President Trump's "alternate facts"

And now I see reports that these were appointees who resigned already but chose today to walk out the door.

Whatever.

It's not, really, a "whatever" thing when the JournoLists orchestrate the message the way they did.

The press is really getting excessively embarrassing right now. Yes, from both sides. You would never, ever, ever publish a story without at least two credible, quotable sources of verification. But the need to be first has trumped all else, and it's only adding to the cacophony of bitching that finds its way into virtually every aspect of one's life.

Now you have a president who is piling on, and it only makes things worse.

Edited by LABillzFan

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is. I'm surprised no one mentioned here today that the head of Border Patrol quit, and "all the senior diplomats" at State quit...or were fired. No one's really sure, it seems.

The truly weird thing about that last is that the diplomats are claiming they walked out, while the White House is claiming they were fired. Which is completely backwards from how it usually is...

At least when it comes to the State Department side of things, I was planning on addressing that in the Deep State thread at a later point. It is a significant development that furthers the narrative that 45 is going to gut the CIA of a very specific element.

:ph34r:

At least when it comes to the State Department side of things, I was planning on addressing that in the Deep State thread at a later point. It is a significant development that furthers the narrative that 45 is going to gut the CIA of a very specific element.

:ph34r:

Carrie Mathison?

And now I see reports that these were appointees who resigned already but chose today to walk out the door.

Whatever.

Meathead, Ozy isn't someone labeled a racist. He's an honest to god neo Nazi who posts here. And your "I love brown people" post is absurdly out of place and had nothing to do with the topic. Which is why you're being mocked. That, and "here's my resume, bow before me" posts don't further an argument.

And now it's reported that Trump basically did what Bush and Obama did.

Buried in the NYT article:

Longtime employees at three of the agencies — including some career environmental regulators who conceded that they remained worried about what President Trump might do on policy matters — said such orders were not much different from those delivered by the Obama administration as it shifted policies from the departing White House of George W. Bush. They called reactions to the agency memos overblown. On Wednesday, Douglas Ericksen, a spokesman for the E.P.A., said that grants had been only briefly frozen for review, and that they would be restarted by Friday. “I’ve lived through many transitions, and I don’t think this is a story,” said a senior E.P.A. career official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the news media on the matter. “I don’t think it’s fair to call it a gag order. This is standard practice. And the move with regard to the grants, when a new administration comes in, you run things by them before you update the website.”….It is standard practice for new administrations to make changes to their websites to reflect their different policy positions.

What a mess the media has proven itself to be.

Has there been a memorial yet for all the corpse men? We have 56 states in North America and 1 state in Asia where it could be held. Then again, we should be prepared for when Guam tips over.

Try and keep up Hoss. Bowling Green Massacre happened this week and you're still getting wet over 57 states from 8 years ago.

Alternate reality.

Good that Obama gave you a couple gems. Hard keeping up with this administration's idiocy. In just the last week the ever vigorous Frederick Douglass is active in the Bowling Green Massacre, and Sean Spicer tweeted an Onion story! Stay tuned for next week when Batman gets nominated to run Homeland Security.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

Try and keep up Hoss. Bowling Green Massacre happened this week and you're still getting wet over 57 states from 8 years ago.

Alternate reality.

Good that Obama gave you a couple gems. Hard keeping up with this administration's idiocy. In just the last week the ever vigorous Frederick Douglass is active in the Bowling Green Massacre, and Sean Spicer tweeted an Onion story! Stay tuned for next week when Batman gets nominated to run Homeland Security.

Which Batman?

Better not be Clooney.

Regarding President Trump's poor remarks in an interview that seemed to say that the U.S. is no better than Russia.

It was heartening to see a number of GOP lawmakers and Conservative leaders condemn Trump’s remarks, but Trump himself has to stop equating America and Russia. He’s done it before, and I suspect he may do it again.

By doing so, he’s not only obscuring the truth, he’s injecting nonsensical moral relativism into American foreign policy — a relativism that can undermine national resolve in the face of an increasing Russian threat. Ultimately, our nation is only as resolute as its people, and Trump is blurring the lines between American virtues and Russian wrongs.

Ask yourself how many democrat 'leaders' would have spoken out if president Obama said a similar remark.

The GOP has many, many faults, but most will hold to their principles rather than just go along with party.

Regarding President Trump's poor remarks in an interview that seemed to say that the U.S. is no better than Russia.

A lifetime Democrat, now a president, is telling the American people that the US is no better than any other terrorist state, and still the left refuses to realize Trump is Obama V2.0.

Yeah. Color me surprised.

A lifetime Democrat, now a president, is telling the American people that the US is no better than any other terrorist state, and still the left refuses to realize Trump is Obama V2.0.

Yeah. Color me surprised.

He's his own brand of crap. Obama he's not.

I'd take George Sr in a heartbeat. Barbara can wheel him into the Oval Office tomorrow.