Kyle Posey: Debunking the Tyrod Taylor Myth

YoloinOhio

I don't think anyone is claiming Tyrod does not have some deficiencies, but only the stupid ignore the fact that the Bills had the 7th ranked offense last year and Tyrod was a big part of it.

Sorry i dont use a team or unit stat to try Nd justify a player. And i dont like to settle. So if a player is flawed and not part of a solution for building a long term contender i am not going to marry myself to him for the next 3 years.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have any of those answers? Because from the average fan it looks like he can't or doesn't see open receivers quite a bit. This has been commented on at all levels, by amateurs and "pros" alike. I like TT, i'd like to know if this is something that can develop or if they need to move on.

At the end of the day I just want the best 11 on each phase to get out there and !@#$ people up!

I don't have those answers just like none of us do. All you can do is use common sense, logic and remove bias (bad or good). Agendas will ALWAYS allow you to see exactly what you already determined was true, even if it;'s completely wrong.

My post was more of a warning or disclaimer to use when viewing an All 22.

Sorry i dont use a team or unit stat to try Nd justify a player. And i dont like to settle. So if a player is flawed and not part of a solution for building a long term contender i am not going to marry myself to him for the next 3 years.

I'd say 2 years - and in those 2 years you have options to draft other players and fill that hole. If you can't acquire the guy you want this off season, it buys you at least another year to look and develop

Edited by dneveu

There are games you can watch TT and say WOW we have our franchise QB.

But they are so few and far between. He is at his ceiling or very very close to it. And what you see is what you get. And will continue to use these statements with him

"He is unconventional"

"You can with with him if"

Yep. So we now as Bills fans want to keep a QB that needs to have a very specific type of Offense Designed so he can execute and we think that is a long term model for success.

Remember what happend whejnwe got excited aboutnthe Last Flawed QB that actually did very well in an Offense designed to hide his limitations? It got exposed and QB got Cut and hurt our Cap for 2 years.

Wrong again! Do a little home work before you respond. He struggled for the same reason where ever he has been. He has a gunslinger mentality but not the skill set to always execute it. Turn overs have been and always be his demise. Has nothing to do with the offense. If you knew any thing about football that would be evident to you.

I'd say 2 years - and in those 2 years you have options to draft other players and fill that hole. If you can't acquire the guy you want this off season, it buys you at least another year to look and develop

Again it is a philosophy. You think a new coaching coming into a team that has this playoff drought is going to use ANY assets on A QB after just locking yourself into TT until the end of 2019?

Serious answer: by actually playing in NFL games, which he has only done for 2 years.

And yet didnt and could actually say regressed in year 2

As long as the Bills continue to Settle at the QB position they will continue to languish in a league thay every year makes it easier and easier to pass the ball

Edited by MAJBobby

Maybe some day you will understand that football IS a team sport and the only thing that matters is the final score and it doesn't matter how you get there.

Yep. So we now as Bills fans want to keep a QB that needs to have a very specific type of Offense Designed so he can execute and we think that is a long term model for success.

Actually, long term success would be drafting a guy who develops into a franchise QB. BUT the draft is a crap shoot, and we currently have a serviceable QB on the roster. So the ideal move would be to keep the guy you have, and see what happens with the guy you draft. If the guy you draft doesn't show what you want, at least you have a known quantity in Tyrod. I don't think anyone here is claiming that TT is a franchise QB in the sense that he's someone that can take over a game and win without good players elsewhere on the team. There's only a couple QBs that qualify as that anyways.

Actually, long term success would be drafting a guy who develops into a franchise QB. BUT the draft is a crap shoot, and we currently have a serviceable QB on the roster. So the ideal move would be to keep the guy you have, and see what happens with the guy you draft. If the guy you draft doesn't show what you want, at least you have a known quantity in Tyrod. I don't think anyone here is claiming that TT is a franchise QB in the sense that he's someone that can take over a game and win without good players elsewhere on the team. There's only a couple QBs that qualify as that anyways.

Well said! I think MAJBobby shares the same misguided opinion as all the writers and radio personalities here, who feel you have to throw for 5000 yards a year or you suck.

Edited by Original Byrd Man

Wrong again! Do a little home work before you respond. He struggled for the same reason where ever he has been. He has a gunslinger mentality but not the skill set to always execute it. Turn overs have been and always be his demise. Has nothing to do with the offense. If you knew any thing about football that would be evident to you.

Ha ha OK. Hmm so beacuse of his crossers being high lowed (NE exposed that in Chans Offense)

Buzzing under routes eary changed a read (made Fitz go deep)

Yeah exposing a designed offense to hide QB flaws has NOTHING to do with QB success. And I am the one that needs to do homework. Ok

I think MAJBobby shares the same misguided opinion as all the writers and radio personalities here, who feel you have to throw for 5000 yards a year or you suck.

You want to call me out fine. Now go fine one post of my many on the QB position that i ever mentioned 5000 yards.

Maybe some day you will understand that football IS a team sport and the only thing that matters is the final score and it doesn't matter how you get there.

Sure and alot easier to get to that win column when you have a QB that can run a balanced offense and be able to help his team in OAK instead of hanging them out with 3 and out after 3 and out.

But thats unconventional QB play

Edited by MAJBobby

There's no myth to debunk.

Tyrod doesn't see the field and even when he does find a man wide open, he often can't get him the ball.

I am thinking of a bomb he threw to Woods early in the season down the left side of the field. Wide, wide open...Woods totally extended in desperation to try and catch up to the overthrown ball...face planted into the turf....

Easy TD turned into an incompletion b/c Tyrod's accuracy is crap.

And that's the least of his many issues.

If you want to assess Tyrod's game, watch TYROD!

Not anyone else, and not the coaches.

It's weird that the same people chime in every time Tyrod is mentioned. The chime in to say "I told you so" when something negative is written and "he's wrong" when something positive is written. The reality is that Tyrod moved the offense and put up a lot of points. He did it with a poor receiving core. His game has holes and he misses throws. He is a middle of the league QB. It is foolish to use old school stats (like passing yards) as a measure of his impact. He doesn't play a traditional style of QB. He misses some throws that most QBs make but he makes some plays that no other QB makes.

Was the Bills offense good in 2016? The advanced statistics would say that they were. They weren't there DESPITE the QB play. Coaching, QB, OL, play calling, running game, etc... ALL played a role. You cant just selectively choose the reasons that the results happened while selectively excusing what doesn't fit the narrative. All of these things factored into the result. If you believe that replacing him with someone else would improve those results that's a different argument. I for one, do not see the Bills as a top 7 scoring team with someone (other than Romo) under center in 2017.

It goes both ways, brother. Criticism of Taylor is not unwarranted, despite your personal opinion.

do you have any of those answers? Because from the average fan it looks like he can't or doesn't see open receivers quite a bit. This has been commented on at all levels, by amateurs and "pros" alike. I like TT, i'd like to know if this is something that can develop or if they need to move on.

At the end of the day I just want the best 11 on each phase to get out there and !@#$ people up!

I think that he sees them. He doesn't have the confidence to pull the trigger in the middle because of all those Safeties & dropping LBs. I think that unlike accuracy, confidence can be upgraded through experience. IMO

Remember what happend whejnwe got excited aboutnthe Last Flawed QB that actually did very well in an Offense designed to hide his limitations? It got exposed and QB got Cut and hurt our Cap for 2 years.

Silly me. Why would I expect my coach to adjust their system to enhance our current personnel's strengths while masking their weaknesses. Surely no successful staff does that...

I think Bobby has some valid points.....TT needs to show he can do some certain things more consistantly then he has at this point.

However...in a overall larger viewpoint. I dont see a realistic option in free agency to replace him. He is probably the best we could get on the free agent market. Lynn biult a system working with him that worked last year.

We need to still draft a qb high.......and we need to get a legit qb coach in here to work with all of our guys.

If we win this next year....it is because we got this defense turned around.

Tyrod is 27 years old. He hasn't even started two full seasons worth of games yet (he's at 29GS). Through the first 29 games, what has Tyrod been comparable to: RG3's rookie of the year season. Are we seriously complaining about that? When RG3 won rookie of the year and was the talk of the town, you're telling me we don't like that kind of production from our QB b/c he's 27 and not 23 or 22? My question is, who cares?

So worst case scenario, Tyrod's floor is RG3's rookie of the year season (apporoximately), and lets say his ceiling is slightly better (which it can be with a healthy Sammy, more starts in the NFL, and consistency with the coaching staff), is that a bad thing at 28 yrs old next year?

It takes a special kind of stupid to want to move on from Taylor considering:

- there's no immediate upgrade in FA, let alone one that would come here

- we're not drafting a blue-chipper in round one

- he's on a cheap deal (relatively-speaking for QBs) for the next 3 years

- we don't have someone waiting in the wings to take over

Only in Buffalo could you spend two years developing a QB who's never started a game until he got here, then leads the team to a top 10 offense with practice squad nobodies beyond WR1 for most of the season, then want to let him go because you think he's not good enough. I mean, if you were in New England, or Indianapolis, or Green Bay and you were used to HoF quarterbacking, then I could see how maybe that might make some sense, even if it would still be wrong. But Buffalo??

Honestly, some of you deserve this dogshizz franchise.

Silly me. Why would I expect my coach to adjust their system to enhance our current personnel's strengths while masking their weaknesses. Surely no successful staff does that...

Well when you are trying to develop (you know people say just needs reps) a QB into a balanced QB you have to call um big boy passing plays

There I fixed it for you to be more accurate of the situation. That does make a big difference. Yes you can learn something standing on the sideline, but then you need to be on the field to see if it actually works.

Another name to add to that list would be Vinny T. He was terrible for the first 10 years or so.

Serious question: How often does development continue after 6 years in the NFL but only started the last two years?