With the 10th pick, the Buffalo Bills select....

NewEra

They just spent their top 3 picks on defense last draft.

One didn't play at all, one missed training camp and some early games. Let these guys develop. I think some of the problem with the defense was coaching and scheme. Get a couple free agent Safeties (or a 2nd rounder, if you must).

The pass offense was the worst in the NFL, and the high rushing ranking is a little deceptive because lots of it was Tyrod. I want OFFENSE.

The offense scored lots of points, but watching the games, it rarely felt right, and was never reliable enough to score when they needed it at the end of tight games. It needs improvement. Look at what Oakland has done with their big wide-outs. I would love Mike Williams.

A WR, or at least another Olineman, would help a QB, be it Tyrod, or whoever else. The Dallas offense (great Oline) should be the model they follow. Until a QB falls into their lap, they need to have everything in place to help a QB succeed. It would also make it a much more desirable place for any free agent QB the Bills might eventually have a chance to sign.

It's hard to get a feel without knowing who the coaches will be, but I want offense.

Edited by HoF Watkins

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just spent their top 3 picks on defense last draft.

One didn't play at all, one missed training camp and some early games. Let these guys develop. I think some of the problem with the defense was coaching and scheme. Get a couple free agent Safeties (or a 2nd rounder, if you must).

The pass offense was the worst in the NFL, and the high rushing ranking is a little deceptive because lots of it was Tyrod. I want OFFENSE.

The offense scored lots of points, but watching the games, it rarely felt right, and was never reliable enough to score when they needed it at the end of tight games. It needs improvement. Look at what Oakland has done with their big wide-outs. I would love Mike Williams.

A WR, or at least another Olineman, would help a QB, be it Tyrod, or whoever else. The Dallas offense (great Oline) should be the model they follow. Until a QB falls into their lap, they need to have everything in place to help a QB succeed.

It's hard to get a feel without knowing who the coaches will be, but I want offense.

A crappy qb like tyrod would've made the playoffs 2 years in a row if he had a defense that didn't suck. I agree that part of the problem was scheme, but watching our LBs and

Safties run around like idiots all year made me ill. Getting Ragland back will help. But that gives us one good LB (and we don't even know if he's any good). Shaq and adolphus will help our DL but neither will be playing LB. the safety free agent crop is crap this year. We'll

Need to draft at least one in the first 3 tds.

I wouldn't be upset if we drafted Williams or Davis. I just think the defense is our biggest issue and we need some thunder because we have none other than the DL.

A crappy qb like tyrod would've made the playoffs 2 years in a row if he had a defense that didn't suck. I agree that part of the problem was scheme, but watching our LBs and

Safties run around like idiots all year made me ill. Getting Ragland back will help. But that gives us one good LB (and we don't even know if he's any good). Shaq and adolphus will help our DL but neither will be playing LB. the safety free agent crop is crap this year. We'll

Need to draft at least one in the first 3 tds.

I wouldn't be upset if we drafted Williams or Davis. I just think the defense is our biggest issue and we need some thunder because we have none other than the DL.

Without knowing who the DC will be, it's hard to know if Safety will be as featured as it was in Wrex's scheme. I think they can get by with "average". Having 11 guys on the field, and clearer responsibilities will be a big help.

This season was such a mess, that I'm not convinced that we can judge the defense so harshly. Both the offense and the defense had some good games, some bad. The offense couldn't pull out close games, with a final possession score. It wasn't that good.

It appears that Watkins can't be counted on to play each week, either.

They need an influx of talent on Offense, IMHO.

RT Ryan Ramczyk 6'5" 315 Wisconsin

He is going to have hip surgery.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I think if we switch back to a 4-3 our Run D will vastly improve. Not sure if LB is truly a need but definitely can't argue with Reuben Fosters talent. I am hoping Malik Hooker falls to the 10th spot, he reminds me off Tyrann Mathieu. If he's gone I would love for the Bills to snag WR Corey Davis out of WMU. That kid is going to be a great playmaker at the next level

Without knowing who the DC will be, it's hard to know if Safety will be as featured as it was in Wrex's scheme. I think they can get by with "average". Having 11 guys on the field, and clearer responsibilities will be a big help.

This season was such a mess, that I'm not convinced that we can judge the defense so harshly. Both the offense and the defense had some good games, some bad. The offense couldn't pull out close games, with a final possession score. It wasn't that good.

It appears that Watkins can't be counted on to play each week, either.

They need an influx of talent on Offense, IMHO.

He is going to have hip surgery.

cool, then we can trade back and still get him.

Going by our fairly recent Bills draft history, the selection process will be very straight forward.

With the 10th pick in the draft the Bills will chose somebody who has the "It" factor, lights up the room with his mere presence, has a high motor, and needs major surgery before he can catch a glimpse of the field. I'm sure Doug will find us a good one. Likely, this person will somehow be the BPA at a position of great need, with a track record of friendly encounters with both law enforcement and various THC enthusiasts. Hands-on ownership will oversee the selection process to ensure a quality product is delivered to the fans. There will be wine involved, no doubt. Our most tenured and experienced executive, Brandon, will also review the new face of the franchise and ensure proper marketability both here and across the border.

Alternatively, Doug may package our next five 1st rounders and trade up a few slots. We are really close, as he recently said.

The wrong guy. It doesn't really matter which one, whoever it is will be the wrong one. Sorta like the coach.

This

Going by our fairly recent Bills draft history, the selection process will be very straight forward.

With the 10th pick in the draft the Bills will chose somebody who has the "It" factor, lights up the room with his mere presence, has a high motor, and needs major surgery before he can catch a glimpse of the field. I'm sure Doug will find us a good one. Likely, this person will somehow be the BPA at a position of great need, with a track record of friendly encounters with both law enforcement and various THC enthusiasts. Hands-on ownership will oversee the selection process to ensure a quality product is delivered to the fans. There will be wine involved, no doubt. Our most tenured and experienced executive, Brandon, will also review the new face of the franchise and ensure proper marketability both here and across the border.

Alternatively, Doug may package our next five 1st rounders and trade up a few slots. We are really close, as he recently said.

Also this

Since Rex is gone, we can finally start drfating for the offensive players we need in the early rounds. I say WR 1st if there or next S. Then go strictly offense if need be as we can be really good with the right players. I assume a real def coordinator can straigten out our defense quickly with the talent we have with or without Gilmore and Williams

Since Rex is gone, we can finally start drfating for the offensive players we need in the early rounds. I say WR 1st if there or next S. Then go strictly offense if need be as we can be really good with the right players. I assume a real def coordinator can straigten out our defense quickly with the talent we have with or without Gilmore and Williams

I agree that a new D.C. Might help straighten out our D, but do you guys think scheme will improve our run d THAT much? We had a rb run for 200 yards against us 3 times! Our tackling and LB play was a joke. Thankfully we get Ragland next year, but who knows if he's even any good. A slow LB coming back from a major knee injury.

I realize there isn't just one way to fix this team, but adding the best LB in the draft that has amazing upside makes the most sense to me. Maybe that's because I think Preston Brown sucks and I think zach brown is going to get out of buffalo as fast as he can. Which leaves us with 2 of the slowest LBs in the league.....and they both play the same position (in a 4-3, which imo is what we need to play).

Looking at the safety position, we need a safety just as much. We literally don't even have a safety on the team. So adams and hooker makes complete sense.

While we only have Sammy at wr, I feel it's a position we can add 1 or 2 FA's, retain Hunter, Tate and listenbee and be ok on offense. We were the 9th best scoring offense and our WRs were the worst in the league all season talent wise (due to injury)

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

Not many quality safties

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/safety/

Not many decent 4-3 olbs that can run and cover + stop the run (which is what we need. Our current LBs can't really cover and neither can run. P Brown can't do any of the 3)

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/linebacker/

Edited by NewEra