Game Day Thread: Inauguration

boyst

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got an uncle on Facebook whose just as butthurt as Pasta Joe.

Putin and Comey !!!!! Bwahahahahaha.

I have two sisters and a host of other friends who are just apoplectic at this stage. A conservative uncle was just publicly 'unfriended' :lol:

The big dilemma seems to be whether to change your profile picture to a blank page or to Obama.

I have two sisters and a host of other friends who are just apoplectic at this stage. A conservative uncle was just publicly 'unfriended' :lol:

The big dilemma seems to be whether to change your profile picture to a blank page or to Obama.

I keep testing my sister and sister-in-law pro-Trump messages. Just sent them "Yay! America is great again!"

You'd think they'd know me well enough to know I'm !@#$ing with them. But no...they honestly think I'm a Trump supporter, because I hate Hillary and they cannot grasp the concept that it's possible to hate both.

As a leftist, wage earner white guy... I am simply not butt hurt. Should I have voted for Trump along w/others in the basket of deplorables?

Maybe @ the end of the year, I will have a few more dollars in my pocket! LoL...

I keep testing my sister and sister-in-law pro-Trump messages. Just sent them "Yay! America is great again!"

You'd think they'd know me well enough to know I'm !@#$ing with them. But no...they honestly think I'm a Trump supporter, because I hate Hillary and they cannot grasp the concept that it's possible to hate both.

Best one to get them going:

Trump's 2020 slogan:

"Keep America Great!"

I should probably go easy on them though.. I am still a lib...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I decided long ago to stay far away from politics on Facebook. Liberals are such an angry, joyless and irrational crowd it's just not fun. They're all like PastaJoe.

My most hysterical sister (who is entirely rational and unhysterical in every other aspect of life) has opted for the super serious "I'm not ok with this" story from one of the idiot sites that churns out left wing nonsense day and night. Others are dusting off the Bush-era favorite "OMG, he's such an IDIOT, he said blah, blah, blah!). And of course some are still clinging to the Obama legacy (apparently his biggest accomplishments were being graceful and classy).

I decided long ago to stay far away from politics on Facebook. Liberals are such an angry, joyless and irrational crowd it's just not fun. They're all like PastaJoe.

My most hysterical sister (who is entirely rational and unhysterical in every other aspect of life) has opted for the super serious "I'm not ok with this" story from one of the idiot sites that churns out left wing nonsense day and night. Others are dusting off the Bush-era favorite "OMG, he's such an IDIOT, he said blah, blah, blah!). And of course some are still clinging to the Obama legacy (apparently his biggest accomplishments were being graceful and classy).

Don't I bring you hope?

Yet... I have cut my teet for 26 years around a bunch of deplorables... Moving away helped too. You learn pretty quick in The trades: "When Rome, do as the Romans!"

Really, I am a fun, happy guy. I just happened to have a firm philosophical and ethical understanding... Well, I think I do! ;-p

Can I be the ONE happy, joyful lib again for 4-8 years as I was from 2000-2008!

:-)

For what it's worth, I always enjoy seeing all these partisan icons letting go of all the usual divisiveness and at least putting on an air of solidarity and civility as citizens. Seeing the Clintons, Bushes, Obamas, uncle Joe, Bob & Liddy Dole all warm smiles and handshakes is something I'd personally like to see more often.

It ain't ever gonna happen that way under normal circumstances, but I'd like to see more of it.

It's really been incredible the past few days. I've had all I can do to not tell half of my timelines to grow the phuck up. No one was this hysterical when Obama won, and yet all these liberal nutbags genuinely think that someone Trump is going to blow up the world.

Unreal. And pretty embarrassing. But hey...I still enjoy watching them lose their minds and throw their temper tantrums.

Not a very inspirational or unifying speech. It sounds like an election stump speech.

Hmmm....look who has the default mindset that anything said during the campaign should be ignored after its over. Big shock who you supported. Perhaps one of the reasons Trump is now POTUS is because he actually meant what he was saying during those stump speeches?

CNN whining because Trump didn't acknowledge former President Clinton's wife.

It's really been incredible the past few days. I've had all I can do to not tell half of my timelines to grow the phuck up. No one was this hysterical when Obama won, and yet all these liberal nutbags genuinely think that someone Trump is going to blow up the world.

Unreal. And pretty embarrassing. But hey...I still enjoy watching them lose their minds and throw their temper tantrums.

Not according to several things I've read on Facebook. Apparently millions of us were burning him in effigy eight years ago. It's like the butthurt is so strong it's saps all ability for rational thought.

This... As you know... I am a Fed... Almost everybody I work with voted Trump!

I am not at work today (day off)... But TV is on and the procession to replace Obama's picture on the wall besides the generals and colonel has probably started! Even know official Trump photo won't reach us for weeks... We left Bush (one & Dubya) & Willy on wall for weeks before pic was released... I had to put Obama up there 8 years ago and would have had to put "the wicked witch of the east" up if she won...

I work Sunday... Probably be a blank spot up there.

Go figure... As a Fed, you'd think we would have a target on our heads?

BTW... The one black guy (1/13... No females) claimed he didnt vote...:-/