TT vs Buffalo media

YoloinOhio

Hmmm

@mikerodak

Tyrod Taylor said on @ESPNRadio today he feels the Buffalo media is a very negative group and was unfair to him this past season.

Tyrod Taylor told @ESPNRadio, in essence, that the Bills offense was being blamed at the wrong times and media did not watch the film."

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm

@mikerodak

Tyrod Taylor said on @ESPNRadio today he feels the Buffalo media is a very negative group and was unfair to him this past season.

Tyrod Taylor told @ESPNRadio, in essence, that the Bills offense was being blamed at the wrong times and media did not watch the film."

It rots from the head down.

I think the Pegula's are going to have to learn that their behavior sets an example for the rest of the organization.

Spurn and be deliberately deceitful or vindictive with the media and the players think it's OK to go on the offensive as well.

Nothing good comes from it........utterly counterproductive.

If you can't even be above it don't expect your players to be.

#settingbadexample

Edited by #BADOL

Hmmm

@mikerodak

He's not wrong.

The Buffalo Media is a weird group in general (especially when it comes to football). They really aren't "football" people like in other cities. There isn't a large college football presence in Buffalo so they aren't particularly educated on prospects or their transitions to the pro game. They don't really pay a ton of attention to the rest of the league either (at least comparatively). The talk show hosts don't really understand the game. Sal is probably the exception here. This is a little bit of rambling but I guess that what I am getting at is that they don't have the depth of knowledge and understanding that people in other cities, in their positions have.

He's not wrong.

The Buffalo Media is a weird group in general (especially when it comes to football). They really aren't "football" people like in other cities. There isn't a large college football presence in Buffalo so they aren't particularly educated on prospects or their transitions to the pro game. They don't really pay a ton of attention to the rest of the league either (at least comparatively). The talk show hosts don't really understand the game. Sal is probably the exception here. This is a little bit of rambling but I guess that what I am getting at is that they don't have the depth of knowledge and understanding that people in other cities, in their positions have.

He is wrong for even acknowledging the fact that he listens to what they have to say. "I don't pay attention to any of that, I'm focused on playing quaterback for the Buffalo Bills and winning games"

Why o why can't this term learn something from the team that has dominated them for nearly two decades. No that won't make BB come coach here or Brady play here but it would lay some ground work for a winning organization.

He is wrong for even acknowledging the fact that he listens to what they have to say. "I don't pay attention to any of that, I'm focused on playing quaterback for the Buffalo Bills and winning games"

Why o why can't this term learn something from the team that has dominated them for nearly two decades. No that won't make BB come coach here or Brady play here but it would lay some ground work for a winning organization.

I don't know it's 2017 in the social media era. I don't think pretending the media doesn't exist is practical. LeBron talks about the media more than anybody and he wins plenty. I don't think that you want to get into a pissing match but I don't think that he's wrong.

He's not wrong.

When your top radio hosts are Mike Schopp and Howard Simon, what does that say? Our radio personalities are where they are mostly by inertia.

Hmmm

@mikerodak

He's not wrong.

He's not wrong. But I'm sure quite a few here will be upset about this.

This team fired the OC after letting Fitzy throw all over and embarrass the defense and the media is the one who unfairly blamed the offense?

I listen to sports talk in New Orleans all of the time and the Saints haven't been good in a few years. The conversation is about the future here, not the past.

Yeeeeahhh........about that........SB winning HC + SB winning QB = earned optimism.

Team windows are much larger now because QB's can play well for so much longer but I'd put the Saints about where the 1996 Bills were in terms of goodwill with the fans/community.

And it was all about the future here then too.

You could switch out every Buffalo media member with some brilliant :flirt: New Orleans sportstalkers and after about a season and a half they'd all be like "why shouldn't we hold these guys accountable for never winning?".

Edited by #BADOL

Yeeeeahhh........about that........SB winning HC + SB winning QB = earned optimism.

Team windows are much larger now because QB's can play well for so much longer but I'd put the Saints about where the 1996 Bills were in terms of goodwill with the fans/community.

And it was all about the future here then too.

You could switch out every Buffalo media member with some brilliant :flirt: New Orleans sportstalkers and after about a season and a half they'd all be like "why shouldn't we hold these guys accountable for never winning?".

They certainly have some goodwill still but have had some historically bad defenses and cap management. They haven't been hit at all. I mean they see the end of Brees era in the future but still are fair. Maybe it will change at some point but so far it hasn't at all. If anything the optimism is growing quite a bit.

LSU is an even better example probably. They have squandered some of the countries' top talent for far too long. Alabama has dominated them. They have playoff talent every year and play in the Citrus Bowl. If you think that the Bills have QB problems it's 50x worse in Death Valley. They still get a pass.

Some of the main talk show hosts played in the NFL or at LSU. The whole region is a football area. They played the games as kids and through high school anyways. In general, they have a much greater football understanding than Howard Simon or Mike Schopp. I was going to use NE as the example with Zolak but he's a jackass. He understands the game though.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

He's not wrong.

I agree. Sal is about the only person I feel you can believe.

Dodge the accountability for the 189 yards passing per game.

Solid play TT.

Only a fool would fail to realize he is running the plays as they are called. Don't like the offense then criticize the coordinator. Unfortunately you evidently live in a dream world where reality doesn't exist.

They certainly have some goodwill still but have had some historically bad defenses and cap management. They haven't been hit at all. I mean they see the end of Brees era in the future but still are fair. Maybe it will change at some point but so far it hasn't at all. If anything the optimism is growing quite a bit.

LSU is an even better example probably. They have squandered some of the countries top talent for far too long. Alabama has dominated them. They have playoff talent every year and play in the Citrus Bowl. If you think that the Bills have QB problems it's 50x worse in Death Valley. They still get a pass.

Some of the main talk show hosts played in the NFL or at LSU. The whole region is a football area. They played the games as kids and through high school anyways. In general, they have a much greater football understanding than Howard's Simon or Mike Schopp. I as going to use NE as the example with Zolak but he's a jackass. He understands the game though.

Yeah again the constant negativity and re-hashing of the past around the Bills only emerged LONG after every bit of goodwill had been exhausted.

25 years was a LONG f*cking time ago, dude.

People who had no kids then are grandparents in many cases now. :lol:

You are barking up the wrong tree thinking that this situation with the media in Buffalo is somehow "alien"........it's a case study in what happens when you earn no respect by constantly failing.

Saints won a SB recently and f*cking LSU won two GD national titles in past 12 years with 2 different coaches for fuxake. :lol::doh:

I'll agree, but it could be worse. The NYC media is way worse. You could win a super bowl and still get murdered by them. Bottom line, the QB is usually going to be the main fall guy when things are not going well. Your failure is the most plain to see. You get the glory but you have to take the lumps.