Tyrod Taylor will have surgery on groin

Per Bills app:

The Buffalo Bills confirmed in a team statement Thursday that quarterback Tyrod Taylor chose to have surgery after seeking a second opinion this week. The statement read as follows.

Bills QB Tyrod Taylor had a consultation visit yesterday with Dr. William Meyers and elected to have surgery this morning. The Bills were informed late yesterday of this mornings procedure.

No other details on the procedure were provided.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

They said they "he elected" to have surgery. I'm assuming that means the Bills told him he didn't need it?

Florio kills me

@profootballtalk

Tyrod Taylor having surgery, which could foil that brilliant Bills plan to bench him to prevent injury

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/05/tyrod-taylor-having-groin-surgery-which-could-be-bad-for-bills/

Edited by YoloinOhio

They said they "he elected" to have surgery. I'm assuming that means the Bills told him he didn't need it?

Florio kills me

@profootballtalk

Tyrod Taylor having surgery, which could foil that brilliant Bills plan to bench him to prevent injury

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/05/tyrod-taylor-having-groin-surgery-which-could-be-bad-for-bills/

"Elected" sounds like counter-leverage to me. If Tyrod can't pass his 3/1 physical because he's still undergoing rehab from the surgery, and the Bills have a colorable argument that he never needed the surgery to begin with, it sets the stage for a legal battle over the injury guarantee. Good times!

"Elected" sounds like counter-leverage to me. If Tyrod can't pass his 3/1 physical because he's still undergoing rehab from the surgery, and the Bills have a colorable argument that he never needed the surgery to begin with, it sets the stage for a legal battle over the injury guarantee. Good times!

Per this link regarding when and how the injury guarantee triggers:

" The only way it does is if two things happen the Bills decide to not pick up his option, thereby releasing him, and he cant pass a physical upon that release. In that case, Buffalo would owe him $27.5M.

The Bills have until the third day of the new league year, which is March 11, to decide whether or not they want to pick up Taylors option."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/1/5/14176464/tyrod-taylor-surgery-buffalo-bills-qb-may-be-having-surgery-today

Edited by YoloinOhio

Per this link regarding when and how the injury guarantee triggers:

" The only way it does is if two things happen the Bills decide to not pick up his option, thereby releasing him, and he cant pass a physical upon that release. In that case, Buffalo would owe him $27.5M.

The Bills have until the third day of the new league year, which is March 11, to decide whether or not they want to pick up Taylors option."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/1/5/14176464/tyrod-taylor-surgery-buffalo-bills-qb-may-be-having-surgery-today

Right. If they release him and he can't pass his physical, the team can try to claim that he had an elective surgery which doesn't trigger the injury guarantee. I think...

I do agree with this :lol:

@profootballtalk

Bills release on Tyrod Taylors surgery can easily be read as having a bit of a tone

And..

Herm Edwards on his weekly spot on our local radio and said this going to "go to court" over the money he is deserved

Wut?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Right. If they release him and he can't pass his physical, the team can try to claim that he had an elective surgery which doesn't trigger the injury guarantee. I think...

Isn't any surgery "elective" though?

Either way he's about 8-9 weeks out from the physical so don't see any issues.

Would be a bit ironic if Taylor claims he is due his money as a result of the injury provision after whining about being benched in the Jets game.

I'm pretty agnostic on Taylor, the Bills could be better, they could do worse, and it might help both sides to restructure the contract a bit since I don't think another team is going to pay Taylor $20M+ for next year and it will be difficult for the Bills to come up with a much better option for next year.

Meanwhile, let that number sink in a bit. Taylor, a decent but clearly non-exceptional QB will make close to $30M next year if the Bills pick up the option. THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS! That's about the same amount as 600 teachers will make combined. Sure tells you that society's priorities are utterly screwed up.

Meanwhile, let that number sink in a bit. Taylor, a decent but clearly non-exceptional QB will make close to $30M next year if the Bills pick up the option. THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS! That's about the same amount as 600 teachers will make combined. Sure tells you that society's priorities are utterly screwed up.

that's because most folks aren't voluntarily willing to pay $100 each to watch a teacher teach for a few hours.

Would be a bit ironic if Taylor claims he is due his money as a result of the injury provision after whining about being benched in the Jets game.

I'm pretty agnostic on Taylor, the Bills could be better, they could do worse, and it might help both sides to restructure the contract a bit since I don't think another team is going to pay Taylor $20M+ for next year and it will be difficult for the Bills to come up with a much better option for next year.

Solomon Hill got 4 years 52 million in the NBA... Thats a considerable commitment to a guy who has averaged 6 PPG over his career.

@profootballtalk

This is one of the stupidiest media vomits I've seen yet. So - he was injured enough to require surgery yet the BIlls were stupid to NOT play him in a meaningless game?

Solomon Hill got 4 years 52 million in the NBA... Thats a considerable commitment to a guy who has averaged 6 PPG over his career.

As a U of A basketball fan I was happy for Solo, but yeah, that was just dumb.

that's because most folks aren't voluntarily willing to pay $100 each to watch a teacher teach for a few hours.

kinda proves my point (not suggesting people should pay to watch people teach, but you'd think education would have a higher priority than over-priced entertainment, as if watching the Bills for the past 17 years can be categorized as entertainment).

Edited by IronyAbounds

As a U of A basketball fan I was happy for Solo, but yeah, that was just dumb.

kinda proves my point (not suggesting people should pay to watch people teach, but you'd think education would have a higher priority than over-priced entertainment, as if watching the Bills for the past 17 years can be categorized as entertainment).

many, many, many, many people, properly motivated, willing to commit to the good/bad/ugly can be a teacher. most people, even properly motivated and willing to commit to the good/bad/ugly cannot tyrod a taylor.

it's a function of math. and excitement. and people.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

Please, please, please don't compare an nfl player's salary to that of a teacher's to make your case.