Report: Greg Olson to Rams as QB coach

YoloinOhio

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that listens to John Murphy show recently knows the Bills are starting to sell a rebuild, reset. Go for greatness, etc

since murph moved time slots I don't listen to him anymore (plus not a fan of his) but a rebuild is what we really need. Key is Pegs need to stick with it and not fire McD in the middle of the process.

I'd be okay with that if they didn't hand the rebuild keys to Doug Freakin' Whaley

Manos?

McDermott did not sign up for a total rebuild. Fans will be piiiiiiiiised.

Fan schmans, Pegs need to do this right and not cater to the whim of the fans or we will never win.

I'm worried we are going to have to settle for some scrub OC that's worse than Olsen

Someone who is way in over their head and won't be able to effectively develop a new rookie QB if we truly are going to rebuild

Edited by VaMilBill

Not that Rotoworld is always right with their analysis but they are pretty wired in and usually know the scoop. Their analysis is that Olson was getting passed over for the job, not that he passed on the job.

"Olson was in the mix to be the Bills' new OC, but apparently was getting passed over and will take a position coach gig with the Rams. Olson coaxed a big year out of Blake Bortles as the Jaguars' OC in 2015 but was canned by Jacksonville back in October after a horrid start. He was also instrumental in developing Derek Carr in Oakland as a rookie. Olson previously was the Rams' OC back in 2006-07 under then-coach Scott Linehan. Olson's next project is Jared Goff."

Not that Rotoworld is always right with their analysis but they are pretty wired in and usually know the scoop. Their analysis is that Olson was getting passed over for the job, not that he passed on the job.

"Olson was in the mix to be the Bills' new OC, but apparently was getting passed over and will take a position coach gig with the Rams. Olson coaxed a big year out of Blake Bortles as the Jaguars' OC in 2015 but was canned by Jacksonville back in October after a horrid start. He was also instrumental in developing Derek Carr in Oakland as a rookie. Olson previously was the Rams' OC back in 2006-07 under then-coach Scott Linehan. Olson's next project is Jared Goff."

yep I think the Bills were going to do the same thing Denver did with a Musgrave and interview under the guise of OC but offer QB coach. He likely prefers to stay on west coast per Albert breer and knew he wasn't being offered the OC here.

yep I think the Bills were going to do the same thing Denver did with a Musgrave and interview under the guise of OC but offer QB coach. He likely prefers to stay on west coast per Albert breer and knew he wasn't being offered the OC here.

I can see this. It is funny how Vic Carucci is pointing out that the Bills OC job would've paid more and that Olson "bailed" on it to stay in California. He does point out that Olson has kids, and might want to prefer California, but there is a hint of "omg he turned down a better paying job because it was the Bills" in there, even though he wasn't offered the job and none of what you said to be found in his posts.

Edited by What a Tuel

I can see this. It is funny how Vic Carucci is pointing out that the Bills OC job would've paid more and that Olson "bailed" on it to stay in California. He does point out that Olson has kids, and might want to prefer California, but there is a hint of "omg he turned down a better paying job because it was the Bills" in there, even though he wasn't offered the job and none of what you said to be found in his posts.

i don't think many people actually think the Bills were going to offer him the OC job so those comments are funny