Game Day Thread: Inauguration

boyst

(yes it is early, but I am not going to stay up until midnight to start this)

I hope this thread welcomes all posters - including new comers to the dungeon - to participate.

Let's hope for a peaceful 4 years in which America prospers. Cheering against the President is like cheering a pilot to crash the plane.

Ozy (Nazi Sympathizers) Tiberius/Gatoretard are not welcome here (or anywhere).

Lets see if we can also avoid name calling and being dicks in this thread.

Edited by Boyst62

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone but ozy and other nazis are welcome here

updated.

I propose the motion that name calling in this thread, trolling and truly outlandish behavior be subject to self moderation or actually have moderation step in for this thread only.

Yes, this is the cessPPPool and moderation is not applicable - but outsiders will want to contribute or check in with thoughts, etc. 26CB, Yolo will likely have players comments, among other things they may want to offer, for example.

Would anyone like to support this motion?

Edited by Boyst62

Schedule..........................for those interested

The Schedule

The official inaugural festivities commenced Thursday afternoon and do not wrap up until Saturday morning. Below are some of the highlights; and here is an expanded schedule.

FRIDAY, INAUGURATION DAY

11:30 a.m. | Swearing-in ceremony
With American officials and other dignitaries gathered on the West Front of the Capitol, the official inauguration ceremony begins. Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. will administer the oath of office around noon. Mr. Trump will then deliver his inaugural address.

Afternoon | The Parade
After reviewing the American armed forces, President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence will lead the inaugural parade from the Capitol down Pennsylvania Avenue, with thousands of military personnel representing each branch participating.

7 p.m. and on | Inaugural balls
There will be two official inaugural balls on separate floors of the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, and the Armed Services Ball, which will be at the National Building Museum. Mr. Trump is expected to make remarks and take to the dance floor at all three.

SATURDAY

10 a.m. | National Prayer Service
The Washington National Cathedral will host the traditional prayer service for Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence to begin their terms in prayer and reflection. The service marks the end of the official inaugural schedule.

10 a.m. | The Women’s March on Washington
Expected to be the week’s largest protest action, the march begins with a rally at the base of Capitol Hill. The schedule of speakers has not been announced, nor has the route the marchers will take when they begin moving at 1:15 p.m.

How to Watch

On TV: Coverage of Inauguration Day will be carried live by ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, PBS and Fox News.

The Weather Forecast

Cloudy with a good chance of rain. Temperatures in Washington are expected to rise into the mid to high 40s on Friday, but the National Weather Service has put the chance of precipitation at 90 percent for the daytime hours. The best chance for steady showers should come between the late morning and early afternoon hours, when Mr. Trump will take the oath of office. Small umbrellas will be permitted on the mall.

(yes it is early, but I am not going to stay up until midnight to start this)

I hope this thread welcomes all posters - including new comers to the dungeon - to participate.

Let's hope for a peaceful 4 years in which America prospers. Cheering against the President is like cheering a pilot to crash the plane.

Ozy (Nazi Sympathizers) Tiberius/Gatoretard are not welcome here (or anywhere).

Lets see if we can also avoid name calling and being dicks in this thread.

[This is an automated response.]

You're an idiot.

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.5.

A pastor with a long history of inflammatory remarks about Muslims, Mormons, Catholics and gays is scheduled to preach at a private service for President-elect Trump and his family on Friday, shortly before Trump takes the oath of office. The pastor, the Rev. Robert Jeffress, is a Southern Baptist who vigorously campaigned for Trump during the final months of the presidential election and is a member of his evangelical advisory board. "I love this guy!", Trump has said of Jeffress.

Jeffress leads a 12,000-member megachurch in Dallas and is a frequent guest on Fox News. But to many Americans, he may be best known for his frequent condemnations of Mormonism as a "cult" during the 2012 presidential campaign. He urged Christians not to vote for Mitt Romney, a Mormon, during the Republican primary. He later supported Romney over President Barack Obama.

Jeffress has also called Islam and Mormonism heresies "from the pit of hell," suggested that the Catholic church was led astray by Satan, accused Obama of "paving the way" for the Antichrist and spread false statistics about the prevalence of HIV among gays, who he said live a "miserable" and "filthy" lifestyle. In recent years, Jeffress has frequently denounced Islam, calling it an "evil religion" that "promotes pedophilia" because the Prophet Muhammed married a 9-year-old girl. (Many modern Muslim scholars disagree about her age.) The pastor has also said that Mormons, Muslims and Hindus "worship a false god."

A pastor with a long history of inflammatory remarks about Muslims, Mormons, Catholics and gays is scheduled to preach at a private service for President-elect Trump and his family on Friday, shortly before Trump takes the oath of office. The pastor, the Rev. Robert Jeffress, is a Southern Baptist who vigorously campaigned for Trump during the final months of the presidential election and is a member of his evangelical advisory board. "I love this guy!", Trump has said of Jeffress.

Jeffress leads a 12,000-member megachurch in Dallas and is a frequent guest on Fox News. But to many Americans, he may be best known for his frequent condemnations of Mormonism as a "cult" during the 2012 presidential campaign. He urged Christians not to vote for Mitt Romney, a Mormon, during the Republican primary. He later supported Romney over President Barack Obama.

Jeffress has also called Islam and Mormonism heresies "from the pit of hell," suggested that the Catholic church was led astray by Satan, accused Obama of "paving the way" for the Antichrist and spread false statistics about the prevalence of HIV among gays, who he said live a "miserable" and "filthy" lifestyle. In recent years, Jeffress has frequently denounced Islam, calling it an "evil religion" that "promotes pedophilia" because the Prophet Muhammed married a 9-year-old girl. (Many modern Muslim scholars disagree about her age.) The pastor has also said that Mormons, Muslims and Hindus "worship a false god."

So he subscribes to mainline evangelical views? Shocked, shocked I say.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/19/politics/trump-jeffress-pastor/index.html

I doubt Reverend Wright has been asked to preach at Trump's inauguration.

mcconnell-mitch-obama.jpg
I suggest that you look toward the future and not the past with regard to this thread. I also ask you to join in dialogue without the inflammatory rhetoric of hyper partisanship.

If you can't, there is nothing I can do to stop you but I will not make anything you do here easy.

Such an awesome day, the peaceful transfer of power. Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others. I hope the peace, prosperity and greatness of the USA continues under Trump and his Republican majorities that are the government. Trump is different, but let's hope it all works out and all the doomsday predictions from both Democrats and Republicans turn out not to be true. Should be an interesting ride! God Bless America :thumbsup:

Our owner, who is a friend of Romney, is having a catered lunch sent to our office today to celebrate. Half the people here look like they're going to explode, with some vocal about it being inappropriate to bring politics into the office. They're the same ones who have been trying to push their views on to others for the past two years. I generally agree that politics are best left out of the office and so I keep my opinions to myself, but this is great. Today is going to be a very fun day.

I suggest that you look toward the future and not the past with regard to this thread. I also ask you to join in dialogue without the inflammatory rhetoric of hyper partisanship.

If you can't, there is nothing I can do to stop you but I will not make anything you do here easy.

So now we can't even use Republicans own words? That's the common rhetoric we're hearing from Trump supporters; forget everything we said or did in the past that is now hypocritical and move on. A majority of Americans disapprove of Trump, and he doesn't even have a plurality with 40% approving of his transition. That is all a part of the inauguration story.

You have the power to delete my posts, but if you're going to just allow one side to express their opinions then you should change the forum name to Conservative Politics, Polls, and Pundits.