Falcons..Put up or shut up

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a hair thing?

I do admit I get guys confused sometimes because of the long hair. And it does seem like you are providing an extra something to get a hold of, though I don't recall seeing that happen. Linemen wear tight jerseys and get them as slick as possible so they cant be grabbed. An extra handle to grab doesn't seem practical, but what di I know?

Remember when Beast Mode went back and picked one of his dreads up off the sideline? Maybe there is a no hair pull gentleman's agreement....

Exactly. A disaster for the network and the League.

Uh, the NFL can take it.

Why do fans care about the ratings? I mean, do you own stock or something?

I think the Falcons would be great to watch because they are a great offensive team, and new kids on the block.

Brady and the Patriots were once new, and the ratings probably weren't as good as they would have been with another team, but who gave a !@#$?

If the Falcons tear it up, and go back to the next Super Bowl as a hot young team, then the ratings you are so concerned about, will rebound.

Time for some new blood. Every league needs to develop new stars, and you would think a guy that's a fan of an outlier team, would appreciate when it happens for a team outside the powerhouse franchises, and not worry about the league's Super Bowl ratings (which will be plenty high regardless).

Edited by HoF Watkins

The Falcons are playing as good of football as anyone right now.

Matt Ryan will be the MVP.

Ryan's Weapons on O-

Julio , Sanu, Gabriel(what we hoped Goodwin could be), Robinson, Freeman, Coleman, and the kid Hooper at TE has come on.

Alex Mac was the best FA signing last year. Mack solidified the O line and has made LeVitre look like he did in Buffalo.

The D has come together and played average to good football over the last 5 games. This is all a team needs on one side of the ball when the other is putting up historic numbers. Beasley, Freeny are providing pass rush. The D is playing that fast fly around make a play D. A Seattle light D. Falcons are missing a couple of pieces but they are getting there. Give it a year and this unit could be close to the O side. Scary thought.

Matt Bryant has been money in the Dome.

The Falcons have as good a shot as any of the othe 3 teams of winning it all. Two hottest teams will be playing in ATL this weekend. It will be a great game to watch. Green Bay always has a shot with Rodgers. I felt better about Atl going to Dallas.

I watched Dallas get pressure on Rodgers, Atl can and needs to all day.

Why the hate on Ryan? People said the same things about P. Manning till he won one. I know, because I was one of them. Ryan is a very controlled emotions guy. As far as anyone left 'deserving' to win it , I'd say Ryan is the best candididate. Name me one personal blemish on Ryan? If you don't like the guy, ask yourself why? Maybe that says more about you than him.

People bag on Atl fans and the teams all the time. It is annoying really. If you lived in Atl you would understand. This city is a fairly new city. It is a melting pot that exploded in the 80's and 90's. It is still growing so fast. The transplants brought the allegiance to their old city's team with them. I am seeing a lot more second generation Atliens becoming true Falcons fans and Hawks fans. Braves are solid and have been for a long time.

Soon enough the talking heads at ESPN like Linda Cohn(still think she looks great) will have to pick on another city.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Rodgers is amazing, no doubt, but it cannot be denied that Rodgers receiving corps is equally amazing. And the OL that gives Rodgers the chance to extend plays like he does is also key.

Then there's Matthews.

No, not a one man show.

I am along the lines of seeing Rodgers like Brady. A guy who takes average receivers and makes the look great. Brady has done it for years and made quite a few rich in the process. Troy Brown, David Patten, David Givens, I could probably reel off about 10-12 names altogether. Peyton did the same thing as well. They have one guy who is really good and the rest you could basically throw in anybody. Those Packers receivers wouldn't be as successful anywhere else without #12 in the Pack uni slinging them the ball.

Pats-Packers could be a classic.

Steelers-Packers been there, saw that.

Falcons in the SB = zzzzzz.

But it would at least be someone different. Green Bay is pretty much my second favorite team, but I wouldn't be upset to see Atlanta in there.

I saw something yesterday that said every Superbowl (except for one) since 2004 has included Roethlisberger or Brady. Talk about ZZZZZZ.....that's 13 years of the same old crap.

EDIT - I meant that every Superbowl since 2004 involved Roethlisberger, Brady, or Peyton Manning.

Edited by BuffaloWings

But it would at least be someone different. Green Bay is pretty much my second favorite team, but I wouldn't be upset to see Atlanta in there.

I saw something yesterday that said every Superbowl (except for one) since 2004 has included Roethlisberger or Brady. Talk about ZZZZZZ.....that's 13 years of the same old crap.

When people that think a team is boring, it's usually that they don't know their roster because they haven't watched the team play much. The only cure is to see more of the team. There is nothing boring about the Falcons.

Switch their uniforms to the Cowboys', and the same people are swooning about them being the most exciting team in a decade.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Who thinks Matt Ryan can get over the hump? If he can get by Rogers then Big Ben or Darth Brady he changes the way he's viewed forever.

Opportunity calls Atlanta, do you accept the charges?

Looks like they're"put'in up" :nana:

As long as Rodgers is alive and breathing, the Packers are still a threat.

not with that defense, did they hire Rob Ryan?

Edited by CSBill

Not a big Falcons fan, but I live in Atlanta. Happy to see how this's is shaking out for all the local folks. We did sit in the Presidents box for a game one time and that was very cool. The stadium next year will be astonishing, I believe. It's unlike anything else I've seen.

Looks like Put Up at this point!

Yep. Nice thread in a message board devoted to a team that hasn't made the playoffs this millennium.

Falcons are a tough out. I think they're going to win it all.

Not a big Falcons fan, but I live in Atlanta. Happy to see how this's is shaking out for all the local folks. We did sit in the Presidents box for a game one time and that was very cool. The stadium next year will be astonishing, I believe. It's unlike anything else I've seen.

I also live in Atlanta. Don't care when they lose; happy when they win.

If only I could have the same emotional attachment to the Bills.

I'm concerned about the Super Bowl TV ratings, though. I think I'm going to call all my friends and beg them to give the game a chance even though it's just the Falcons.

I'm worried that people in Brazil, Saudi Arabia, Portugal, and other countries where most of the populace only tunes in for the Super Bowl, won't bother to watch, and that would leave me feeling empty.

This could really hurt the NFL's pocketbook. Like, some of the guys at the league office might jump out of windows on Monday.

Tune in, you owe it to the league!

Edited by HoF Watkins