Questions you would have liked to hear from the Press

I am frustrated by our sports media because it seems they would rather flagellate a morbid equine than actually try to elicit information. Here's a few of the questions I would have liked to see asked.

1. There have been several players suspended for violations of the league's substance abuse policy this year. Does the team have any steps or programs planned to try to prevent this going forward? Will contract language be changed to implement more severe consequences than just loss of game checks and prorated bonus?

2. Karlos Williams showed up this year severely out of shape. Injuries have been a problem with training camp, with Reggie Ragland lost for the year as well as TE Blake Annen, Chris Gragg, WR Sammy Watkins, and so forth. Are there plans to overhaul the strength and conditioning and training staff and to alter the off season conditioning programs to mitigate these?

3. Two of your seven draft picks this year were known to be injured prior to the draft, and required further surgery that limited or precluded their playing time. Since a player will only be with the club 3 or 4 years on his rookie contract, can you comment on the decision to draft injured players who won't contribute their rookie season?

4. Washington was a healthy scratch for the Jets game. Can you comment on the reason for that?

How about you guys?

I like the question about what they are looking for in a coach. I think that should have been pressed more. I think Whaley could talk in generalities without tipping his hand to other teams.

I thinking asking him to give a fair assessment of TT progress as a QB. What did he like that TT did.

I like the question about what they are looking for in a coach. I think that should have been pressed more. I think Whaley could talk in generalities without tipping his hand to other teams.

I thinking asking him to give a fair assessment of TT progress as a QB. What did he like that TT did.

Both good questions, and I agree that Whaley can be surprisingly frank at times, so a less aggressive, confrontational press might have gotten some gouge.

With Cyrus Kouandjio showing well at LT this season is there any consideration to change Cordy Glenn to the RT position?

Good question.

Ginger or Mary Ann?

Rachel or Monica?

There are a lot of questions that could have been asked that were not. In part, this was the media's fault. In part, this was the result of not having a separate press conference with Doug Whaley addressing Rex being fired. If they had that last week, I suspect that this press conference would have gone a bit differently.

1. Who will be the QBs of this team in 2017. TT may be gone, EJ is a FA and unlikely to re-sign

2. What is the plan with Gilmore, Zack Brown and Lorax who all will be Free Agents.

3. Will you make a huge effort to re-sign Robert Woods. If not will you be targeting WR in FA, Draft