Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has he done that makes him a good QB coach? He was around Bortles and his throwing motion looks worse than it did when he was drafted.

As mentioned earlier his work with Josh Freeman early in his career (second season particularly) was stellar. Go check out the numbers he put up.... and that is a guy who was such a borderline talent he is now out of the league.

Edited by GunnerBill

What has he done that makes him a good QB coach? He was around Bortles and his throwing motion looks worse than it did when he was drafted.

He has a league reputation as being good with young QB's. I can't tell you if this is deserved but it does explain why he moves around a lot.

As mentioned earlier his work with Josh Freeman early in his career (second season particularly) was stellar. Go check out the numbers he put up.... and that is a guy who was such a borderline talent he is now out of the league.

it's funny cause freeman was really good for about 2 years, bortles threw for a lot of yards and td's last year. i might like this hire

My one and only question is why would they even look at Olson his track record indicate he shouldn't be considered the bills need an experienced OC to fix theverything problem at one bits drive not someone coming from in coach from colts voice "the jaguar you talking about the Jaguars"

Dak would have looked great here. Sorry, Bills messed up. He's not just a product of the system.

If any team - including those that already have good QBs would have thought that Prescott would be as good as he appears to be, he would certainly been drafted in the first round, not the 4th.

In a league where QBs are over-drafted all the time, that he lasted until the 4th says that a lot of teams didn't think he would be very good.

part of that borderline talent was work ethic and professionalism. dude was the prototype physically. he had that monster stretch but also was lazy with meetings, hurt his hand shooting and lied to the team i think i remember... etc....

If any team - including those that already have good QBs would have thought that Prescott would be as good as he appears to be, he would certainly been drafted in the first round, not the 4th.

In a league where QBs are over-drafted all the time, that he lasted until the 4th says that a lot of teams didn't think he would be very good.

Lots of teams are clueless. I agree with that. My friend who is an amateur scout liked Prescott more than Jared Goff. Way too much group think by NFL GM's. Need new blood.

Freeman had one good year? He was a head case who was never short on talent. His stellar year was 2010? I looked it up he had 3500 yards and a QBR rating of 59.73. I have a hard time using Josh Freeman as the determining factor, the kid lost his mind after a promising start to his career. That had more to do with his demise than his level of talent.

Has to be better options on there for OC and QB coach, both hires will be the most important choices that this team makes. If they don't find a way to develop QB's they are better off sticking with TT.

I hope Olson is getting the interview and we take Childress as OC and offer Olson the QB coach position. That's what he is good at.

This would make sense. Sometime the media reports (even by normally reliable guys like Rappoport) are a bit off. We saw last week that the Broncos were supposedly interviewing both McCoy and Musgrave for the OC job. Musgrave wound up being hired for QB Coach. Maybe a similar situation here?

Not much "outside the box" thinking by the Bills. Two "has been" coaches. Who is the coach that will come in with some original gameplan? Don't see him yet.

Childress would be a huge get for Buffalo. Wade Phillips has done quite well for himself after getting fired by the Bills.