Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci 7s7 seconds ago

#Bills scheduled to bring Greg Olson in for interview for OC job on Thursday. Appears #Chiefs co-OC Brad Childress is out of the picture.

Why does it 'appear' that way? Does Vic have insider info? Or is he just guessing because he hasn't heard about an interview date?

Not too long ago, A Lynn's hiring as the permanent HC was all but a formality - according to the media.

About half the stuff in the media is wrong. So I only believe half of what I read. Unfortunately, it's usually the wrong half.

Edited by hondo in seattle

My guess is fans don't know enough about coaching to make judgements one way or the other. Fans tend to go by name recognition or stats. Problem is that most coaches are as good as their players. This negates a lot of arguments for or against a certain coach. For instance why love for Childress and the opposite for Olsen? Frankly I would have to personally go back over all the players they have coached and compare those players at whatever stage in their careers they were at and then try to see if the stats lined up with the level of talent. Problem is as a fan I neither have time or desire to do that. So I assume those people in the business know a lot more than I do.

Would like to see Brad but have to wonder what his interest would be in coming here. Not a move up and and he just got promoted to the same position on a better team. Maybe we are not interested because he is not interested.

The idea is he is interested in leaving KC because they promoted Nagy to Co-OC this year. He is being squeezed out for the young up and comer, and maybe he would want to go somewhere where he is THE guy.

I wonder if Childress is out, maybe we look at Nagy?

Edited by DrDareustein

My guess is fans don't know enough about coaching to make judgements one way or the other. Fans tend to go by name recognition or stats. Problem is that most coaches are as good as their players. This negates a lot of arguments for or against a certain coach. For instance why love for Childress and the opposite for Olsen? Frankly I would have to personally go back over all the players they have coached and compare those players at whatever stage in their careers they were at and then try to see if the stats lined up with the level of talent. Problem is as a fan I neither have time or desire to do that. So I assume those people in the business know a lot more than I do.

Maybe you can't figure it out. Some of can put the pieces together.

The fact is that if the reports about Childress dropping out are true the Bills are now looking at the third option on their list. That is awful but thanks for trying to put lipstick on a pig.

Why bother with a coach if he means nothing.

Maybe you can't figure it out. Some of can put the pieces together.

The fact is that if the reports about Childress dropping out are true the Bills are now looking at the third option on their list. That is awful but thanks for trying to put lipstick on a pig.

Not trying to do anything my friend. Please do give us your personal expertise. Are you now or have you ever coached at the college or professional level? Or as most fans gained expertise from sports forums or talk shows? I readily will admit I'm not an expert, so please give me some room for not being one.

Olsens resume is not inspiring . He has never been to the playoffs as an OC or QB coach over that past 16 years. As far as I went back. Him and the Bills are due?

This has me fearing what we Bills fans have watched for years. We don't get good play from both sides of the ball.

You either have to be a top 5 offense with a mediocre D to have success, ala the Falcons. Having a great D with a bad offense just doesn't work. Ask the Texans.

The longer this drags on the likelihood of it turning out well diminishes. Most candidates probably see this situation for what it is, an organization that isn't headed in any direction, kind of a dog chasing it's tale and want no part of it. Why would anyone leave an established program with clearly defined objectives to go somewhere that ownership and management aren't even communicating well?

Edited by iinii