President Trump's "alternate facts"

On MTP this morning, Kellyanne Conway called Spicer/Trump's lies about the inauguration crowd "alternate facts." This Orwellian doublespeak is such a thing of beauty that it deserves a thread title.

Here are some early flat lies from Spicer/Trump.

"This was the first time in our nation's history that floor coverings have been used to protect the grass on the Mall."

"We know that 420,000 people used the D.C. Metro public transit yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 that used it for President Obama's last inaugural. This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration -- period -- both in person and around the globe."

I'll root for his success but the lies he uses to protect his thin skin are BS.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kellyanne Conway: Pres. Trump will not release tax returns even after the audit he's frequently cited is completed.

So the first broken campaign promise, that he'd release them after the audit. So we can't even get the real facts to go along with the alt-facts.

Can it be an "excuse thread" too?

"Why is the media making a big deal about this?"

Well... It was the first thing out of your press sec's mouth. No?

"It was raining."

Okay... Not a lie. It was raining.

"More people use devices than just TVs now."

Yeah... I use a phone 90% of the time... I didn't watch the 2017 national abortion.

...A match made in heaven w/an excuse heavy culture. Enjoy America! The privileged, whiny minority got what they wanted. Thanks my fellow blue shirts! Just enjoy the ride... It will get better. We will be making cheap throw away consumer crap in no time! :wallbash:

Kellyanne Conway: Pres. Trump will not release tax returns even after the audit he's frequently cited is completed.

So the first broken campaign promise, that he'd release them after the audit. So we can't even get the real facts to go along with the alt-facts.

Bury my heart wounded ego!

@SeanSpicerFacts now lives! Check it out. The memes that have been showing up are priceless.

In all seriousness, Spicer should resign. He would get a job just about ANYWHERE for standing up for truth.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled Right Wing Kool Aid Drinkers who dominate PPP who are responding in 3... 2... 1...

Edited by BmoreBills

it is truly beyond bizarre

politicans have always lied but its always about stuff thats hard to confirm. this team just lies about stuff everybody can see is a lie - and they dont even care. they dont even bother to try to lie subtley, its just bald faced toothy grin lying out of their asses right in front of everybody

the tax returns, the broad conflicts of interest, the blatant partisanship representing only one demographic and overtly disparaging the other

i dont know how this piece of ѕhit of a man is going to avoid getting his buffoon ass impeached. as much as i would love seeing that dick of a human get whats coming to him, it would be very bad for the country

i just really cant see how this isnt going to end in disaster. if we are lucky it will only be him and his plasticine family that suffers for it. but it honestly concerns me that hes going to make some mistake that costs many thousands of lives

dear god, if you arent going to let us have a do-over could you at least see that he doesnt blow pluto sized chunks out of the planet?

it is truly beyond bizarre

politicans have always lied but its always about stuff thats hard to confirm. this team just lies about stuff everybody can see is a lie - and they dont even care. they dont even bother to try to lie subtley, its just bald faced toothy grin lying out of their asses right in front of everybody

the tax returns, the broad conflicts of interest, the blatant partisanship representing only one demographic and overtly disparaging the other

i dont know how this piece of ѕhit of a man is going to avoid getting his buffoon ass impeached. as much as i would love seeing that dick of a human get whats coming to him, it would be very bad for the country

i just really cant see how this isnt going to end in disaster. if we are lucky it will only be him and his plasticine family that suffers for it. but it honestly concerns me that hes going to make some mistake that costs many thousands of lives

dear god, if you arent going to let us have a do-over could you at least see that he doesnt blow pluto sized chunks out of the planet?

Liberals wanted an authoritarian executive. They've earned this.

hopefully i will only have to say this once but i expect im going to have to repeat it several times until the message eventually sinks in

im not a partisan, ive never belonged to a political party by design. wisdom resides in the center and its tragic most of us dont realize that

i cant stand partisan discussions/arguments and i dont participate in them. if i dont respond to something in a political discussion you can assume its bc i want nothing to do with one-sided partisan arguing

i prefer to talk about real issues in as much of a politically unbiased manner as possible. i prefer to work with the 10% of ppl that can do that and see if we can expand each others horizons by having an honest and respectable exchange

so these 'liberals are this evil' and 'republicans are that evil' comments are just not going to interest me at all

This is an automated post. Please change the thread title to something more appropriate. Something like "Snowflakes Post Here" would do nicely.

You're OK with the press secretary going out and telling bald-faced lies that are indisputable on his second day? No concerns about that?

If Spicer had come out and attacked the press for running with the MLK bust story, fair game. But why the other excrement?

You're OK with the press secretary going out and telling bald-faced lies that are indisputable on his second day? No concerns about that?

If Spicer had come out and attacked the press for running with the MLK bust story, fair game. But why the other excrement?

Oh please educate me. What were the lies exactly?

Oh my Me...

I really thought it was enough when we had to endure Tibershit, Pastablowjob, and EII... now we have more snowflakes?

the butthurt. the butthurt.. i love it!

I am not butt hurt at all. Why do you think that I think I am special? The Trump years (if he lasts that long) will be good to me.... Just as good as the last 8, even better. Why is thinking about others being a "snowflake"... You'd think it would be the exact opposite? The Trump voters seem to be the ones butt hurt, left out of the economy.

Should we list all the ways the previous press secretary continually and deliberately lied or misled the public on issues like: Syria, Libya, Russia et al?

Nah. That would take too much server space to list.

45's team is everything 44's was, they just have a different letter before their names.

Funny how you're more up in arms about the narcissism (which has been well known for decades) than you are the war crimes committed and covered up by 44's press secretary. Your priorities might need an adjustment.

I am not butt hurt at all. Why do you think that I think I am special? The Trump years (if he lasts that long) will be good to me.... Just as good as the last 8, even better. Why is thinking about others being a "snowflake"... You'd think it would be the exact opposite? The Trump voters seem to be the ones butt hurt, left out of the economy.

think back 2008/2012.

remember the quacks saying obama won't last, and everything else you're saying...

is the exact same thing they said.

basically you're acting like all those you mocked 8 years ago... i'll call you re re instead of snowflake.

Keep forgiving Trump's lies and he'll happily keep spoon feeding them to you.

Of course, you do love you some stupid-juice.

i don't believe trumps lies. i don't care about what trump says. you forget how he got elected people don't care what he says.

he got elected because he is no hillary. i didnt' vote trump. if i knew it'd piss peopel off this much i'd go back and change my vote.

think back 2008/2012.

remember the quacks saying obama won't last, and everything else you're saying...

is the exact same thing they said.

basically you're acting like all those you mocked 8 years ago... i'll call you re re instead of snowflake.

i don't believe trumps lies. i don't care about what trump says. you forget how he got elected people don't care what he says.

he got elected because he is no hillary. i didnt' vote trump. if i knew it'd piss peopel off this much i'd go back and change my vote.

I honestly didn't think Obama would make it 8.

I am left and that is being a quack? We are a very conservative nation!

You still miss the dangerous demagoguery that our founders warned us about. Yes, Hillary was lesser of the two. Simple as that. Trump is more dangerous. The American people simply got it wrong.