Sean McVay Hired as Rams' New HC, Wade Phillips Named DC

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is 30. Went to Marist here in Atl, I know it well. Miami Ohio QB.

30 is young. Too young for my comfort level. But not my money or my team. God bless them!

Shula was a HC with the Colts at age 33. If he can command the respect of the players, then who cares. Must not be too bad if Wade Phillips is joining his staff as DC.

Shula was a HC with the Colts at age 33. If he can command the respect of the players, then who cares. Must not be too bad if Wade Phillips is joining his staff as DC.

Smart move to bring in a mature presence, I will give him that. Let's see what Wade is getting paid before we throw all kudos at McVay for hiring him.

You hit the nail on the head with commanding respect.

Is there an age where you say 'that is to young to be a HC in the NFL'?

I like what the Rams are doing. I hated them previously for two reasons -- Fisher and Greggo. Now that both are gone they may become my favorite NFC team. Young, aggressive offensive-minded HC, combined with a fantastic veteran DC he can hand the reins to and a D loaded with front 7 talent.

Watch out for this team.

I like what the Rams are doing. I hated them previously for two reasons -- Fisher and Greggo. Now that both are gone they may become my favorite NFC team. Young, aggressive offensive-minded HC, combined with a fantastic veteran DC he can hand the reins to and a D loaded with front 7 talent.

Watch out for this team.

I agree, I'm excited for this combo.

rams have some pieces. couple nice wr's if they keep britt. big time rb if they can use him better next year. they also have some talent on defense. just a quick look they have 40 mil in cap space with 53 guys under contract but 8 mil in cap in greg robinson who was benched this year. so could have much more than 40 mil if the release some guys and hit free agency. But man does goff have to look better next year. Could be a team to keep an eye on esp with wade getting that defense bettter...9th in yards allowed but 23rd in points allowed.

Smart move to bring in a mature presence, I will give him that. Let's see what Wade is getting paid before we throw all kudos at McVay for hiring him.

You hit the nail on the head with commanding respect.

Is there an age where you say 'that is to young to be a HC in the NFL'?

I would think any age where your younger then a good chunk of the players on your team might be.

I guess the assumption is that it's harder to command the respect of the players if you can't shave yet. But you knew that.