Kyle Posey: Debunking the Tyrod Taylor Myth

YoloinOhio

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone says that Tyrod can't find or hit open receivers, on the all 22 even amateurs(like myself) have watched them run free all year. My question is this: If we can see it, the coaches and players surely must, so why weren't adjustments made in season to correct some of that?

Also, TT holds the ball too long. Again, why wasn't this addressed during the season and emphasis put on quick strikes amd run after catch like the rest of the NFL?

Everyone says that Tyrod can't find or hit open receivers, on the all 22 even amateurs(like myself) have watched them run free all year. My question is this: If we can see it, the coaches and players surely must, so why weren't adjustments made in season to correct some of that?

Also, TT holds the ball too long. Again, why wasn't this addressed during the season and emphasis put on quick strikes amd run after catch like the rest of the NFL?

CAnt just make adjustments and expect to stick. Its up to the player.

Ie remember hearing all the time how great Tebow improved his throwing motion ans mechanics. We read and heard it all the time. Bullets start flying his mechanics and accuracy back to being a **** show

CAnt just make adjustments and expect to stick. Its up to the player.

Ie remember hearing all the time how great Tebow improved his throwing motion ans mechanics. We read and heard it all the time. Bullets start flying his mechanics and accuracy back to being a **** show

was he being coached that way? I mean if u have a coach behind u screaming, get rid of it, throw it, hit that last step and let it go throughout every practice you would think it might stick in a game?

I personally think Tyrod has developed as much as he is going to as far as mechanics etc.

The real question now.....what can be done on the offensive side of the ball to make him more productive in the passing game (if he says)

I believe there are things that can be done in that area when yu consider he played without his TOP receiver for nearly the whole year and woods was in and out of the lineup.

The next question I have is......why did Tyrod Taylor all of a sudden find his TE which had been running free in the final games of the season?

The biggest Myth of the supporters. No one to throw too. Lol

MAJBobby to the rescue. Always here to uneducate everyone. i swear you have a google alert for Tyrod. Through your work, you'll talk enough **** that someone higher up will eventually see it and completely change their mind. based on random internet guy's huge, huge crusade.

was he being coached that way? I mean if u have a coach behind u screaming, get rid of it, throw it, hit that last step and let it go throughout every practice you would think it might stick in a game?

It didnt for Tebow did it.

Sometimes players just cannot internalize changes happens

MAJBobby to the rescue. Always here to uneducate everyone. i swear you have a google alert for Tyrod. Through your work, you'll talk enough **** that someone higher up will eventually see it and completely change their mind. based on random internet guy's huge, huge crusade.

Am i wrong? Thats what i thought.

I personally think Tyrod has developed as much as he is going to as far as mechanics etc.

The real question now.....what can be done on the offensive side of the ball to make him more productive in the passing game (if he says)

I believe there are things that can be done in that area when yu consider he played without his TOP receiver for nearly the whole year and woods was in and out of the lineup.

The next question I have is......why did Tyrod Taylor all of a sudden find his TE which had been running free in the final games of the season?

Well isn't it odd how Sammy Watkins comes out publicly and says that the offense needs to put more emphasis on the passing game and a week later the offense is passing for over 300 yards? - Even though they played a team with one of the weakest run defenses in the NFL? - Maybe a week of emphasizing the passing game in practice translates into a better passing attack in the next game?

not very often but kurt warner was out of the leauge, steve young developed, aaron rodgers was a backup for year. it's def not common.

Warner had just never been given a chance. He was a first team All Pro his first year playing. Young and Rodgers were simply stuck on the bench behind HOF QBs. None of them were struggling to see open receivers or pull the trigger on passes two years into their starting roles.

It's weird that the same people chime in every time Tyrod is mentioned. They chime in to say "I told you so" when something negative is written and "he's wrong" when something positive is written. The reality is that Tyrod moved the offense and put up a lot of points. He did it with a poor receiving core. His game has holes and he misses throws. He is a middle of the league QB. It is foolish to use old school stats (like passing yards) as a measure of his impact. He doesn't play a traditional style of QB. He misses some throws that most QBs make but he makes some plays that no other QB makes.

Was the Bills offense good in 2016? The advanced statistics would say that they were. They weren't there DESPITE the QB play. Coaching, QB, OL, play calling, running game, etc... ALL played a role. You cant just selectively choose the reasons that the results happened while selectively excusing what doesn't fit the narrative. All of these things factored into the result. If you believe that replacing him with someone else would improve those results that's a different argument. I for one, do not see the Bills as a top 7 scoring team with someone (other than Romo) under center in 2017.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

we clearly missed the big play with watkins out. big ben doesnt throw 30 10 yard passes. he has usually 1-2 or more big plays to brown or another guy that get him those 300 yard games. get watkins in there to get the deep ball 10 times more a year and you'll see tyrods numbers go up a bit.

Roman expanded the Offense. Asked Taylor to do it and it cost Roman his job.

I think it was the other way around, Rex told Roman to get the TE and middle of the field going and Roman did not call the plays. Tyrod was going over the middle more the last 3rd of season, I assume Lynn started calling more plays to that area.