Is Trump Mentally Ill?

Tiberius

What are we supposed to be alarmed about ?

He has governed thus far by presidential fiat through a flurry of ill-considered and incompetent executive orders, completely ignoring and bypassing the legislative branch. His recent immigration ban in all likelihood violates both the establishment clause in the First Amendment and the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment; the administration is now ordering executive branch personnel to continue implementing the ban, despite a stay ordered by a Federal Court. In little over a week he has through both words and actions, displayed disdain and contempt for the press, the legislative branch, the judicial branch, and the rule of law. You find none of this alarming?

Edited by Thirdborn

He has governed thus far by presidential fiat through a flurry of ill-considered and incompetent executive orders, completely ignoring and bypassing the legislative branch. His recent immigration ban in all likelihood violates both the establishment clause in the First Amendment and the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment; the administration is now ordering executive branch personnel to continue implementing the ban, despite a stay ordered by a Federal Court. In little over a week he has through both words and actions, displayed disdain and contempt for the press, the legislative branch, the judicial branch, and the rule of law. You find none of this alarming?

He (RLB) don't care. As long as the trains are on time. Wait, wrong dictator! ;-)

Nice to see you around third. Hope all is well w/you.

Are you talking about visa holders or non-visa holders?

I thought you were talking about Obama.

I would think that any rational person would be alarmed by Trumps behavior at this point. Those that throw around terms like snowflakes and fascists are spinning their wheels, while the rest of us are watching what appears to be a bad Hogans Heroes rerun.

I'm not at all alarmed, but that's because I think I understand what he is doing. And keep in mind: Hogan was every bit as wise and funny, as Colonel Klink was dopey and funny. So...are you not entertained at least?

See, Trump doesn't just want the office. He wants to crush, and I mean crush, the globalist elite, open-border multiculturalists, global government activists(George Soros and everything he funds), billionaire donor environtologists, PC mavens, and the inner city government/grant money allocation revolving door, permanently. He doesn't just want an 8 year presidency. He wants to ensure that he destroys the potential for them, after 8 years or 100, to ever get power again.

He's doing that by following Napeleon/Sun Tzu. He chooses where the battle will be fought, how he is going to win it, and most importantly: makes that ground too inviting for the other side to ignore. Then, the other side rushes to that place to fight(like protesters rushing to the airport), without ever realizing that they are being set up, and without thinking how they are going to win once they get there. They are in too much of a hurry to get there.

Ask yourself: what did the protesters win at the airport, besides the eternal annoyance of people who work there, and travel as part of work?

Now, let's be clear: He's taking a huge risk, by increasing the scope beyond just being POTUS. However, he is being extremely smart about it. Everything so far is one piece at a time, and these pieces are diverse. He's not putting all his eggs in one sweeping reform program, like Bush did with SSI, or Obama with Obamacare. Nope. He makes one quick strike and moves on to the next one.

Sure it's weird, and sure it seems unsettling. But, so did mobile warfare seem to people who were used to the idea of massed army, set piece battles. Or, the concept of the aircraft carrier eclipsing the battleship. Trump is using a mobile warfare strategy. He lures the enemy. He hits them hard, but leaves before they can mass and counter attack, then lures/hits them someplace else.

Eventually, the goal is to sap the strength/will of the opposition. They keep chasing, but never get the big fight they want. Meanwhile they are eventually exhausted, lose #s to attrition, and starvation(or in this case eyeballs/attention of voters). They never win anything, which is demoralizing. Sooner or later, they will make a big mistake, and that is when Trump will stand and fight them, just like Houston did to Santa Anna, and crush them.

Hey, I could be wrong. Or, I could be right but Trump finds a way to F this up. However, so far? I'm pretty sure we seeing a real intellectual treat: the tactics of Sun Tzu/Napolean practiced in real life.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I find it alarming. But I found it alarming over the past eight years, when the Democrats didn't. I'm pleased to see them being hoist on their own petard.

What I find most alarming, though, is the attitude that the problem is Trump, and if we just give all that authority to the right person, everything will be okay...

It's like they've completely forgotten Obama's first month.

LOL :doh:

I find it alarming. But I found it alarming over the past eight years, when the Democrats didn't. I'm pleased to see them being hoist on their own petard.

What I find most alarming, though, is the attitude that the problem is Trump, and if we just give all that authority to the right person, everything will be okay...

Because it is! Is it the Dems fault we have nukes, trade agreements that affect the economy, businesses that work with the government and did the Democrats invent immigration? Your phony attempt at turning this around to attack the Dems is just so stupid

Because it is! Is it the Dems fault we have nukes, trade agreements that affect the economy, businesses that work with the government and did the Democrats invent immigration? Your phony attempt at turning this around to attack the Dems is just so stupid

I think he was alluding to the use of EO but you probably already knew that.

Man, I haven't seen a meltdown like this in years.

It's epic. Absolutely epic. You're all melting down on FB and Twitter and message boards and it is an absolutely beautiful sight to behold.

Thanks, leftists. I knew you wouldn't let us down. :lol:

Indeed but I know this isn't lost on you. We have a lunatic in the White House.

Honestly, Bannon concerns me far more than Trump does.

If the end result of this mess is that Congress starts doing its damn job and the executive gets reigned in, that's ok. Just need to weather Trump. Mostly his executive orders have been about as expected. Some horribly worded but none a surprise. It's when the surprises come...

Already Congress and the Executive are getting closer in approval ratings. You can do it Congress-critters.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

You are the embodiment of my point.