Carucci: Lynn is having 2nd Thoughts about Bills' HC Job

Jason Cole or someone surveyed 7 NFL GM's and the Bills job was at the end of the list. I saw it linked on here, but again that's probably just the evil media picking on poor OBD.

As I recall, it wasn't 7 NFL GM's. It was "7 NFL Executives", a much more nebulous set of sources.

I interpreted the continuity-familiarity correction to mean that Lynn is not Roman or Rex, and his O and D won't be a continuation of their schemes.

That makes good sense, but it's probably a bit too refined a distinction for many.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carucci has become the Donald Trump of tweeting, saying both sides of the same story so he can always say he's right. SAD!

Both are bipolar and off their medicine frequently. Has Vic applied to be White House Press Secretary?

I doubt if Lynn is telling Doug today that he's having second thoughts.

I think anyone who grants an interview at this time with the three stooges at Buffalo News will have negative comments written on their evaluation.

Lynn should read what they are writing about his current and potentially future boss.

How many years left on his golden parachute?

I heard Lynn started the interview with this. "Doug, your press conference sucked. You implied I lied. I put a curse on you and your future offspring."

Doug said: "How'd the interview with the niners go?"

Lynn said: "Have I mentioned how much I love the Bills"

LOL!

I've done it. It's good practice. And, it's kind of fun because there's no pressure. You can say and ask anything you want.

One way to collect frequent flier miles.

One recruiter told me to take a job interview in Florida even though I told him I had no intention of working there full time (I have worked there before but only on installs).

He said it was a good way to get my resume circulated in company for other jobs - and I'd be getting a frequent flyer miles and hotel points.

Vic was once one of the best, most objective Bills reporters with good sources, and seemed in touch with what most fans REALLY wanted to know about.

Unfortunately that ship has sailed... Not sure what changed. It's more sad than funny.

Yes he appeared to come back to Buffalo to rescue his career and padded it for job at the National Inquirer.

No, he said he was having second thoughts. I had second thoughts before getting married (who doesn't?), but that didn't stop me in the end.

Exactly.

It's NOT surprising when a few of our resident mother-hen/fan hating/fan blaming idiots act like Vic saying "Lynn was having second thoughts..." was "Lynn doesn't want the job".

Because, well..........IDIOTS. :rolleyes:

But when some normally sensible people here are acting that ignorantly it's surprising.

It's like partisan politics rather than football discussion.

As in......"I think TBN is too negative so......."Vic is speaking out of both sides of his mouth so he can be right either way!".

Why do we need to be subjected to that hyperbole here?

What is so hard to believe about Lynn wondering if the Bills job is right for him?

There is a lot of uncertainty related to hitching up to a lame duck GM who is lukewarm on you to start with and of course the QB situation.

Edited by #BADOL

Nor by the looks of it did Vic. He heard a half-baked rumour and repeated it because in modern media being first is seen as being more important than being right.

its not even being first anymore, its being the most salacious

our media focus now is literally to just make **** up, the more outrageous the better. get as many clicks as you can and to hell with any semblance of truth. at least with the bills its just football, but we even do it with our most important subjects now

its really pissing me off. i hope we rush through this horrible phase soon

Yes he appeared to come back to Buffalo to rescue his career and padded it for job at the National Inquirer.

very well put

its sad to see vic transform himself from larry felser into jerry sullivan

its not even being first anymore, its being the most salacious

our media focus now is literally to just make **** up, the more outrageous the better. get as many clicks as you can and to hell with any semblance of truth. at least with the bills its just football, but we even do it with our most important subjects now

its really pissing me off. i hope we rush through this horrible phase soon

very well put

its sad to see vic transform himself from larry felser into jerry Sullivan

been a long time Meathead, where ya been?

Exactly.

It's NOT surprising when a few of our resident mother-hen/fan hating/fan blaming idiots act like Vic saying "Lynn was having second thoughts..." was "Lynn doesn't want the job".

Because, well..........IDIOTS. :rolleyes:

But when some normally sensible people here are acting that ignorantly it's surprising.

It's like partisan politics rather than football discussion.

As in......"I think TBN is too negative so......."Vic is speaking out of both sides of his mouth so he can be right either way!".

Why do we need to be subjected to that hyperbole here?

What is so hard to believe about Lynn wondering if the Bills job is right for him?

There is a lot of uncertainty related to hitching up to a lame duck GM who is lukewarm on you to start with and of course the QB situation.

Lynn would have known all of that two weeks ago and last week and four days ago. Nothing changed in the last week from his POV. The Bills weren't any more dysfunctional than what he had been seeing from a bird's eye view the last two years, Whaley was no more or less powerful no matter what anyone says unless Lynn thought Pegulas would be making the coaching interviews themselves and no one in his position would think that.

He knew everything he needs to know about Tyrod and likely hadn't been given any more direct information on their plans for Tyrod from Monday, his last day, and today, the interview. He knew what the inner workings of the Bills front office was like. He knows what he needs to know about Whaley. He likely knew he was going to get a few interviews from other teams, that was a foregone conclusion. I would bet anything he didn't think Whaley threw him under the bus in the press conference.

What exactly made him change his mind? Other cities and national and local reporters saying things that he knows for a fact aren't true?

Do I think he has reservations about the job? Of course. Dozens of them. Did he sour on the job more than he had three days ago? Why would he? It hasn't changed.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Not hard to believe at all. Hard to believe Vic knows that when all we have is a vague statement about "unnamed sources" with no attempt even to make his story sound credible and it isn't being reported elsewhere.

What we in the UK would call gossip column fodder. Heard a rumour, nothing to suggest it is true, stick it in the gossip column with three or four other stories of similar credibility.

Anyon who has ever worked for a newspaper (particularly on a sports desk) has done it.... but is not good journalism it is low grade rumour mongering. Click bait from the pre-click bait era.

I can quite believe Lynn might be worried by the state of this franchise. I can also at the same time quite believe that this is Vic throwing **** at a wall.

Edited by GunnerBill

Lynn would have known all of that two weeks ago and last week and four days ago. Nothing changed in the last week from his POV. The Bills weren't any more dysfunctional than what he had been seeing from a bird's eye view the last two years, Whaley was no more or less powerful no matter what anyone says unless Lynn thought Pegulas would be making the coaching interviews themselves and no one in his position would think that.

He knew everything he needs to know about Tyrod and likely hadn't been given any more direct information on their plans for Tyrod from Monday, his last day, and today, the interview. He knew what the inner workings of the Bills front office was like. He knows what he needs to know about Whaley. He likely knew he was going to get a few interviews from other teams, that was a foregone conclusion. I would bet anything he didn't think Whaley threw him under the bus in the press conference.

What exactly made him change his mind? Other cities and national and local reporters saying things that he knows for a fact aren't true?

Do I think he has reservations about the job? Of course. Dozens of them. Did he sour on the job more than he had three days ago? Why would he? It hasn't changed.

It sounds like to me that he found out the Bills weren't all that interested in him and he did a "well, I'm not all that interested in them."

People aren't always rational.

It sounds like to me that he found out the Bills weren't all that interested in him and he did a "well, I'm not all that interested in them."

There doesn't seem to be any reason to believe he has soured on the job. This was his second interview, the Bills second interview, it went on as planned for both sides, and Vic seemed to be wrong again that it may be a done deal as early as today. The reports have been that he is going to interview elsewhere and the Bills are going to do their full search, which was always the plan and will have 5-6 different candidates.

been a long time Meathead, where ya been?

just focused on some other places. ive always lurked here, i like the sense of humor you guys have so i lol a lot just reading thru stuff

got totally fed up with the conspiracy feeding frenzy going on in bills nation right now, saw this thread and figured id prefer to go talk to sane ppl for a while

I've done it. It's good practice. And, it's kind of fun because there's no pressure. You can say and ask anything you want.

Well, it's good practice and there's no pressure, but I imagine you have to be careful on the say and ask thing, NFL probably a small community.

just focused on some other places. ive always lurked here, i like the sense of humor you guys have so i lol a lot just reading thru stuff

got totally fed up with the conspiracy feeding frenzy going on in bills nation right now, saw this thread and figured id prefer to go talk to sane ppl for a while

Gah, considering there's pretty much conspiracy feeding frenzy going on here too, if this is the sane ppl not sure I want to meet the crazy ones.

Nobody said he changed his mind.

That's the point.

If you think he has reservations than you protest far too much.

What could cause additional reservations in the past few days?

Time to contemplate what the information he already had prior to Monday?

A dreadful PC where the GM and owner appeared to not be in communication with each other despite a week to prepare?

A dreadful PC where the GM made himself look like a moron.....reminding fans to check and make sure their torch and pitchfork was where they left it last? Fans counting down he days to the gm's beheading is not a great way to start.

Seeing you are up against a list of candidates that includes a dude named "VANCE!" that you just hung a team record 600 yards of offense on........and he has an interview before you to boot?

More interest from other teams than he expected?

I can go on but if you didn't think of any of these things already I don't see the point.

He's a human being........the potential list is long.......and it's understandable that new things might have either concerned or irked him so much that.........GASP......he is having second thoughts! :rolleyes:

Nobody said he changed his mind.

That's the point.

If you think he has reservations than you protest far too much.

What could cause additional reservations in the past few days?

Time to contemplate what the information he already had prior to Monday?

A dreadful PC where the GM and owner appeared to not be in communication with each other despite a week to prepare?

A dreadful PC where the GM made himself look like a moron.....reminding fans to check and make sure their torch and pitchfork was where they left it last? Fans counting down he days to the gm's beheading is not a great way to start.

Seeing you are up against a list of candidates that includes a dude named "VANCE!" that you just hung a team record 600 yards of offense on........and he has an interview before you to boot?

More interest from other teams than he expected?

I can go on but if you didn't think of any of these things already I don't see the point.

He's a human being........the potential list is long.......and it's understandable that new things might have either concerned or irked him so much that.........GASP......he is having second thoughts! :rolleyes:

Vance Joseph? Oh, now I see. You mean his second thoughts were, "Boo!" and "Yah!" The job is mine if I want it.

Nothing changed. His answers in his press conference were the same as Whaley's.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Vance Joseph? Oh, now I see. You mean his second thoughts were, "Boo!" and "Yah!" The job is mine if I want it.

Nothing changed. His answers in his press conference were the same as Whaley's.

Oh I'm sorry if I didn't expand it with enough examples for you but if you want to keep insisting that YOU know EXACTLY what is in his mind then keep being that way. :thumbsup:

Edited by #BADOL

Oh I'm sorry if I didn't expand it with enough examples for you but if you want to keep insisting that YOU know EXACTLY what is in his mind then keep being that way. :thumbsup:

Probably as much or more than Vic! ;) I do know for a fact, which apparently is a surprise to you, that Interim Head Coaches who have been interviewing for HC jobs several times before in previous years put a lot of time into thinking about these things previous to the day before their interview.

I do not put much stock in anything Carucci has to say anymore. He has reverted to innuendo, retweets and rumors as his sources. In other words, standard TBN. Pretty clear he and the others there have their panties in a wad over denied access and are crusading. Clear to me anyway.

THIS

Buffalo media is the dysfunctional dumpster fire here. Pegula's interview with the AP explained everything pretty well - as others have said, TBN is just pissed they don't have access.

Ask yourself this question, when was the last time anyone on the Buffalo News broke a story of any significance about the Bills?

The TBN journalists are basically a sports version of the National Enquirer. What the hell happened to Carrucci? He used to be legitimate.

Carucci lost all his insider connections when the Pegulas bought the team. He's been making stuff up ever since.

well i didnt say you were ALL sane

but take a cruise around the billsland interwebs and youll see what im talking about. most ppl are taking the crap that ppl like bucky, sully, and now vic are saying like its gospel. russ brandon is doing things to intentionally hurt the team. whaley will only hire a complete stooge that he can boss around. terry is suffering from dimentia. elvis had a baby with an alien and it was just elected president

this place at least has more than just me telling bills fans yall are bat **** crazy

well i didnt say you were ALL sane

but take a cruise around the billsland interwebs and youll see what im talking about. most ppl are taking the crap that ppl like bucky, sully, and now vic are saying like its gospel. russ brandon is doing things to intentionally hurt the team. whaley will only hire a complete stooge that he can boss around. terry is suffering from dimentia. elvis had a baby with an alien and it was just elected president

this place at least has more than just me telling bills fans yall are bat **** crazy

Well DAMN now that explains Trump!