Lynne may return as oc in buffalo under McDermott

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been insinuated by Chenelly over the past week or so (just that if a defensive HC is hired Lynn is a good bet to return as OC). However I don't think it will happen. I think he will ask to go elsewhere as OC if he doesn't get a HC job. And they will let him out of his contract. Jmo.

Anthony Lynn may return to the Buffalo Bills under Sean McDermott

However, should McCoy take the job with the Broncos, it would once again open up McDermott’s offensive coordinator position. One person that could fill that position is the current offensive coordinator in Anthony Lynn. Despite having his name tossed around for head coaching jobs, there is little evidence that he is a major player for any of those positions.

Should Lynn not get any of the open jobs remaining, he already stated that his main goal was to remain with the Bills.

Anthony Lynn may return to the Buffalo Bills under Sean McDermott

However, should McCoy take the job with the Broncos, it would once again open up McDermotts offensive coordinator position. One person that could fill that position is the current offensive coordinator in Anthony Lynn. Despite having his name tossed around for head coaching jobs, there is little evidence that he is a major player for any of those positions.

Should Lynn not get any of the open jobs remaining, he already stated that his main goal was to remain with the Bills.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/anthony-lynn-may-return-buffalo-130053985.html

this isn't quite accurate. I believe what he actually said was that his first choice of the HC jobs was to stay with the Bills.

Wouldnt mind that at all so long as they keep Tyrod. 10th in scoring. With a defense that probably cost you two or three possesions a game cause they couldnt get anyone off the field quickly.

Edited by TANK2

Funny Lynn was a huge HC candidate on TBD. In reality he is just filing in the Rooney rule.

That's a low, and insulting blow.

Considering the source (sorry Jerky...you is who you is...) I am not offended or irritated by the post. I will say, however, that the ignorant statements about black coaches and the RR are becoming annoying and tiresome. Boo.

That's a low, and insulting blow.

Lynn himself admitted it.

Considering the source (sorry Jerky...you is who you is...) I am not offended or irritated by the post. I will say, however, that the ignorant statements about black coaches and the RR are becoming annoying and tiresome. Boo.

Blame Lynn for talking g about it earlier in the month. I understand you people try to block out this **** that goes on in the world but it only makes you ignorant when we have to talk aboht it. Edited by Beef Jerky

This has been insinuated by Chenelly over the past week or so (just that if a defensive HC is hired Lynn is a good bet to return as OC). However I don't think it will happen. I think he will ask to go elsewhere as OC if he doesn't get a HC job. And they will let him out of his contract. Jmo.

i was pretty strongly in agreement with that....

but did come to thinking that perhaps starting the season as a position coach and only being interim for a week he might still view starting next year as OC as progress. If he started as OC last year it would probably be a harder pill to swallow.

i have no idea how he is viewing it but i could see this as possible

Really well said! People's perception is that the interviews are RR related but can't answer why these teams interviewed Joseph, Goodwin, Lynn, Austin, Richard, etc... These guys weren't interviewed to check a box; they are considered some of the best HC candidates on the market.

Lynn himself admitted it.

Blame Lynn for talking g about it earlier in the month.

He said he WOULDN'T take interviews to fill the Rooney Rule.