Game Day Thread: Inauguration

boyst

19th century flair???... Well fans at baseball games in the 1800s where expected to heckle the umpire, even throw stuff at them!

It was promoted that our American birthright was to fight tyranny.

Gee... Anybody else see the irony in your post?

Make America gr8 again... Take it back to the 19th century, start packing when you go to ballgame... :-/

You rightists have lost all sense. You can't pick and choose.

Wow, an even more twisted EII post than usual.

Quick English lesson:

A surprisingly good and somber ceremony, with a real 19th-Century flair,

The subject of the sentence is the "ceremony"

if you wish to do a "gator-like" extension of that into the actions of the administration and conservatives (reminder; two different things)

Go right ahead.

"pick and choose"...............what a maroon :lol:

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw something I haven't seen in years. On his first day as President, Trump signed four documents (to get a waiver for Mattis and nominate his cabinet), and he did it all with the same pen.

When he sees how much Obama gets for all of his pens on Ebay, he's really going to kick himself.

And just like the TomBot pre-beta version predicted... We move more authoritarian w/only one pen... And the hoi polloi rejoice!

Busy at the moment...

C2nygJ_UAAED1vt.jpg

LoL!!!!

So most of the world is actually working and not concerned with today. Its my favorite parr about inaugurations.

They used to be in March, if that helps... But Harrison caught a nasty pneumonia.

;-)

Only thing better for Trump would have been if 1/20/16 fell on MLK Day... Damn 4 days! ;-)

Before the south started voting Republican. The voting rights act of 1965 changed politics. You are so ignorant

Yes... Democrats were bad... Southern dems. I probably would have been a repub until the New Deal... But not a southern dem.

Dems acted like repubs now... Repubs like dems. The 1927 flood was also a marked point in that shift for AA's move to the northern dems.

We are seeing a shift of some kind today... We are in the thick of it and on a positive note, it is all thanx to Trump.

Yes... Democrats were bad... Southern dems. I probably would have been a repub until the New Deal... But not a southern dem.

Dems acted like repubs now... Repubs like dems. The 1927 flood was also a marked point in that shift for AA's move to the northern dems.

We are seeing a shift of some kind today... We are in the thick of it and on a positive note, it is all thanx to Trump.

Louisiana? Yes, also world war one saw many blacks move north and the Democratic urban political machines sought their votes in the 20's but the Depression and Hoover's ignoring blacks in the flood, letting the Klan led Red Cross in the south "take care of them." is what made them a solid part of FDR's New Deal coalition.

I hope you are right about health care, that would really be great

Louisiana? Yes, also world war one saw many blacks move north and the Democratic urban political machines sought their votes in the 20's but the Depression and Hoover's ignoring blacks in the flood, letting the Klan led Red Cross in the south "take care of them." is what made them a solid part of FDR's New Deal coalition.

I hope you are right about health care, that would really be great

Gotta be some silver lining to Trump, his popular numbers are staggering. Impossible to hold that electoral edge without expanding and throwing bones to the Plebs... Outside of the current basket of deplorables that squeaked him in. Edited by ExiledInIllinois