get Shanahan as our HC. I'm not too keen on how he called the second half. Also, the ST coach who didn't prep the kick returner for ATL should be severely reprimanded. There is no way that kick should have been brought out.

At this point, SCREW getting to PLAYOFFS. Do NOT utter that P WORD. Build for a CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM. SCREW P. AIM FOR C. So don't you ever moan about just GETTING TO PLAYOFFS. because getting there is POINTLESS unless you WIN a CHAMPIONSHIP. Can we agree on that?

Edited by CanadianFan

Julio Jones is just flat out crazy good. And, sure, Belichick is going to double him and try to take him out of the game.

But how in the world do you not put him in motion or in bunch formations and GET HIM THE FUGGIN BALL regardless? I mean, he's open when he is perfectly covered. Design something to give him the slightest bit of daylight and he's like nuclear on the defense.

Shanahan totally outsmarted himself. Good luck '9ers.